L_n_O

AOS Filers - May 2008

914 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!! fellow Vj..... i'm glad to tell you, i got an email from Cris saying my EAD IS in order. it just mean that they are working now with my papers. Hope they will also work with my AOS.

Here's another speculation, i think i would have an interview since they already process my EAD and have not work with my AOS. If that would be the case, i would just prepare for my future interview.

Good Luck to everyone here and God Bless.

Jean from Brookings Oregon

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your profile says K-3, which means that you are very likely to get an interview. The AOS going to CSC and approved without an interview is almost exclusively for K-1.

Hi!! fellow Vj..... i'm glad to tell you, i got an email from Cris saying my EAD IS in order. it just mean that they are working now with my papers. Hope they will also work with my AOS.

Here's another speculation, i think i would have an interview since they already process my EAD and have not work with my AOS. If that would be the case, i would just prepare for my future interview.

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Congrats jeaday!!

We received the second email today for the EAD production.

thanks edp333... to all who haven't receive any good news yet just continue to pray and everything will happen in God's perfect time. With God all things are possible!

God is good all the time!

_jeaday_

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Here's some good news...i got my approval notice last July 23 without interview and recieved my greencard in the mail last July 27.

Thank God.

Hi there Jeaay, congrats on the approval. I'm a little confuse coz I noticed that your cased was never transferred to California Service Center, and yet you got approved without the interview. What i usually encountered here in VJ are only cases which were transferred to CSC got an approval without the interview. Did you ever received a transfer notice before your case was approved?

Congrats again!!!

hello Sha and Scott...yes I got a notice that my case was transferred to CSC that's why i got approved without interview.

God bless.

_jeaday_

hello vj family. i have a bad news. i received an email from cris today. they gave us an rfe for my AOS application. hayayayayay... i don't know what to do now. we submitted everything to them and now i don't know what they are asking for. and this will cause some delays on our application. i hope it will be just a minor rfe. i will be waiting for the letter in the mail everyday.

please pray for me and my husband. this AOS application is stressing us too much compared to our k1 journey.

God bless,

beng

So sorry about the RFE Beng. Like people said, hopefully it will be a minor one, and once you respond, it will get your application rolling. Good luck!

I-129F sent 7/2007

I-129F approved 2/2008

Marriage: 5/3/08

AOS:

5/19/08 AOS & EAD Filed

5/25/08: NOA1s

7/28/08: Requested an inquiry after 60+ days & no biometrics appt. (or touches)!!

8/27/08: Received response to inquiry and biometrics appt.

9/11/08: Biometrics

9/11/08: EAD card production ordered

9/30/08: 2nd Biometrics (no reason given for second appt.)

1/22/09: AOS Interview - Approved!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE RECENT APPROVALS!! :dance::dance::dance:

No update on our case - no touches since biometrics on June 25th. I'm hoping to get the AP soon at least...for some reason the AP does not show up on the USCIS website, although the AOS and EAD are there...Hopefully something will happen next week!

You are also a June filer. So your 60-90 days start on June 4th as that is when the NOA was received.

Maybe, we are all June Filers and just don't realize it....... :wacko:

I just thought the same thing, the thread says AOS May FILERS and BTW many june filers already got their EAD :wacko:

I am a June filer and no not all of us have recieved our EAD.

You mailed your package on the 29th of MNay just like I did. They recieved and signed for it on the 4th, hence your NOA sdaying they received your package on June 4th.

AOS Process

May 29th 2008- AOS/EAD/I-130 Sent to Chicaogo Lock Box sent via Overnight Delivery

June 6th - Both checks cashed!!

June 25th - Biometrics appointment

Sept. 19th - Card Production Ordered! (113 days since filing)

Sept. 25th - EAD Received!!!

Dec. 5th 2008 - Received appointment letter

Feb. 4th 2009 - AOS Interview (Interviewer says going to recommend for approval)

May 15th- called and talked to an officer to submit a service request

June 10th- Made an infopass appointment,

June 15th- Info pass appointment, told me they could do nothing until the officer made their decision!

June 27 - Filed for I-131 as well as renewal of my work authorization.

July 23rd- Received I-131

Dec 22, 2009 - Biometrics appointment yet again.

January 21, 2010 Second interview

January 22nd - I-485 Touched

January 27th - Received a Request for additonal evidence.

May 27 I-485 Approved

June 13th 2010 - Green card received!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE RECENT APPROVALS!! :dance::dance::dance:

No update on our case - no touches since biometrics on June 25th. I'm hoping to get the AP soon at least...for some reason the AP does not show up on the USCIS website, although the AOS and EAD are there...Hopefully something will happen next week!

You are also a June filer. So your 60-90 days start on June 4th as that is when the NOA was received.

Maybe, we are all June Filers and just don't realize it....... :wacko:

I just thought the same thing, the thread says AOS May FILERS and BTW many june filers already got their EAD :wacko:

I am a June filer and no not all of us have recieved our EAD.

You mailed your package on the 29th of MNay just like I did. They recieved and signed for it on the 4th, hence your NOA sdaying they received your package on June 4th.

I didn't say ALL June filers got their EAD, i said MANY of them.

My AOS was mailed on May 27th and they received it on May 29th, view my signatur!

