sarahaziz

Crazy question for the MENA people

342 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
It's not me who talked to her It's an active member on this board who pmed me to watch out from another one. She was also one of the many members who told me earlier when I came to this forum that you weren't even algerian and you were just desperately trying to tie your irish/american/whatever roots to Algeria some how. I'm flattered. Who knows which country you will expertise and claim they don't know their history or roots next Jordan? Egypt? Syria? Only time can tell ...How much personal information did you post up?? You had a palestinian AND a morroccan ex!! It's probably best not to post personal information from now on. I'm shocked though. I really did not know there were women who jump into different personalities and races online. -_-:huh:

Wow I just got informed via PM to watch out from another woman trying to go into an Arab guise. Shes a member also diagnosed with the "crazies" insanely infatuated with Arabian culture and with an Algerian SO surprisingly. Name starts with an H. This PM just freaked the heck out of me. I can't believe there are actually insane predator type people online on this VJ forum. Wow :o

I can only guess 2 but I didn't think either of them were crazy. Oooooouch! One of the cats just jumped on my back claws and everything!!! Ahhh! WTH!

OUCH

Sarah,

Like I said. Intelligent people dont have to resort to personal attacks. You are not well read. Not very well educated and know next to nothing about your own culture.

I am married to an Algerian and the mother of an Algerian and unknown I have many more ties to Algeria than you will ever know. I will have a son with my husband in 5 months. I have spent 7 years and over 15000 thousand dollars giving back to Algeria all the things its given to me and the reality is while you may be Algerian, you are not well educated nor well read nor do you have even the smallest inkling about your own culture. You are an airhead. Shallow. Young. Immature with no common sense. No one to listen to or be concerned with which is why nothing you post is remotely interesting. Get a personality and read some books and I will check back with you

It's not me who talked to her It's an active member on this board who pmed me to watch out from another one. She was also one of the many members who told me earlier when I came to this forum that you weren't even algerian and you were just desperately trying to tie your irish/american/whatever roots to Algeria some how. I'm flattered. Who knows which country you will expertise and claim they don't know their history or roots next Jordan? Egypt? Syria? Only time can tell ...How much personal information did you post up?? You had a palestinian AND a morroccan ex!! It's probably best not to post personal information from now on. I'm shocked though. I really did not know there were women who jump into different personalities and races online. -_-:huh:

Wow I just got informed via PM to watch out from another woman trying to go into an Arab guise. Shes a member also diagnosed with the "crazies" insanely infatuated with Arabian culture and with an Algerian SO surprisingly. Name starts with an H. This PM just freaked the heck out of me. I can't believe there are actually insane predator type people online on this VJ forum. Wow :o

I can only guess 2 but I didn't think either of them were crazy. Oooooouch! One of the cats just jumped on my back claws and everything!!! Ahhh! WTH!

OUCH

And dont be too flattered. I dont have any admiration for harkis and smagria

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OUCH

In fact.... Ill help you. Everytime I see you post , Ill post some helpful history hint to alleviate the fact that you know next to nothing about your own culture.. Lets start now

OUCH

The bloody years 1988 to 2002

Fratricide in Allahs name

Important historical figures in Algerian history

Women in the Algerian revolution

a very dirty war

Al Qaeda in the magreb

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I nugget of wisdom at last. Let's take a breath and highlight it:

Intelligent people dont have to resort to personal attacks.

Then perhaps the best way to show your own intelligence and your own sense of self is just to stop.

If anyone wants to know about Algerian history there are plenty of reliable sources to be found, but I think we can all agree--those of us interested in Algerian history and those who could give a damn--that the Algerian-off that goes on here informs no one. Nor is it flattering to anyone. So, again, I ask you to stop.

LOL woooowww...that's sad. I stated I never saw a man in Algeria hit his wife, you pour 1038742 negative "experiences" or dreams you've had that happened in Algeria somehow you were there to see all that happen. Couple of people came and told you STFU you're not Algerian and you resort to History lessons again and again after people really don't care. You go to personal attacks so I get personal you don't like it so you drift it away by more history lessons. I post up valuable information to steer clear of another nutcase you make it obvious and probably embaressed the ####### out of her then post some more history up. Hell if a villager was on VJ he'd smack you for being such a nutcase he wouldn't even care about Algeria's history he's just trying to make some money to feed his family. We don't live in history, After Algeria's independence it's pretty cleared off after that and terrorist attacks in the Cities. You're posting up nonsense for nothing. IF you continue this thread will pretty much be you talking with yourself and educating yourself.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

LOL woooowww...that's sad. I stated I never saw a man in Algeria hit his wife, you pour 1038742 negative "experiences" or dreams you've had that happened in Algeria somehow you were there to see all that happen. Couple of people came and told you STFU you're not Algerian and you resort to History lessons again and again after people really don't care. You go to personal attacks so I get personal you don't like it so you drift it away by more history lessons. I post up valuable information to steer clear of another nutcase you make it obvious and probably embaressed the ####### out of her then post some more history up. Hell if a villager was on VJ he'd smack you for being such a nutcase he wouldn't even care about Algeria's history he's just trying to make some money to feed his family. We don't live in history, After Algeria's independence it's pretty cleared off after that and terrorist attacks in the Cities. You're posting up nonsense for nothing. IF you continue this thread will pretty much be you talking with yourself and educating yourself.

Sarah...

Some people in Algeria who are villagers DO CARE about Algerian history. The things I posted are certainly NOT nonsense. They are relevant and important. An uneducated person who majors in shopping and sheesha would call a video about the shaheeds or the genocide by France nonsense. You need history lessons. You need to read books....

A savage war of peace by Alistair Horne

Franz Fanon Wretched of the Earth would be a great start

Anything by Albert Camus...

You are underestimating villiagers. Just because they are poor doesnt mean they are unknowledgable or not interested in history. I think the movies are interesting

Who is your favorite Algerian author Sarah and how many books have you read in the last 2 years about Algeria or authored by Algerians? What Algerian historical figures are inspiring to you and why? How many places have you travelled to in Algeria and where did you visit? I d be interested to know since you think that no one else on the boards is interested in history or would benefit from discussion of it or the literature of Algeria..

I am very very curious about the answers to these questions. They will tell alot about you...

My aim was for you to stop bad mouthing Algeria and that it wasn't acceptable to say it's where Christians and Jews couldn't walk around, where men are constantly beating wives in public, I'm a loose girl if I've worn western clothes. You've down casted yourself actually by calling me an immigrant to this country, uneducated, a girl who sleeps around yet has only been married once and kept the same man around for 4 years vs a woman who has been thru 2 MENA men previously, I bring up my age because you're so much older with kids and you still find reasons to pester me around the boards. You're not my mother and thank God no way connected to me. It's so pathetic and I really think you are a sick person. You should seek help. I'd understand you badmouthing someone equal in your age but no one has taught you respect or morals. If you had intelligence and morals you wouldn't run around an online thread calling people 1/2 your age prostitutes.

Sarah...

Some people in Algeria who are villagers DO CARE about Algerian history. The things I posted are certainly NOT nonsense. They are relevant and important. An uneducated person who majors in shopping and sheesha would call a video about the shaheeds or the genocide by France nonsense. You need history lessons. You need to read books....

You are underestimating villiagers. Just because they are poor doesnt mean they are unknowledgable or not interested in history. I think the movies are interesting

Who is your favorite Algerian author Sarah and how many books have you read in the last 2 years about Algeria or authored by Algerians? What Algerian historical figures are inspiring to you and why? How many places have you travelled to in Algeria and where did you visit? I d be interested to know since you think that no one else on the boards is interested in history or would benefit from discussion of it or the literature of Algeria..

I am very very curious about the answers to these questions. They will tell alot about you...

Ok switch places, how about you? How many books on American culture do you read up on? How many American activities do you follow up on? How many marriages b/t American and American do you downcast on? What do you know about yourself? Your TRUE self? Why don't you teach your 1/2 algerian his other half of race? Why do you feel the need to call yourself Wahrania why don't you use a true American identity ? What American figures do you admire? 3rd world countries (esp Middle East) will always have war poverty and bloodshed that's not something to point out every 3 minutes like a buffoon. If any women asked with good intentions about Algeria and where I've visited I'd give vibrant answers. Why do you care so much about my knowledge or experience ? What's wrong with you. You are sick!

My aim was for you to stop bad mouthing Algeria and that it wasn't acceptable to say it's where Christians and Jews couldn't walk around, where men are constantly beating wives in public, I'm a loose girl if I've worn western clothes. You've down casted yourself actually by calling me an immigrant to this country, uneducated, a girl who sleeps around yet has only been married once and kept the same man around for 4 years vs a woman who has been thru 2 MENA men previously, I bring up my age because you're so much older with kids and you still find reasons to pester me around the boards. You're not my mother and thank God no way connected to me. It's so pathetic and I really think you are a sick person. You should seek help. I'd understand you badmouthing someone equal in your age but no one has taught you respect or morals. If you had intelligence and morals you wouldn't run around an online thread calling people 1/2 your age prostitutes.

Do you know anything at all about the expulsion of nearly half a million jews after the Algerian revolution? There used to be hundreds of thousands of Jews living in Algeria. This is why you need to read more about your country. Are you aware that in April 19 churches were shut down and an American head of the methodist church who had been there for years and years and was stabbed last year in Algiers was recently expelled? You cannot obtain an Algerian visa if you have an israeli stamp in your passport. I have never said you slept around. I said you needed to read more. Your age has never been an issue to me. I don't look at how old a person is. I look at their character. You again know extremely little about your own culture. Just because you didnt see something happen doesnt mean it didnt happen.

This is why I am curious to see where exactly you have travelled in Algeria and how much reading, research or education you have availed yourself of. I am curious as to what authors you have read. Who you look up to as far as historical figures. What museums you have visited in Algeria, etc.

I just am curious as to what background you have education wise. It would explain alot of your aggressiveness. If you really havent ever picked up books or really tried to read up, then that would explain your complete lack of interest in it

Sarah...

Ok switch places, how about you? How many books on American culture do you read up on? How many American activities do you follow up on? How many marriages b/t American and American do you downcast on? What do you know about yourself? Your TRUE self? Why don't you teach your 1/2 algerian his other half of race? Why do you feel the need to call yourself Wahrania why don't you use a true American identity ? What American figures do you admire? 3rd world countries (esp Middle East) will always have war poverty and bloodshed that's not something to point out every 3 minutes like a buffoon. If any women asked with good intentions about Algeria and where I've visited I'd give vibrant answers. Why do you care so much about my knowledge or experience ? What's wrong with you. You are sick!

To answer your question, I have a bachelors degree in History and I read every day. My favorite subjects of late are Viola Liuzzo and the Selma Experience (1965). I love contemporary history. I like art history. I majored in World History although I am partial to the 1800s and early 1900s

Your answers do not need to be vibrant. Just be honest. If all you did in Algeria was shop and drive by the beach, say so.

I admire many of the people from the civil rights movement. I love American Art (some of my favorite painters like FA BRIDGEMAN actually travelled to Algeria in the 1890s and painted there. I like all types of writes from Ann Rule to Noam Chomsky to Dorothy Parker. I love to travel all over the USA and have lived in several states as well as Europe and the mediterranean.

I chose wahrania because I thought it sounded cute. It wasnt a political statement.

So what books have you read lately or even in the last 2 years about Algerian history? Who are your favorite historical figures in Algerian history and why?

lol....wahrania you can't be serious.

I'm young it doesn't mean I'm stupid! What else do you do with your family overseas? Communicate, picnics, shopping, visit places and other 100 family members across the country. it's my life since I was a child. You can't be serious lol like seriously you are one messed up character. Traveling back home does not mean I have to write up a report and fax it to you .

I didn't say those things didn't happen. I first stated I didn't SEE those happening and it was DISGUSTING BEHAVIOR of a MAN if he DID DO that. If you like reading you should understand what I WROTE UP THE FIRST TIME to avoid this mess you've created.

Edited by sarahaziz

Every other woman on this board has gone to their SO's country just to be with their husbands, shopping, visit family not READ freaking books or study and write up reports about the country. Are you insulting the rest of the people on this board who are jordanian, egyptian, syrian , etc and don't get interested in reading about their country as you do !?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Every other woman on this board has gone to their SO's country just to be with their husbands, shopping, visit family not READ freaking books or study and write up reports about the country.

:lol: So true. Books are great and all but not everyone here has an obsession with MENA culture. I married a man, not a country. That's just my own personal view on it though...

Every other woman on this board has gone to their SO's country just to be with their husbands, shopping, visit family not READ freaking books or study and write up reports about the country. Are you insulting the rest of the people on this board who are jordanian, egyptian, syrian , etc and don't get interested in reading about their country as you do !?

Im not insulting ANYONE on the board. I like EVERYONE here...even those I disagree with. I am just a little a different in that I knew the country BEFORE I met my husband. I met him in Algeria while I was working on something . I am not every other woman here. I m similar in that I have struggled with the visa process.... now pregnant waiting for my husband... You do not have to bring every other woman into this. You have no idea what interest other people had in their husband's culture before they met their spouse. I just asked what books you read. You responded with "freaking books" so Ill interpret that as "none" and just stop asking.

I think you are belittling the other woman by saying everyone else went to the SO 's country to just be with their spouses. As I recall, there are women who met their husbands while on trips, architectural digs, college exchanges, etc. So I guess some of them read books too. Fascinating. By the way, my husbands uncle from Bousfer dropped out of school in the 3rd grade but I never met anyone who knew more about Tlecen and Sidi Boumediene and the history of the sufis and the Moroccan Dynastic culture in western Algeria than him. He is an amazing person. He often did not have very much money but he was obsessed with history, took his children ( all 7 of them) on taxi rides to Mansoura, the ancient tower in Tlemcen and exposed them to every single cultural thing imaginable. Hes one of those villagers you mentioned. Amazing person

Every other woman on this board has gone to their SO's country just to be with their husbands, shopping, visit family not READ freaking books or study and write up reports about the country.

:lol: So true. Books are great and all but not everyone here has an obsession with MENA culture. I married a man, not a country. That's just my own personal view on it though...

Yep. And I don't know very much about many aspects of life in many of the countries discussed on this board. I have spent extensive time in Algeria and Tunisia but I dont know a thing about Egyptian history other than a few aspects of the 1800s and of course the whole pyramid thing. I wish I knew lots about all the dynastic history of Morocco.... I read everything I can.

But then again as Sarah said, I am just a blob that sits in front of a computer. What do I know?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.