Ilya R.

Question for those who contacted Congressman

61 posts in this topic

Wow! Help from Tancredo's office?? The irony is not lost on me, as I live in Colorado, but not in your district.

I am very happy that it turned out in your favor. We never thought of contacting our representatives when our DIL was denied a visa to visit. The kids are still not sure where they will settle. At least it is looking like they'll be able to be together for their first anniversary.

I have written Senators Allard and Salazar and Rep Salazar regarding some of he difficulties families are having just trying to be together due to Gov bureaucracy and the catch 22 for married couples. Perhaps if we all keep writing there will be some changes. This is a government by the people and for the people, and we need to make sure it works that way. I was oblivious to the immigrations issues families face until my son married his Thai college sweetheart.

Everyone, please keep writing, faxing and emailing your congress persons so this system will be improved for everyone.

Nice Work on making the system work for you and for making your voice heard!

I know it doesn't totally coincide with your case but my congressman did wonders for me. Very likely I'll be contacting him again in the near future when we file the I-130.

Last summer we had been married already for a year and-a-half and I had already filed an I-129F once. So needless to say they were pretty reluctant when we wanted to get my wife a B1/B2 Tourist visa so she could just come up to visit my family etc... It's a familiar story for a lot of posters on here I'm sure. So prior to her interview anticipating that she would be denied (she had already been denied the tourist visa twice in the past before we met), I called both senators and my representative. Senators mostly blew me off, but our Repub. Senator eventually offered to help (way after the fact) and the dem. senator was the only one of the three that flat out said 'No way she's getting that Tourist Visa, sorry.' Thanks for that. However congressman stepped up and sent some faxes and did their homework to try and help us.

So we were as prepared as we could possibly be and she went to her interview. Denied. Ouch.

I called the congressman back and they were pretty shocked. To our surprise just a day later the US consulate called my wife and told her that they had given her an emergency appointment for the B1/B2 interview. Of course we had to pay again, but whatever. They also told her what exact documents she needed to bring in, and sure enough she got a 10 year visitor visa. WoW :D

Mind you, I only ever spoke to thier 'people' and never actually to the senators or congressman themselves. But there's no doubt that my wife wouldn't ever have had the opportunity to visit without the help of our congressman.

By the way, my representative is Tom Tancredo, go figure! What a guy!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.