N360

White Slips for CR1/IR1?

24 posts in this topic

Like I said they do it randomly, but there are just alot of K1 applicants than CR-1/IR-1..

CR/IR-1 is a long route... But its worth the wait..

Erick, any relations to the Macapagals of Lubao? ;-).

Yes... They use to visit us back when Cielo Macapagal was a Congresswoman..

Now that the sister is the President of the Philippines their in denial of our existence..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Tru dat. I was thinking the same. Aren't NSO documents, verified and certified documents? Thats why they're on NSO security papers. :rofl:

No, what I mean is the whole CR/IR-1 NVC process where the Petitioner sends the NSO documents on top of the DS-230, if you fail to send the non NSO documents they will return it to you and will not accept any documents other than NSO original.

See I asked an NVC customer service why it has to be original? Doesn't the beneficiary bring the originals on the Interview day?

NVC CS said they verify them here in the US.

That is why the NVC CS lady was mad at me when I was forcing to tell her that there is this process in the Philippines USEM called Document Verification where we had to pay for USEM to request verification for our documents..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

my interview is in may 13...

had my medical april 16-17... they only need the appointment letter, 2x2 pictures about 3-4 pics, passport and payment...

for the interview

appointment letter

nso copy of birth certificate and marriage certificate

nbi clearance

DS-230

visa photos 2x2

copy of i-864

2007 itr

letter of employment

w2 for 2007

proof of relationship

pictures... who, where and when

chatlogs

emails

ecards

phonebills

money transfer reciepts

secondary proof of identity

school records (transcript of record, diploma)

college id

voters id

postal id

identity of the petitioner

birth certificate of hubby

photocopy of pasprot with stamped pages

company id

thats all i am going to bring to the interview on tuesday... any suggestions on what else to bring would be welcome... :D

27. What other people think of you is none of your business.

Newton's third law of motion "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

a guess ? agent "jenny' from nvc i toked to says my packet wasmailed on this date and just tried researching using EXP 29 APR 2008A showed one category for philippines ;) hahah =) done advance chest xray i know that it wont be used in slec though just to be sure well i hope they wont find nothing tomorrow on my xray ...asked my sisters to checked there mailbox still no packets...even from my attorney...what should we prepare now since the big day is coming :

any idea or suggestions to prepare on the interview? thanks

Start organizing your proofs...

Check your NBI if its up to date, Check your NSO Documents if they have any incorrect or misspelled entry..

Gather the family pics, love letters, etc..

A must CRBA of your kid and passport or documents to prove its pending..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Like I said they do it randomly, but there are just alot of K1 applicants than CR-1/IR-1..

CR/IR-1 is a long route... But its worth the wait..

Erick, any relations to the Macapagals of Lubao? ;-).

Yes... They use to visit us back when Cielo Macapagal was a Congresswoman..

Now that the sister is the President of the Philippines their in denial of our existence..

My family (Chingcuangco) is from Guagua and Lubao. We're not related but our families used to have pretty close relations.

My grandpa worked with Diosdado from his gov days all the way to malacanang. He was also my dad's godfather

We've been in the states now for 22 years so we've lost touch with the Macapagals too.

My dad speaks very fondly of the father. Not so much for the one sitting now. :whistle:

We all know that the process for CR1/IR1 at the NVC level is considerable different that K1 and K3s.

NVC ask and gathers tons of documents (marriage certificate, birth certificate, AOS, etc.) before they even get to the embassy in Manila. As oppose to the K1 and K3s where, it almost skips NVC then the US embassy in Manila gathers the rest of the documents.

My question is, does anyone here "know" of a CR1/IR1 case that have been put on AR (white slips) due to document verification?

Hi! My petition is IR-1. Had my interview last May 16....

CONSUL: "...everything seem to be ok. we are just waiting to receive one document and you're on your way..."

On the releasing section of the embassy, i was given the white slip and asked to pay delbros for document verification.

I did pay early on, April 16 to be exact and when I checked with delbros, the request for documents were forwarded to the NSO last May 5. Unfortunately, until now, the requested documents are not yet with the embassy....

Hope this will not cause a long delay the issuance of my visa...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
We all know that the process for CR1/IR1 at the NVC level is considerable different that K1 and K3s.

NVC ask and gathers tons of documents (marriage certificate, birth certificate, AOS, etc.) before they even get to the embassy in Manila. As oppose to the K1 and K3s where, it almost skips NVC then the US embassy in Manila gathers the rest of the documents.

My question is, does anyone here "know" of a CR1/IR1 case that have been put on AR (white slips) due to document verification?

Here is the deal on the Philippines document review, from calling and reading multiple posts.

K1/K3 Visa your main review is done with the US Embassy. As soon as you get your interview date pay your Delbros document fee, get the verification that is done and out of the way.

CR-1/IR-1 you have two reviews, one done by the NVC, the second by the US Embassy. The NVC tries to get all the paperwork in order so when they complete your case they forward it to US Embassy and they schedule your interview date. Your documents may all be in order and when the Embassy receives them they will check them out just as they do with the K1/K3 Visas. This is where the white slips can pop up. Two people are looking at the same documents one may see something the other did not. So while your CR-1/IR-1 may pass through the NVC, just like the K1/K3 Visas, they all must pass the test in the US Embassy since for all categories they are the ones giving you the visa.

I am getting the feeling,( I haven't been able to verify it yet, since it is internal to the document review section in the Embassy) that if the document review section recieves your paperwork and everything is ok, then you are done, there would be no need for the Delbros fee, or document review. If something needs to be verified then they check to see if the doucment verification fee has been paid and then send out a request to the NSO for documents. If they don't have the fee, they set it off to the side. Now this is where I have seen people run into issues; they have paid the fee early and arrive for the interview and get white slipped.

It all seems to be a timing issue, getting your paperwork to the US Embassy and if they need documents reviewed that they have the Delbros fee on hand. The key seems to pay the fee upfront as soon as you can. It doesn't guarntee that something won't come up, or that they will work your paperwork prior to your interview, but it pushing the odd in your favor.

Chris from Seattle.

Good Work Chris for a fine research of what's been going on with this Document Verification process..

I totally agree with you.. It is such an open minded comment.. I like that..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.