68 posts in this topic

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

congrats sandy!!! Jackie, how are u doin after your accident yesterday? kelly that baby is so adorable.

My son announced to me yesterday that he is playing daddy to this little guy that belongs to his g/f. So i don't have to be jealous of all you new moms, i can proudly say, I have an adopted grandson. When i feel better i will get pics to show you. He is a special needs baby (almost 1) but adorable.

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-16

129F NOA1 : 2007-03-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-07-30

Interview Date : 2007-09-06

Visa Received : 2007-09-17

US Entry : 2007-10-15

Marriage : 2007-10-20

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Bio. Appt. : 2007-12-21

Interview Date : 2008-03-12

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-04-02

Approved : Yes

Greencard Received: 2008-04-13

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Approved Date : 2008-01-28

Date Card Received : 2008-02-01

Filed: Timeline

I'm reading about all of your allergy problems and finding it amazing that this year mine are under control without medicine. I do put in eye drops in the morning and at night, but that's it. One thing that is helping immensely is something I learned watching Abdel in the shower. He does this thing that I think is part of the Muslim washing routine, where he puts water in his hands and holds it up to his nose and sucks it up his nose, then blows it out and repeats several times. I'm just starting to get used to deliberately getting water up my nose without feeling like I'm drowning, and it has been helping keep my sinused cleaned out and keep them from getting all dried out from the AC. In the past when I would wake up with my sinuses clicking during the night (if you have allergies you know what I'm talking about) I would take allergy medicine, but now I just go in the bathroom and do the water thing and I feel fine.

I've also started walking an extra mile a day (for a total of about 2 miles a day now) and even though I haven't lost much weight, the exercise and fresh air has also helped with reducing my allergies.

I'm really surprised my allergies are under control without medication since I've had them for about 30 years. I really don't know what has worked. The only other thing I can think of is that I cook with hot peppers much of the time. I don't even taste hot very easily any more. We were at a Mexican restaurant the other night and I offered the jalapeno poppers we had ordered to someone else at the table with the comment - "they aren't even hot - they taste like bell peppers." Abdel looked at me and then at the other person and told me that they were actually quite hot. So maybe I've just burned all of the sensitivity out of my entire sinus system. The only way I even know that the peppers I cook with are hot now is when I take out my contact lenses and my fingers burn my eyes, and when I put my contacts back in the next morning and they are still burning.

I feel for all of you who are experiencing allergies this year. I hope it gets better soon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

regarding the fresh air....that's the opposite of what i'm supposed to be doing per the doc. I'm supposed to stay indoors with the a/c on AND once I get in from being outside, like at a softball game, i'm to immediately take a shower since the pollen in the air sticks to your clothes and face and hair. The beach though is ok to walk I guess since nothing's blooming in the water.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

I do not have allergies issues, thank God, but I have noticed that the water up the nose thing has helped me during the winter...a lot. Usually I get really dry with the heat on at home but since I've been washing out my nose (like you described) I'm not nearly as dry.

I'm reading about all of your allergy problems and finding it amazing that this year mine are under control without medicine. I do put in eye drops in the morning and at night, but that's it. One thing that is helping immensely is something I learned watching Abdel in the shower. He does this thing that I think is part of the Muslim washing routine, where he puts water in his hands and holds it up to his nose and sucks it up his nose, then blows it out and repeats several times. I'm just starting to get used to deliberately getting water up my nose without feeling like I'm drowning, and it has been helping keep my sinused cleaned out and keep them from getting all dried out from the AC. In the past when I would wake up with my sinuses clicking during the night (if you have allergies you know what I'm talking about) I would take allergy medicine, but now I just go in the bathroom and do the water thing and I feel fine.

I've also started walking an extra mile a day (for a total of about 2 miles a day now) and even though I haven't lost much weight, the exercise and fresh air has also helped with reducing my allergies.

I'm really surprised my allergies are under control without medication since I've had them for about 30 years. I really don't know what has worked. The only other thing I can think of is that I cook with hot peppers much of the time. I don't even taste hot very easily any more. We were at a Mexican restaurant the other night and I offered the jalapeno poppers we had ordered to someone else at the table with the comment - "they aren't even hot - they taste like bell peppers." Abdel looked at me and then at the other person and told me that they were actually quite hot. So maybe I've just burned all of the sensitivity out of my entire sinus system. The only way I even know that the peppers I cook with are hot now is when I take out my contact lenses and my fingers burn my eyes, and when I put my contacts back in the next morning and they are still burning.

I feel for all of you who are experiencing allergies this year. I hope it gets better soon.

I will drive to work today on a donut. My new wheel will not be ready until tommorrow and I must get to work today. I pray it holds up til I get home safely tonight. They are good for 40 miles..and I am sure I have over 80 miles on it and putting another 50 on today.

Hope you all have a good day. My work has called repeatedly about an issue they should be handling themselves. grrrrrr 588-2300 Empire.....I soooo need to change jobs.

Biometrics are done and dusted. I repaid the fees to USCIS and we are back in processing mode. Next comes either an RFE or an interview date for AOS.

I am medicated and back feeling 'even'. Not super highs, and definately no super lows. Mellow Jackie,,,that is what I am.

Jackie

Happy Thursday!

I am sorry so many of you are suffering with allergies and other health related issues. I hope you find some relif soon. (L)

Nagi, I am so happy about the car......Wooooo Hoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone and to let you know that Jack and I were married yesterday. :D

Have a good Thursday and yea for Friday! lol

yayyyyyyy sandy!!! mabrookulations!!!!

good girl jackie. keep it up this time and if u wanna go off of it, go off of it in increments like I talked about before. the medicine mama has her eyes on u... :ph34r:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

Ok I need a certain type of leb 'cause we're running out. :crying: We checked our arabic stores that we know of and although they have one kind we like they don't have the other kind. Anyone know of an arabic or middle eastern food store online I can check? :unsure:

JP has urs convinced u that donuts are allowed at any time of day or night and in any quantity u wish? hows urs doing?

(F) amal (F)

Well donuts have been the last thing on my mind lately. I have a terrible infection in my bladder and after taking a course of antibiotics it has not gotten any better. Sooooo, they admitted me into the hospital last Saturday and I stayed there unitl Sunday night. They put me on IV meds which have been working so far, but I'm on home IV therapy which means I have this 8 inch catheter in my arm and I have to inject meds into my arm 3 times a day. Well last night, it got infected...so back to the Dr. They finally got things fixed about an hour ago and released me.

So to answer your question...I think I need a shot of tequila and not a donut. :lol:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline
JP has urs convinced u that donuts are allowed at any time of day or night and in any quantity u wish? hows urs doing?

(F) amal (F)

Well donuts have been the last thing on my mind lately. I have a terrible infection in my bladder and after taking a course of antibiotics it has not gotten any better. Sooooo, they admitted me into the hospital last Saturday and I stayed there unitl Sunday night. They put me on IV meds which have been working so far, but I'm on home IV therapy which means I have this 8 inch catheter in my arm and I have to inject meds into my arm 3 times a day. Well last night, it got infected...so back to the Dr. They finally got things fixed about an hour ago and released me.

So to answer your question...I think I need a shot of tequila and not a donut. :lol:

oh wow I'm glad they got it squared away but that sucks to have to have an iv in you!!!! (F)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh My Goodness, Sandy!! Girl, I am more than happy for you both! Congratulations!!

BTW, I think Im jealous again.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.