Dr. A ♥ O

What are you paying for gas in your region?

289 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I filled up for $2.65/gal today. :D

did you find some mismarked gas pumps also?

Yep. The sign said 3.65 but at the pump it was 2.65. And the latter is what I paid.

did you go tell them they had the wrong price and pay the difference?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I saw it going for 3.85 a gallon this morning. Friday I paid a mere 3.69 . Gasoline sucks.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

I'm used to high fuel prices in the UK (diesel is the equivalent of $8.63 a US gallon for me at the moment), although this is offset by having a car which is fuel efficient (official figure is 49 mpg, imperial). It's alarming how fast it's rising in the US, though. You're looking at something like 200-300% since 2001? I'm not sure how long people's wallets can sustain that before the slightly nonchalant "it's only $15 a week" starts to get a bit more serious.

If we have to get a second car when I eventually move to the US (come on noa2!), one of the key features I'll be looking for is fuel efficiency, and I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this.

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
This morning was the first time I'd ever paid over $40 for a full tank.

The psychological barrier for me was the magic $50 mark....broken about a year ago (18-gallon gas tank B) )

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The psychological barrier for me was the magic $50 mark....broken about a year ago (18-gallon gas tank B) )

i passed that a long time ago with my truck, especially when i fill up the 5 gallon cans for mowing the yard :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

i passed that a long time ago with my truck, especially when i fill up the 5 gallon cans for mowing the yard :lol:

Well, yeah, I'm over it too. :lol:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
I'm used to high fuel prices in the UK (diesel is the equivalent of $8.63 a US gallon for me at the moment), although this is offset by having a car which is fuel efficient (official figure is 49 mpg, imperial). It's alarming how fast it's rising in the US, though. You're looking at something like 200-300% since 2001? I'm not sure how long people's wallets can sustain that before the slightly nonchalant "it's only $15 a week" starts to get a bit more serious.

If we have to get a second car when I eventually move to the US (come on noa2!), one of the key features I'll be looking for is fuel efficiency, and I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this.

Stu

Hey Stu,

Here's something I'd like to ask you....

You say one offset of high fuel costs in the UK is the fuel efficient vehicles. What about overall usage of the vehicles? Do families fill up the tank less often?

PS - If my memory is correct, gas was approximately $1.29 per gallon at the time of the Trade Center attacks.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It's at times like this I'm glad we didn't buy a big heavy bloated guzzler! Although there are many downsides to a smaller car! I have seen a few big trucks on the side of the road lately with a for sale up in em..

We both fill up at $3.74 as of today which fills our tiny (not all the way empty) tanks for about $35 each. That $35 lasts us the best part of two weeks, we do top off another $10 or so just to squeeze by the second week.

If I remember correctly when I first got here my wife filled up our then only car for about $22 - $24 and that lasted

almost two weeks! The prices here are not quite as bad as they are in Europe, the UK is a very fine example. When it's $8 or $10 a gallon then it's time to panic if your not getting many miles per gallon!

We rented a car when we where back home last year for a visit, we got approx 45MPG (per the manual) and filled up (before the prices went insane) for $72 and it wasn't all the way empty! We obviously filled up on the Southern side of the Irish border as there doesn't appear to be a "gas" petrol station left standing at or near the Northern border anymore thanks to excessive fuel taxes imposed by the Brits.

Edited by aidan80

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Timeline
I filled up my mom's Escalade today and I almost cried because it cost $145

Don't exaggerate, Amby. The standard Escalade has a 26-gallon gas tank,

ESV and EXT - 31 gallons.