Moka2008

I864 questions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I am helping my mom filling out the I-864s for visa petitions for my mom's brothers (my uncles) and their family (total 10 members with 2 separate petitions). So, including my parents, its a total of 12 people. My Dad retired and my Mom doesn't have a job. The only income they have are social security, some apartment rental income and my Dad's retirement IRA. While preparing the I864 and I864A (my Dad), I ran into the following questions:

1. when I count the total number of household for one petition, do I count all 12 members in each I-864? or if I include 8 (2 +6 from my uncles) and then 6 (2+4 from my other uncle) or 8 first and then 12?

2. On my Dad's I-864A, there is a place where I need to put the names he is sponsoring, there are only 5 spaces, what should I do for the 6th family member of one of my uncle?

3. for the current income for 2008, since they are not really working for an employer, has the option to take out their IRA account and rental income fluctuate with the rental expenses. Could I use an estamite based on the average from the past 3 years? I have obtained the 2005/2006/2007 tax info as support.

3a. As the types of income they report every year is not fixed or can't really be predicted until the year end, is there any other support they need to provide to NVC besides the tax transcript from IRS?

The following is what I have ready, but I don't know if I need to get more documents?

IRS tax transcripts for 2005 2006 2007

I864 (My Mom, the petition)

I864A (My Dad)

Do I need to get more documents? and what documents?

I guess I want to get it through once, NO RFEs!!!!

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Timeline F4 Visa Family Based visa 4th preference

- - - - -

USCIS Process

9/22/1997 Petition I-130 priority date

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

NVC Process

6/2007 received DS-3032/AOS Bill

11/2007 Immigrant Visa Fee bill generated

3/2008 Sent AOS Bill to NVC

4/2008 Received AOS instruction

5/2008 DS230 fee paid per NVC

6/1/2008 mail DS230/I864 to NVC

6/6/2008 Called and find out about the RFE for I-864 and DS230

6/8/2007 resubmit I-864A copies

6/8/2007 resubmit DS230 directly from Taiwan by my uncle with copied barcode sheet

6/15/08 NVC received the both DS230 and I864A

6/16/2008 called NVC and was told need the petitioner's birth and marriage cert... ??????? what is NVC thinking?

6/19/2008 Case completed!!! (horray!! still don't know why there was a message on 6/16/08, but who cares now)

Timeline
Hi Everyone!

I am helping my mom filling out the I-864s for visa petitions for my mom's brothers (my uncles) and their family (total 10 members with 2 separate petitions). So, including my parents, its a total of 12 people. My Dad retired and my Mom doesn't have a job. The only income they have are social security, some apartment rental income and my Dad's retirement IRA. While preparing the I864 and I864A (my Dad), I ran into the following questions:

1. when I count the total number of household for one petition, do I count all 12 members in each I-864? or if I include 8 (2 +6 from my uncles) and then 6 (2+4 from my other uncle) or 8 first and then 12?

2. On my Dad's I-864A, there is a place where I need to put the names he is sponsoring, there are only 5 spaces, what should I do for the 6th family member of one of my uncle?

3. for the current income for 2008, since they are not really working for an employer, has the option to take out their IRA account and rental income fluctuate with the rental expenses. Could I use an estamite based on the average from the past 3 years? I have obtained the 2005/2006/2007 tax info as support.

3a. As the types of income they report every year is not fixed or can't really be predicted until the year end, is there any other support they need to provide to NVC besides the tax transcript from IRS?

The following is what I have ready, but I don't know if I need to get more documents?

I864A (My Dad)

One more question, does the NVC schedule the interviews for my uncle or would the Taiwan AIT do that?

- - - - -

USCIS Process

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

NVC Process

6/8/2007 resubmit DS230 directly from Taiwan by my uncle with copied barcode sheet

6/16/2008 called NVC and was told need the petitioner's birth and marriage cert... ??????? what is NVC thinking?

6/19/2008 Case completed!!! (horray!! still don't know why there was a message on 6/16/08, but who cares now)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi Everyone!

You must count the total member of one of yours uncle family plus your dad's dependants and fill the respective I864. Put the household size. Next, the second I864 count your other uncle family plus your dad's dependants and put the other household size.

2. On my Dad's I-864A, there is a place where I need to put the names he is sponsoring, there are only 5 spaces, what should I do for the 6th family member of one of my uncle? I think you can attach a piece of paper and put all the members' name on it. And in the form you can put a note like "See piece of paper". And put the total amount of members in question number 10.

I don't know how does ir work for retire people. But he needs to have an income of about 62500 (for a household size of 12). If he doesn't meet the poverty guideliness he can use a co-sponsor.

Bank accounts and documents of propierties can help him.

I864A (My Dad)

Timeline

thank you so much!!!

- - - - -

USCIS Process

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

NVC Process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.