Kimberlyanne

TODAY IS THE 2ND INTERVIEW FOR MY FIANCE

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I dont know your case or details but i wouldnt hurry this decision, sometimes there are things that can be done to change the outcome of a first denial

we have weighhed all options , this is the last resort. something else happenned in germany thats on his police document but that was 8 yrs ago , my husband has never done drugs but he was in a vehicle with friends that 1 was in possession of marijuana ,, thats another thing on his police report , so we have made the decision that we are going to marry there in morocco , and then do the visa process again in 2-3 years when he will possibly be eligible again .....insha allah . but he is a wonderful man with a kind heart , and he cant change what happenned 8 yrs ago , so we must sacrifice to be together . i didnt mean to go into detail regardding the incident in germany , i only wantted to make it clear . thx again

kimberly anne stewart

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I dont know your case or details but i wouldnt hurry this decision, sometimes there are things that can be done to change the outcome of a first denial

Oh, KimberlyAnne, i'm so sorry to hear this news! (F)(F)(F) But i am inspired by your strength and matter-of-factness, and of course, knowledge is power... at least you KNOW something now, and you can make decisions based on this...

i do, however, agree with the rest of the bunch. Are you sure you just want to up and move to Morocco? You can still overturn this decision, especially if it is just the case of a misplaced waiver.

Also, i do believe, (please someone correct me if i'm wrong), that if you are denied, you need to address the denial in some written form before you let the K-1 petition expire? i believe you need to address the denial, so if, some day in the furture, you decide to re-petition with a K3 or CR visa, you will not be denied again. Has anyone else heard of this, and if so, can you help elaborate because i'm not explaining right? :wacko:

Whatever you decide, i wish you the best of luck. Stay strong. Inchallah, everything will work out for you and your habeeb.

M3 asalaama,

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline

Oh, KimberlyAnne, i'm so sorry to hear this news! (F)(F)(F) But i am inspired by your strength and matter-of-factness, and of course, knowledge is power... at least you KNOW something now, and you can make decisions based on this...

i do, however, agree with the rest of the bunch. Are you sure you just want to up and move to Morocco? You can still overturn this decision, especially if it is just the case of a misplaced waiver.

Also, i do believe, (please someone correct me if i'm wrong), that if you are denied, you need to address the denial in some written form before you let the K-1 petition expire? i believe you need to address the denial, so if, some day in the furture, you decide to re-petition with a K3 or CR visa, you will not be denied again. Has anyone else heard of this, and if so, can you help elaborate because i'm not explaining right? :wacko:

Whatever you decide, i wish you the best of luck. Stay strong. Inchallah, everything will work out for you and your habeeb.

M3 asalaama,

hz

salam , and tysm for your wonderful reply i am a muslimah , subhan allah ,, and i will be strong knowwing that this is my destiny . i only wish the best for you and all others ..........beslama

kimberly anne stewart

Filed: Timeline

we have weighhed all options , this is the last resort. something else happenned in germany thats on his police document but that was 8 yrs ago , my husband has never done drugs but he was in a vehicle with friends that 1 was in possession of marijuana ,, thats another thing on his police report , so we have made the decision that we are going to marry there in morocco , and then do the visa process again in 2-3 years when he will possibly be eligible again .....insha allah . but he is a wonderful man with a kind heart , and he cant change what happenned 8 yrs ago , so we must sacrifice to be together . i didnt mean to go into detail regardding the incident in germany , i only wantted to make it clear . thx again

I wish you peace with your decision. You don't have to say goodbye to your daughters, just see you later. You can visit and they can visit, so it is not goodbye. It will be hard on everyone and a big adjustment, but you can make it work.

As to your husband's situation, under current laws any drug related conviction with the exception of a single conviction for possession of less than 30 grams of marijuana is not waivable for an immigrant visa. There is no waiver and it is a permanent inadmissibility.

If it falls within that exception, he would be eligible to file a waiver NOW, no need to wait. If it does not fall within that exception, without a change in the law, he would never be issued an immigrant visa but he could potentially receive a non-immigrant (like B2) with a waiver (212(d)(3)/ I-192). That would require him proving he did not have immigrant intent and showing ties to his country.

I am not aware of any case where a deportation from a foreign country would require a 10 year wait for a US visa. More likely, it is the drug related incident, which I am assuming resulted in a conviction of some kind appearing on his record, that is causing the problem.

Beyond that, the work American Families United is doing with lobby efforts in Congress to change the way waivers are handled for spouses of citizens and LPRs would help, once we get it passed. If you are interested in helping that effort, check out www.americanfamiliesunited.org.

I with you luck and happiness in whatever road you choose.

Support Family Unity- www.americanfamiliesunited.org. Become a member today!

Timeline

I wish you peace with your decision. You don't have to say goodbye to your daughters, just see you later. You can visit and they can visit, so it is not goodbye. It will be hard on everyone and a big adjustment, but you can make it work.

As to your husband's situation, under current laws any drug related conviction with the exception of a single conviction for possession of less than 30 grams of marijuana is not waivable for an immigrant visa. There is no waiver and it is a permanent inadmissibility.

If it falls within that exception, he would be eligible to file a waiver NOW, no need to wait. If it does not fall within that exception, without a change in the law, he would never be issued an immigrant visa but he could potentially receive a non-immigrant (like B2) with a waiver (212(d)(3)/ I-192). That would require him proving he did not have immigrant intent and showing ties to his country.

I am not aware of any case where a deportation from a foreign country would require a 10 year wait for a US visa. More likely, it is the drug related incident, which I am assuming resulted in a conviction of some kind appearing on his record, that is causing the problem.

Beyond that, the work American Families United is doing with lobby efforts in Congress to change the way waivers are handled for spouses of citizens and LPRs would help, once we get it passed. If you are interested in helping that effort, check out www.americanfamiliesunited.org.

I with you luck and happiness in whatever road you choose.

salam allaikum ,,, i tysm for the information you sent me , it helps tremendously . alhamdolillah .... also it was a very small amount and not on his possession but on the possession of 1 of the friends in the car . but , they chargged all 3 of them with it . he did mention to me as readding the letter about the 212, so i know that you know what your talkking about . plz keep my email address lhoussine_kimberly@yahoo.com , and lets add 1 another , as i will b leavving to morocco mid-july or 1st week of augaust.my passport was stollen so i have to go tomorrow for a new 1 , and tie up my personal matters here in USA . my daughter is doing much better for now . and they will also be able to call me and see me by cam and computer . my fiance has computer and internet in the home . they have a nice home for where the village he lives in is . its in khemisset morocco . it will only be , him ,. his mother , and i , in a 5 bedroom home. my husband wants me to bring all my documents there with me , so we can marry there and wait to do the cr-1 or the k-3, if for any reason this applying for waiver dont work . insha allah it might.....i emailled him what u wrote , and im sure he will start the process NOW .....plz keep in contact with me as im here and in morocco once i leave , insha allah .... shukran bezaf ....thx alot , beslama , bye

kimberly anne stewart

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It really sounds like normal processing, and the fact that they kept his passport is a good sign. My husband had to return with some additoinal paperwork too, but they kept his passport at his interview. (he only had one interview, when he handed in the additional papers, he was called in a few days) Be patient. It sounds promising to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.