MelindaandTarek

It's Tuesday!!!!

103 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Thanks for the tips and the links - I'll look into it. :thumbs: Having more space is one of the reasons why I fantasize about moving out from NY - but so far it's just a fantasy - I guess I don't want it bad enough to make it happen.

One day, one day.... :whistle: :whistle:

Well, feel free to PM me about it or ask if you have any questions! I am sure AMmar would lvoe to switch places with you in a heartbeat-- he loves cities :)

Last year I tried to grow it from seeds and the poor little sprouts got to be about 2 inches and died.

sounds like my EX

I will try again this year. The seeds are now in the little seedling dirt pellet things in the window. Also in my window are tomatoes and cucumbers. Still too cold here to plant in the ground.

You may want to start from a plant. Mint is one of those things that is actually propegated by cutting and not by seed-- seed gives an unrelaible result in flavor. That said, I have mint seeds lol.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

good morning everyone

all is good here . i have wonderful time with my wife and baby . i just waiting to file for SSN and i already get EAD from jfk. and will start to look for job soon . would i be able to work be4 i get SSN or i have to wait it?

have wonderful day everyone

GOOOOD MORNING ERRBODY!

Aww my husband e-mailed be that song "Don't worry, Be Happy," seriously cracked me up

I hope everyone is goin well!

Congratulations on the new visas!

Its so funny...I was just looking at little potted herbs yesterday at the grocery store, I think I'll get one too.

Tammy :luv:

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
You may want to start from a plant. Mint is one of those things that is actually propegated by cutting and not by seed-- seed gives an unrelaible result in flavor. That said, I have mint seeds lol.

Indeed! I bought 3 mint plants from our local farmer's market a year & 1/2 ago and have a lovely flower bed full of mint that we use for tea every day. I put it in a raised flower bed so it wouldn't take over everywhere. The only other plant that shares that space is my huge rosemary bush.

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ayesha i agree so much with you on the driving!!!!!

Its hard to believe Mohamed has been here for 1 week!

Im praying for everyone waiting for there visa! InshaAllah

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!! Kelley I love the picture of baby Zaid!! He is so so cute! :star:

Edited by mohamedandmelinda

Tasha and Amal, when nothing can be agreed upon to cook....He gets a plate of eggs and hummus, olives, etc...throw a few pitas in the oven and bam....dinner is served.....try that

Yum! One of our favorite meals! I just put out whatever I have in the pantry!

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
good morning everyone

all is good here . i have wonderful time with my wife and baby . i just waiting to file for SSN and i already get EAD from jfk. and will start to look for job soon . would i be able to work be4 i get SSN or i have to wait it?

I think you have to wait for the SS number but I also think that you get it that same day that you apply, though who knows since we're not there yet unfortunately.

ok, so he wanted to drive and i let him...

I have no words to describe the moment :girlwerewolf2xn:

my blood pressure must still be very high

My husband has the written test info down I think so our time for driving together is coming soon. The other day I'm driving on a two way street with only one lane each side and he wants to know why I can't pass all the cars since "there's room right over there!". I had a hard time explaining that we don't just plow through whatever space we see to get to where we're going like they do in Egypt!!!! It is confusing though 'cause even as I was explaining that someone passed us on the right to make a right hand turn so of course he's like, "they just did it!!!"

:wacko:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Our disagreements over food aren't over what TO cook. Its HOW its cooked and the ingredients within the dish that cause the issues. I won't go into detail coz thats personal and I don't think he'd appreciate me discussing his personal eating habits but it is frustrating for us both.

We do the zait/zaatar/ labneh/eggs/cheese/hot sauce thing once-in-a-while and it goes over well but he prefers it for breakfast.

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I really have a lot more coming to me than I was ready for, don't I?

LOL

:unsure:

good morning everyone

I think you have to wait for the SS number but I also think that you get it that same day that you apply, though who knows since we're not there yet unfortunately.

ok, so he wanted to drive and i let him...

I have no words to describe the moment :girlwerewolf2xn:

my blood pressure must still be very high

My husband has the written test info down I think so our time for driving together is coming soon. The other day I'm driving on a two way street with only one lane each side and he wants to know why I can't pass all the cars since "there's room right over there!". I had a hard time explaining that we don't just plow through whatever space we see to get to where we're going like they do in Egypt!!!! It is confusing though 'cause even as I was explaining that someone passed us on the right to make a right hand turn so of course he's like, "they just did it!!!"

:wacko:

OH and to those of u who don't frequent the diet/exercise thread... I'VE LOST 23LBS SINCE MARCH 1ST!!!!! 3 since last wednesday and 7 since the wednesday before that!!! wooohooooo :dance:

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

OMG girl!! :thumbs: :thumbs: I need to get on that with you all !! That's awesome, and you're doing a great job!!!

I've lost a few but I keep finding them :blush: :blush:

OH and to those of u who don't frequent the diet/exercise thread... I'VE LOST 23LBS SINCE MARCH 1ST!!!!! 3 since last wednesday and 7 since the wednesday before that!!! wooohooooo :dance:

Timeline

it's very hard to lose weight when hubby keeps putting food on my plate!!!!! :angry::angry: All I hear after work is "eat...eat...it will relax you!" :unsure:

Mine did that in the beginning too and still will if he feels that i didn't eat enough (haha that sooooo seldom happens). I had to tell him that I was gonna die of obeisity if he kept feeding me and he had to stop. He tries but sometimes he just can't help himself.

briget..i said TWINKIE DOWN!!!

Interview-December 2005

Timeline
Mine did that in the beginning too and still will if he feels that i didn't eat enough (haha that sooooo seldom happens). I had to tell him that I was gonna die of obeisity if he kept feeding me and he had to stop. He tries but sometimes he just can't help himself.

briget..i said TWINKIE DOWN!!!

But you didn't mention the peanut m&m's I'm poppin' :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.