Dr. A ♥ O

What are you paying for gas in your region?

289 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Even the NADA standard annual mileage is 12000 per year.

For three years running, living in the suburbs as a one car family, I put 26K each year on my car.

But I bet you have a Jap car that gets better mileage than 20mpg that I used in my estimate.

Fine, so the difference for you is $15/week instead of $10 - still pocket change.

Sorry Mark. I have a Buick Skylark that gets about 21 miles per gallon.

$15 would buy 4 gallons of milk.

And the term 'Jap' is a bit outdated as well as unnecessary.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

when you don't have a alot of dollars to begin with $15 dollars is a lot of money.. like rebecca said.. it could buy 4 gallons of milk..

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
when you don't have a alot of dollars to begin with $15 dollars is a lot of money.. like rebecca said.. it could buy 4 gallons of milk..

$15 is a lot of money? Are you for real?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's up to $3.95 per gallon for the cheap stuff in the Chicago suburbs. I'd hate to see the prices in the heart of the city. If it doesn't get up to at least $4 per gallon by this weekend, I'll be impressed. I wouldn't be at all surprised to be driving home from work today to see it at that price....

05-13-06 - Met at Neo Nightclub in Chicago through a mutual friend.

05-24-06 - First formal date, followed immediately by weekend spent together.

09-07-06 - First trip to the UK. Sick most of the time, loved it anyway. :)

11-21-06 - Alasdair comes in for Thanksgiving.

03-28-07 - Second trip to the UK, flew out to Northern Ireland to meet the parents.

06-12-07 - Alasdair's next visit, we go everywhere and do everything. :)

06-17-07 - We become formally engaged, though it'd been in discussion for months.

07-27-07 - I-129F packet sent to Nebraska Service Center.

07-30-07 - I-129F packet received at Nebraska Service Center and forwarded to California.

08-24-07 - Check finally cashed!

08-25-07 - NOA1 Received!

01-30-08 - NOA2 Finally Received!

03-18-08 - Packet 3 Received!

04-03-08 - Packet 4 Received!

04-28-08 - Interview at 8:30am

Fiance still an idiot, sent wrong doc, still waiting on arrival date.

3052.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Sorry Mark. I have a Buick Skylark that gets about 21 miles per gallon.

$15 would buy 4 gallons of milk.

And the term 'Jap' is a bit outdated as well as unnecessary.

Fair enough, Becca.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

yes I am for real... when you don't have alot of money every dollar counts... 15 dollars is more then just pocket change to us....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

No, it's not a 'lot'. But picture this.....

You get your wages, with health insurance premiums and all taxes withheld.

You pay your mortgage and your car payment. You pay the one credit bill you owe (not the minimum payment but you can't pay off the full balance). You pay all your utilitiy bills. You put back some for real estate taxes, homeowners insurance and auto insurance. You buy monthly medications. You put a little in savings.

After you have done all that, you have $800 to $900 to last the entire month. That's about $225 per week to buy gasoline, buy groceries, go out to a movie, buy a pair of shoes, etc.

Would you mind then if gasoline prices were taking an extra $15 bucks from you at the pump?

Timeline

No, it's not a 'lot'. But picture this.....

You get your wages, with health insurance premiums and all taxes withheld.

You pay your mortgage and your car payment. You pay the one credit bill you owe (not the minimum payment but you can't pay off the full balance). You pay all your utilitiy bills. You put back some for real estate taxes, homeowners insurance and auto insurance. You buy monthly medications. You put a little in savings.

After you have done all that, you have $800 to $900 to last the entire month. That's about $225 per week to buy gasoline, buy groceries, go out to a movie, buy a pair of shoes, etc.

Would you mind then if gasoline prices were taking an extra $15 bucks from you at the pump?

:thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

Yesterday it was $3.97 for premium here. If I drive about 5 miles to Kentucky it's normally 30-40 cents a gallon cheaper.

$15 isn't really a lot of money to me but when you put it how becca did I can understand how it could be a lot.

Edited by Amby

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I remember learning in Egypt that when they throw the peace sign at you it doesn't mean peace. It means they recognize you're American and that most American's have two cars for every house hold. They are giving a sign of two cars for every American. I guess the idea is we're seen as needless wasters since most of them don't own cars, ect...

But yes us college students down here on the bottom rungs of the ladder right now are feeling the squeeze. $15 is a lot of money to us. Especially when we have to spend $500 on books each semester and when we go back to sell them we only get .01% back. Grrr... Gas prices are going up and I imagine that the farmers who plow the fields in the heartland of America are feeling it too. I live in one of these rural regions so I guess that's why it's all the buzz today where I am at. Food prices are already high now imagine farmers can't plow the fields of America to make the foods because of fuel prices.

Its not like food it going to get cheaper importing and exporting foods.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Its about $3.65 or so at the gas station next to my house.

I hardly ever drive, I take the train wherever I need to go. I filled up my tank 2 weeks ago and I probably won't fill it for another 3 weeks or so (only because I plan to do a lot of driving).

I think I put about 3K on my car last year.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline