3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all!

I just came in from the CS' office. I waited for about 3 hrs for me to be called in to see the doctor. To give you a background of the status of my application, I received a 2nd RFE, this time for a "properly completed" I-693, in April, asking for evidence for a chest xray and/or TB test report (which was actually submitted before in response to the 1st RFE). BEfore putting it in an envelope, CS asked me to-recheck everything for me to make sure it's complete (probably coz she asked me to pay $50 to "re-do" my I-693). I went through it, asked a few questions, and "approved" it. Then they sealed the envelope which was an enclosed return envelope that in with my RFE notice.

I got home, re-checked, and.... there it was, an error with my treatment dates. IT should be Aug 25-Feb 25. The date on the I-693 I picked up is 2 months short. OCt. 25 to Feb 25.

I need to have it revised by the CS, but the USCIS-provided envelope is signed by the doctor , sealed- stapled. WHat should I do to make it "acceptable" to USCIS, to convince them I did not tamper the results?

I would appreciate all your ideas... just when I thought this would soon be over.... :help:

AOS Timeline:

12/10/2004 - Filed AOS to Newark

9/27/2005 - Case transferred to CSC

12/2/2005 - Notice Date of RFE for Medical

2/1/2006 - Sent back Medical RFE docs to CSC

2/2 - CSC received RFE docs

2/7 - "Touched"

2/8 - "Touched"

3/9 - "Touched"

3/10 - "Touched"

4/20 - Another Medical RFE for properly filled out I-693

5/10 - sent out RFE docs

5/19 - case APPROVED!!!!

5/26 - "error-free" Green Card in the mail!

Application to Lift Conditions February 19, 2008

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi all!

I just came in from the CS' office. I waited for about 3 hrs for me to be called in to see the doctor. To give you a background of the status of my application, I received a 2nd RFE, this time for a "properly completed" I-693, in April, asking for evidence for a chest xray and/or TB test report (which was actually submitted before in response to the 1st RFE). BEfore putting it in an envelope, CS asked me to-recheck everything for me to make sure it's complete (probably coz she asked me to pay $50 to "re-do" my I-693). I went through it, asked a few questions, and "approved" it. Then they sealed the envelope which was an enclosed return envelope that in with my RFE notice.

I got home, re-checked, and.... there it was, an error with my treatment dates. IT should be Aug 25-Feb 25. The date on the I-693 I picked up is 2 months short. OCt. 25 to Feb 25.

I need to have it revised by the CS, but the USCIS-provided envelope is signed by the doctor , sealed- stapled. WHat should I do to make it "acceptable" to USCIS, to convince them I did not tamper the results?

I would appreciate all your ideas... just when I thought this would soon be over.... :help:

I think you should go back to the Civil Surgeon's office, ask them to correct the error and write a short letter explaining the situation. Then, they should reseal and initial the envelope. This should (hopefully) be acceptable to the USCIS. Or you could always set up an infopass appointment with the USCIS, explain the situation, and ask for a new envelope. :yes:

Good luck, and keep us updated! :luv:

Edited by jelti

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, Jelti.

Thank yo very much for the input!!!

I think that's a very good idea - to make an infopass appointment. I never did that before, but I would look it up in their site.

Thank you!!!

AOS Timeline:

12/10/2004 - Filed AOS to Newark

9/27/2005 - Case transferred to CSC

12/2/2005 - Notice Date of RFE for Medical

2/1/2006 - Sent back Medical RFE docs to CSC

2/2 - CSC received RFE docs

2/7 - "Touched"

2/8 - "Touched"

3/9 - "Touched"

3/10 - "Touched"

4/20 - Another Medical RFE for properly filled out I-693

5/10 - sent out RFE docs

5/19 - case APPROVED!!!!

5/26 - "error-free" Green Card in the mail!

Application to Lift Conditions February 19, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.