Dr. A ♥ O

What are you paying for gas in your region?

289 posts in this topic

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I've been considering carpooling to work, but that would save me like $20 a week tops and the more I think about it, the more I think it's not worth it.

Yeah, really.

The average car is driven about 10000 miles a year.

At 20 miles per gallon, it's about 500 gallons per year, or ~10 gallons per week.

Going from $3/gallon to $4/gallon results in an added cost of $10/week, hardly a crisis.

Where?

Even the NADA standard annual mileage is 12000 per year.

For three years running, living in the suburbs as a one car family, I put 26K each year on my car.

I don't know very many people who only put 10K miles per year on a vehicle.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just paid $3.69/gallon this morning. www.gasbuddy.com helps to find the cheapest in your area.

Costs me approx $35 now to fill the tank when the empty light comes on. I don't think it's that bad but then I have a Toyota Matrix, not a huge SUV or a Hummer like my next door neighbor. I can't imagine what it takes to fill his tank.

No real changes in my life due to it. It's not like I do Sunday drives anyways...i.e. all my driving is essential....drive to work, drive to softball practices, etc.

Does anyone remember taking Sunday drives as a family when you were younger? I miss that!!!

The place it's hitting the hardest for me is the oil for my heat. In that respect I've changed so that instead of keeping the heat on 70 I have it set to 67 and throw on another blanket. That bill has gone from $350/monthandahalf to approx $750/monthandahalf. MUCH bigger deal than filling my gas tank to drive. Thank God the higher temps are here!!!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

hmmm, let's see. i drive an average of 125 miles a week, mostly to and from work. occasional trips into town (110 work miles a week, so rounded up to 125). nessa averages about the same. 125 x 52 = 6500 miles.

camaro

@ 25 mpg, 6500 miles a year. 260 gallons. 260 x $3.50 = $910, 260 x $4.50 = $1170, diff of $5 a week

vibe

@ 30 mpg, 6500 miles a year. 216 gallons. 216x $3.50 = $756, 216 x $4.50 = $972, diff of $4.15 a week.

truck really isn't a factor, it averages less than 5k a year.

overall, really not much of an issue is it?

I don't know very many people who only put 10K miles per year on a vehicle.

i'm one...

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Even the NADA standard annual mileage is 12000 per year.

For three years running, living in the suburbs as a one car family, I put 26K each year on my car.

But I bet you have a Jap car that gets better mileage than 20mpg that I used in my estimate.

Fine, so the difference for you is $15/week instead of $10 - still pocket change.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline
It's probably more of an issue for people who have gas guzzlers as their primary vehicles and are stuck in locations/lifestyles that require more than average driving.

sucks to be them, eh?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
It's probably more of an issue for people who have gas guzzlers as their primary vehicles and are stuck in locations/lifestyles that require more than average driving.

sucks to be them, eh?

Not really. I (L) gas guzzlers - they are usually fun to drive. :devil:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Timeline

sucks to be them, eh?

You're not "them". You may own a guzzler but you live in Manhattan (i.e. you're not locked into a lifestyle that requires more than average driving).

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

sucks to be them, eh?

i do enjoy stomping on the truck's gas from time to time :innocent:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

sucks to be them, eh?

You're not "them". You may own a guzzler but you live in Manhattan (i.e. you're not locked into a lifestyle that requires more than average driving).

I know. I need a car to meet clients in NJ and CT, but I drive even less than 10000 miles per year.

I wish it would be more, though.

Timeline
Driving around the tri-state isn't exactly enjoyable, IMHO. I've had this idea for a while, about flying down to the southwest and driving around for a week. That's real driving. Open road, hot sun.

:luv:

Timeline

sucks to be them, eh?

I know. I need a car to meet clients in NJ and CT, but I drive even less than 10000 miles per year.

I wish it would be more, though.

get one of these, just drive over anything in your way.

monster_trucks_housewrecker.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *