Jenn!

How Do/Will You Eat at Home?

84 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We don't share, but mostly because I am diabetic and eat a little differently from everyone else. I count every carb I eat and watch portion sizes, so it' makes it a little harder to share.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm curious about those Moroccan wrap around couches... anyone got a picture of those?

It's like this:

Thanks Jenn! Those are kind of what we sat on at his family's. Never gave them a term.

*pondering if such furniture will be in our future home too....*

You could probably create it if your hubby is handy and can make (or buy :blush: ) a few benches without sides. Just cover them in that thick foam you can pick up at the fabric stores and cover with fabric - you could even attatch the fabric with velcro to the wood so that you could wash the covers.

Wow, i watch home improvement shows waaaay too much :blink:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

I'm curious about those Moroccan wrap around couches... anyone got a picture of those?

It's like this:

Thanks Jenn! Those are kind of what we sat on at his family's. Never gave them a term.

You could probably create it if your hubby is handy and can make (or buy :blush: ) a few benches without sides. Just cover them in that thick foam you can pick up at the fabric stores and cover with fabric - you could even attatch the fabric with velcro to the wood so that you could wash the covers.

In my hubsters home, it was ON the floor so I wouldn't even need benches. Just some foam and materials... hmm I noticed the cushions weren't soft soft but weren't brick hard either. anyone know if its a certain type of foam??? The pillows were odd too.. a harder foam..i think it woulda killed someone if it was thrown at them... what was in them???

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

You're not the only one! I'm the handyman in our house and Abdel loves telling his buddies and co-workers that his wife taught him how to do something like lay tile or hang drywall. I had planned to build all of these built-ins as well as do the finish work in our Moroccan dining room.

Abdel doesn't like to watch the how-to shows, but if he isn't home that's what I turn on.

Yes Amera, I am looking for a job overseas and we'll be moving as soon as I find one. Our company has a couple of openings coming up in the hopefully near future that I will put in for as soon as they post and I'm really hoping I'll get one of them so I can keep my current benefits (number of years of vacation and stuff like that). If I don't get one of them I'll be applying for any other jobs I can find that I qualify for. Abdel starts teaching me French this week so the longer the job hunt takes, the better my French will be, and right now that's the only think keeping me from being able to apply for many of the jobs I've seen that I'm otherwise qualified for.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's like this:

In my hubsters home, it was ON the floor so I wouldn't even need benches. Just some foam and materials... hmm I noticed the cushions weren't soft soft but weren't brick hard either. anyone know if its a certain type of foam??? The pillows were odd too.. a harder foam..i think it woulda killed someone if it was thrown at them... what was in them???

those seats are way hard...not like good for lounging or sleeping, wonder if they are just equal to a twin bed mattress because his twin bed in the family home felt the same when u sat on it

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

i noticed that too. hubsters bed was hard as a rock. I had to use it once when jet lag caught up with me and i just couldn't stay awake anymore. it was not a peaceful sleep, thats for sure.. no wonder they always walk around with grumpy faces...

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
i noticed that too. hubsters bed was hard as a rock. I had to use it once when jet lag caught up with me and i just couldn't stay awake anymore. it was not a peaceful sleep, thats for sure.. no wonder they always walk around with grumpy faces...

:lol:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

:lol:

I second that! :lol: I wouldn't sleep well the first couple weeks, which is very unusual, then I guess the jet lag caught up with me (but then at that time we HAD to get up earlier). I used to get frustrated waiting, waiting, waiting for SO to get up. Hopefully he won't sleep toooooo much when he is finally here.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's like this:

I read an article about making window seats out of prefab kitchen cabinets, and I've wondered if something like that would work for the wraparound sofa. It would give us a little extra storage, and we need as much of that as we can get, but I'm not sure about the width.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's like this:

31329_4.jpg

This layout is exactly like hubby's mom's sofa back home, down to the location of the window and the approximate dimensions. She has white, lacy curtains on the window and in the doorway on the right. The breeze through those curtains is lovely.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Timeline

I actually had the best sleep of my life on one of those rock hard mattresses. However, I did not care for the hard pillows.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Dh's family's cushions are made from wool. Twice a year they unstuff them and put the wool out in the sun all day and then restuff the cushions.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

wool? hooda thunkit... I thought it was some kind of foam.. is that particular stuff available here?

Interview-December 2005

they walk around with grumpy faces cuz they are grumpy.

We eat mansaf off the same tray. We eat maglooba off the same tray. When we go out to restaurants, we ate off our own plates but secretly long to reach over with a fork and stab the others food.

jJ

I do that with anyone I'm eating with lol!!!

Interview-December 2005

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.