hbunch

Married during the first visit

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello fellow VJ'ers, After more than 13 months of consistent chatting and huge phone bills due to very long conversations (landlines & Smart Postpaid), buying PLDT Budget Cards / phone cards from U.S., sending emails/ cards/ gifts/ Western Union receipts and so on I established a genuine relationship with this wonderful man who is now my husband. When his work & time finally allowed him to come and visit me here in Philippines & stayed 1 month, he asked me to marry him over the phone(actually many times LOL!) and we got married during the first visit, simply because we both fell in love with each other before meeting in person. Soon we will be having our interview, so my question is this: Will this affect our k3 visa interview in a negative way because we got married during his first visit? Or do I need to ask my Husband to be with me during the Interview just to prove to the consul that our marriage is indeed genuine?

Thank u in advance, cause I really need ur opinions on this matter!

hbunch

Hi hbunch,

Im done with that.

we were in the same situation, first visit and got married. Actually i was being asked by the consul who have interviewed me about why i married him the first visit and when we started our communication. I have had a very strict consul, all they care was the marriage is genuine and not fake. And not the times of visits.

Shape1031068lr19y02hb8.gif

Thanks Shape, My husband will come to Philippines again. He wanted to be with us during the interview just to prove the marriage and our relationship indeed genuine. However, now that we're actually in the same situation (surprised!) i would love to know about ur detailed interview experience, in case the presence of my husband is no longer necessary so we can save money and time from his job too. By the way, when it comes to evidence i would say that we have a very strong documentations to support our relationship. Thanks girl. Salute to the FILIPINAS!!! (LOL) Take care.

Hbunch,

what i've posted in my topic about my interview experience were already detailed. Depends on which consul you will be interviewed. I brought almost 7 kilos proofs and evidences of our relationship and my relationship with my husband's families (parents,grandma,aunts,uncles,cousins,brothers,friends), but the pre-screener nor the consul never asked me about to show any of them, only the pictures that they have looked at. (picture of me and my husband with my family and his family) and the pre-screener said thats enough already.

Depends on cases. But it's better to be prepared in case they ask you some particular proofs or evidences.

Hi there Shape,

First, CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU PASSED IT WITH FLYING COLORS. Yes i did read your interview experience already, u made me laughed actually coz im trying to imagine the 7 kls weight u've been carrying since 6:30 am until the time when ur done with the interview thing. I guess the pre-screener and the consul were satisfied already by the documents you presented to them. Besides, given the fact that your husband is a military it gives a BIG PLUS in your interview too, i noticed fellow AMERICANS have high respect and salute the American soldiers who devoted their lives to protect & fight for the country. Thanks for the advised, im now gathering all the data's of my supporting documents. TC!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.