Jelly

Spouse at Citizenship Interview

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
I never brought mine since she was working and I figured there probably wasn't any reason for it. The IO did ask where she was, so I just told him working and that was it. It doesn't hurt at all to have them there (to strenghten your case), but it's not a big issue if they're not either as I found out...

Spouse is not required for interview, and not allowed to come in. I've seen one person say the IO asked to meet the spouse, but it was an IO that didn't usually do citizenship interviews.

I confirm what Sherlock wrote here about Baltimore. I had my interview there this morning and spouses weren't allowed to go in for the citizenship ones.

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

From what was reported here, each interviewer has his own set of rules where some demanded to see the spouse based on the three year marriage privilege.

All I know is that when my tiny little wife first came here had to go a four hour strip search and an interrogation that was totally uncalled for that instilled a certain amount of fear in her, and she feels a lot more secure when I am with her. We have over a 200 mile drive with traffic, detours, and road construction and never easy to find a place to park. She would be far more relaxed when I drive and can rest, and even look over her test questions one last time. She does get nervous when tested like most people and some officers are quite rude even though they are not suppose to be that way.

It makes a huge difference when we travel together, I am not afraid to ask on what basis to they feel they have the right to search us, after all, I have been trained by this country to even die for our freedom and see this freedom being taken away from us. Ha, if they want us to be safe, can lock up all 300 million of us in padded cells, just about getting that bad.

All I know, is that I want to be with her, even if I have to sit on a folding chair and stare at a bare wall.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
From what was reported here, each interviewer has his own set of rules where some demanded to see the spouse based on the three year marriage privilege.

All I know is that when my tiny little wife first came here had to go a four hour strip search and an interrogation that was totally uncalled for that instilled a certain amount of fear in her, and she feels a lot more secure when I am with her. We have over a 200 mile drive with traffic, detours, and road construction and never easy to find a place to park. She would be far more relaxed when I drive and can rest, and even look over her test questions one last time. She does get nervous when tested like most people and some officers are quite rude even though they are not suppose to be that way.

It makes a huge difference when we travel together, I am not afraid to ask on what basis to they feel they have the right to search us, after all, I have been trained by this country to even die for our freedom and see this freedom being taken away from us. Ha, if they want us to be safe, can lock up all 300 million of us in padded cells, just about getting that bad.

All I know, is that I want to be with her, even if I have to sit on a folding chair and stare at a bare wall.

You can go to the interview with her...but you will probably not go into the office with her. She will be fine and you can hang out in the lobby on a chair and watch some bad TV.

Good Luck! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
You can go to the interview with her...but you will probably not go into the office with her. She will be fine and you can hang out in the lobby on a chair and watch some bad TV.

Good Luck! :thumbs:

You have TV at your field office? Wow, which field office is that? Gee wanted so bad to sneak in my camera so I could can take a picture of a blank wall, LOL. Am allowed to bring my thumbs in so I can twiddle them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.