davanj

My interview experience last april 29

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

wow!!!!!!

yeehheeeyy!!!!!!!!!!!! ANOTHER BURGER--BURGER--BURGER--!!!

heheheheh. . . Congratulations NAZMAN, Goodluck, We are next in Line!!...

hi to all the vjers, old and new members i would love to extend my warmth thanks (L) to all of you here for all the valuable information you shared to everybody. All your post was really helpful. I am so thankful that my honey found this site, it helps me feel more confident and things are a lot more easier..

Now is my turn to share my own experienced during my preparation for docs and my interview last April 29, 2008. Last April 5 my honey found this site and the first person who answer his inquiry was dbears ( she is very nice person), she gave us some instruction what to do in order to get our appointment schedule. too bad that day my honey have to leave back to the US. That was April 8 when my honey called USEM for appointment schedule and we choose April 29 which is 3 weeks after..i was really shocked for the quick process still cant believed that i will be having my medical and interview sooner. but anyway, since my schedule is past approaching then i have to set everything in place. need to complete all my documents. I payed delbros last april 10 and followed some vjer's advice to call and follow up the status of my payment. i made a call about twice and they told me the same thing, they are waiting for the request from embassy. the day before my interview i call them again and he told me that they already forwarded it in NSO last April 21...Thank God! Anyway, a day before my interview i kept reviewing and checking all my documents. i make sure i did not missed anything, i even made a checklist to be sure...hehehe, we stayed in hotel just in front of the embassy for convenience. I was with my brother and my cousin who really gave their full support when i was in manila. We visited some nice place in manila that night before my interview ( i am trying to make myself at ease, i really feel nervous about my coming interview..hehehe) and we went to embassy and ask the guard where and what to do for tomorrow's interview ( he is nice too, he wished me luck after giving instruction)...we went back to hotel around 10pm and my honey call me to wish me luck. I really had hard time to go to sleep..

April 29

i woke up about 4am, took a shower and getting ready..i rechecked again my documents before leaving the hotel. about 4:45 when we left the hotel and went to USE we met the guard again the one that i talked the night before my interview and he wished me luck again for second time...when we arrived USE, there are lots of applicants already but the guard told us to wait at the waiting area because they only letting in those applicant who had 6:30 appointment and i was having 7:30 so we waited for further instructions. while waiting i met some K1 applicants there and chatted a little..someone that i met there who are not familiar with her documents she even not payed the visa fee..strange isn't it? i told her why she don't know about it then she say its her fiance that prepare everything...well, i would advice everyone here to familiarize their documents even if you hire for a lawyer or a friend to help you in preparing your docs. other applicant i met at SLEC too she dont have DS 156K, we were inside the embassy when she found out that she don't have one..she rushed home to get it but she realized she really don't have any of it. then she told me their lawyer prepare the documents...well, she still give a try and bring her documents at the ticketing area where you get your number that you will used for the whole process..thank God they give her DS 156K forms to fill up and she continue the whole process..At around 6:30am we fall in line and get ready your appointment letter to show it to the guard. inside the embassy you will sit in blue chairs and wait for instruction. be ready with your DS forms and appointment letter to give at the ticketing area and they will give you the ticket with the number on it that you will use on the whole process so keep it safe and always pay attention on the screen where the number will flashed. i was called at window 26 for prescreener at around 7:30 and he asked me the following documents: NBI, Birth Certificate, ITR 2007, Affidavit of support, i gave him the bank statement of my fiance and other supporting documents like photos, emails, voice call history and chat logs..NOTE: for photos dont paste it in album. it should be bendable. i would advice to paste it in paper because the slot in window is not the same as the one in SLEC. the style is hard to explain but i will try...hehehe, the opening is not on the glass but its on the concrete, its like they make a hole on the concete and put the glass at the center so you have to pushed your paper to get it through the other side and the prescreener will pulled it a little..well to be safe just paste it in paper doesnt matter if its special or not as long as its bendable..the thickness should be 1 inch..the prescreener asked me few questions like who is my petetioner, when did i met him, how many times he visit me..just basic info of my petetioner..the prescreener is a gay i believe but he is really nice..i sit back to the blue chair and waited for finger scanning, 20 minutes after i was called at window 33 for fingerscanning..i guess it was around 8:30 that i start waiting for the final battle..hehe, interview with the consul..9:40 i was called at window 31 for final interview with the consul..Thank God he is very nice person..he greet me goodmorning as asked me how am i doing? of course i responded with a big smile and answer his question. he asked me to raised my right hand and swear....he asked me few questions, very basic info about me and my petitioner..so nothing to worry because it is not like the question and answer portion in beauty pageant..lol..as long as you know your petitioner then no worries. i would say it lasted only 3 minutes and he say OK YOUR APPROVED! and smiled...wow! how nice to hear that words...of course i was so excited to tell my honey about the good news but i did not forget to say Thank You to the consul and smile at him before i leave the room..i waited like 5 minutes and my name called at window 37 for releasing of my docs and get the pink slip then pay the delivery fee at delbros booth...its easy so no worries...

I am really thankful that my honey found this site, its really a big help. i cant emagine myself going to the interview without knowing that i missed paying delbros, or missed paying visa fee or dont have complete documents..I am lucky i am part of vj family. So for those who are having their interview soon. check and recheck your document before leaving hotel or your house, just be yourself, always wear a smile, answer questions sincerely and look at their eyes straight when answering their questions.. i am new in this site and i dont really post i just keep myself posted on all the new posted topics, i kept reading all other vjer's experienced and advices...Thank you so much guys specially to dbears, i already met her in person she is really nice person both inside and out...Good luck to all of you here..im waiting for my visa now and hopefully i will leave on May 9..Thanks once again and God Bless!

dancing-2.gifDSCN0582-1.jpgdancing-2.gif

thweregettingmarried.gifthweregettingmarried.gifthweregettingmarried.gif

butterflies.gifbutterflies.gif

-a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e-

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm happy for you . i hope all of us will be called in window 31 lol!

Congratulations and have safe and blessed trip :)

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm happy for you . i hope all of us will be called in window 31 lol!

Congratulations and have safe and blessed trip :)

you will passed whether you will be called in window 31 or not..you can make it! trust yourself and God above all.. :):)

128570755.gif

8ODD-10p_5XNfIkH69a.jpg

foxfoxsdg20100618_-8_Jasmine+Nicole.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

oh congratulations to you...it's nice to know that my fiance and i are not the only ones in this waiting game. we've been waiting for NOA2 since dec '07..my fiance just received NOA2 last may 1 via the email.. what do we do next? what do i wait for? mail? from whom/where? we really dont know what to do next. please help us.

and another question..i have a passport but it's the green-covered one which will expire on sept 2010. do i need to get a new one? the machine-readable one?

can you please enlighten me to what shall i do next?. thank you so much for your help :innocent:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.