Dr. A ♥ O

What are you paying for gas in your region?

289 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

cmartyn--what part of CT are you in? I'm only paying $3.85ish...but I live in the poorest, most forgotten county of CT. And we have NO public transportation whatsoever, no trains besides freight, no buses, no taxis. I fill my car once a week but last week was the first week I paid $40 to fill my tank.

My hubby just picked up a free bike from the side of the road. We use my car for everything because hubby's jeep gets like 10 miles per gallon so he only uses it to go to work and we're looking for a cheaper car but we don't have the money to buy one. My car at least gets 26 mpg, but lately I haven't been going anywhere. Have one job prospect lined up (post office!!!!) but I've been out of work since January so the money is incredibly tight.

Divorced. To hell with him.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Im in Fairfield County. 4.09 is lower fairfield, Up Norf we are paying less, 3.99.

And Metro North is the train that runs around here and takes those willing to get up a 4:00 AM into New York to work.

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Timeline

aha, no stranger to the FC here. lol. I went to Fairfield U. for college, but I grew up and never truly escaped from Windham County. lollllllllll Sometimes it's worth the drive to RI or even Mass. for cheaper gas.

Divorced. To hell with him.

I LOVE BEIN GREEN! Those Caribou are safe and happy.

Do you think if you keep saying that it will be true?

Anyhow,

4.09 & Rising in Connecticut. I hope it goes to five soon. The little airport here is wailing about it. Ha ha.. I love it. Imagine, unsustainable businesses closing who would have thunk it. My company, 5% voluntary layoffs. Banks closing, CITI selling off assets.. Keep yer guns and gold people.

done and done. right now is a bad time to buy gold but a good time to own it.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Filled up at 3.52 / Gallon :wacko:

Just glad I have my Toyota truck 4banger

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I listened to some famous Kenyan astrologist today claiming that on or about May 18th that a great decline in Oil prices will begin and it will end sometime in July with the price settling in the 65.00 range. Then he predicted a great 12 year long bull market in Energy would begin. :-)

I dunno, he als said the dollar was going to 2.00 Euro 1.00 USD = 2.00 E And that the Dow was headed for 42,000 over the next four years. He qualified that with "If Hillary becomes president" I want whatever that dude is smoking.

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
aha, no stranger to the FC here. lol. I went to Fairfield U. for college, but I grew up and never truly escaped from Windham County. lollllllllll Sometimes it's worth the drive to RI or even Mass. for cheaper gas.

I'm a former Litchfield County person ... glad I'm not paying what my friends are for a gallon ... on the other hand ... oh how I miss the good hooch ...

Timeline
In my city (right outside ATL) its $3.55 a gallon... crazyness! :blink: when I first starting driving 10 yrs ago it was $1.15 and I used to fill up my car for $15 ... and those days are over! :o
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline
A man and woman were celebrating their wedding anniversary. The man asked his wife what she wanted. she said "I don't know just take me somewhere expensive". So he dropped her off at the gas station.
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I filled up for $2.65/gal today. :D

did you find some mismarked gas pumps also?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Around $4 and my in-laws are complaining. I just returned from Europe on Friday, a liter of gas in Germany runs at 1.52 Euros, which is 5.74 Euros for a gallon, and with the current exchange rate that equals around $8.90, so I'd say it ain't that bad here... We had gas prices like that years ago... Of course it's terrible, but I feel way worse for my parents who have to commute by car. No chance of public transportation and whopping gas prices!!!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!