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

Prov. 3:3

REMOVING OF CONDITION

08/02/2010 I-751 sent with K2 & my son

08/12/2010 Check cashed

08/06/2010 NOA (received 08/16/2010)

08/18/2010 My son's check was cashed

09/27/2010 Biometrics appointment

10/26/2010 APPROVED

11/1/2010 10yrs GC in the mail

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Your profile says K-3, which means that you are very likely to get an interview. The AOS going to CSC and approved without an interview is almost exclusively for K-1.

hi!!!...I think your right, that K3 holder are most likely to have interview. Hhhmmm, i wonder why????

jean

Correct, the with DHS Auth will stay on your SS Card as the EAD is the auth that is referred to. However, Abby-Ron can still change the SS Card to reflect married name instead of maiden name.

Congrats to all the may filers with good news, i got some too :yes:

Our AOS (K1/K2) got transfered to the CSC on July 25th :dance::dance::dance:

Congrats to you!! Lucky you got your case transferred. Ours havent gotten transferred and Im hoping so that I wouldnt have to go to another interview. We did get our EAD and AP in hand and going to DMV next week to get my drivers learner's permit extend as it had expired already, and got to change my restrictions on my SS card since Im authorized to work now. Just applied for some nursing jobs hope I get a job within this month.

You can only change the restriction with the GC. Your EAD is the DHS authorization.

Thank you for that info, yes I still have to go to SS to get my name changed as its currently showing my maiden name and want it to reflect my married name.

Okay I got an update on my SS card and Driver's License Application. CA DMV said I can't get even an extension on my Driver's Permit as when I provided my legal status/identity in the US (provided EAD card) as this was acceptable, it does not match my name on my current SS card as it still has my maiden name. So I proceeded to SS office after and SSA told me that they can only change my legal name based on legal status of residence in the US (aside from my marriage document stating my maiden as married name). So I told them that our AOS case was pending and given that, an EAD allows me to stay in the US until my work permit expires (which is 07/2009). Having that said, they somehow checked in their system and said that only aliens with current legal status can have their names changed on their SS Card. So now, Im stuck with a maiden name on my SS, no CA permit license and not even a valid CA identification card, all because my maiden name does not match with my SS card and the only way to fix it is to get AOS approved. USCIS is currently processing Oct 2007 applications at my local office (Los Angeles) so it can take anoher 4 to 6 months at the minimum as I applied in May.

If there are any people who have a different say in SS and CA DMV then as stated in my experience, pls let me know. At least I can work though....but I cant drive to work (so I can only find work nearby my hubby so he wont have a problem driving to and from work)...

Okay, I got some good news on my previous dilemma with SSA and DMV offices. I had phoned SSA to get additional information regarding my maiden name and the fact that DMV requires both names to match in order to issue a DMV license/state ID. SSA was still able to change my previous card to my married name, but I don't know what document they used to verify my "legal status". According to their website EAD is not a valid "legal status" to change from maiden name to married name but I guess it still works as that's what I used to change my name. Now I can go tomorrow to get my Driver's license permit and hopefully a CA state identification in the meantime so I can open a CA bank account. To all those CA applicants who carry a SS number with maiden name, you should be able to change your married name if needed by just providing EAD and marriage certificate. Hope this helps anyone.

On other news, I got a job interview last Friday and looks like I got a job offer as they are doing a "background" check on me. Hope I can start helping Hubby pay the bills..

Congrats by the way to all recent EAD/AP/AOS approvals.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Congrats on the upcoming new job!

Okay, I got some good news on my previous dilemma with SSA and DMV offices. I had phoned SSA to get additional information regarding my maiden name and the fact that DMV requires both names to match in order to issue a DMV license/state ID. SSA was still able to change my previous card to my married name, but I don't know what document they used to verify my "legal status". According to their website EAD is not a valid "legal status" to change from maiden name to married name but I guess it still works as that's what I used to change my name. Now I can go tomorrow to get my Driver's license permit and hopefully a CA state identification in the meantime so I can open a CA bank account. To all those CA applicants who carry a SS number with maiden name, you should be able to change your married name if needed by just providing EAD and marriage certificate. Hope this helps anyone.

On other news, I got a job interview last Friday and looks like I got a job offer as they are doing a "background" check on me. Hope I can start helping Hubby pay the bills..

Congrats by the way to all recent EAD/AP/AOS approvals.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

hello vj family. i have a bad news. i received an email from cris today. they gave us an rfe for my AOS application. hayayayayay... i don't know what to do now. we submitted everything to them and now i don't know what they are asking for. and this will cause some delays on our application. i hope it will be just a minor rfe. i will be waiting for the letter in the mail everyday.

please pray for me and my husband. this AOS application is stressing us too much compared to our k1 journey.

God bless,

beng

So sorry about the RFE Beng. Like people said, hopefully it will be a minor one, and once you respond, it will get your application rolling. Good luck!

Sorry about your setback Beng! Hopefully its an easy fix and by the time you know it, you've only have lost 1 to 2 weeks. Good luck.

<br />hello vj family. i have a bad news. i received an email from cris today. they gave us an rfe for my AOS application. hayayayayay... i don't know what to do now. we submitted everything to them and now i don't know what they are asking for. and this will cause some delays on our application. i hope it will be just a minor rfe. i will be waiting for the letter in the mail everyday.<br /><br />please pray for me and my husband. this AOS application is stressing us too much compared to our k1 journey. <br /><br />God bless,<br />beng<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Beng,

Sorry to hear things are hard. At very least We are all together and not waighting to be reunited with our loved ones.

Best wishes

Tim

hi!!!...I think your right, that K3 holder are most likely to have interview. Hhhmmm, i wonder why????

jean

The reason I read on VJ for K3 holders having more interviews is that they have been married longer. Being married longer means they will have more evidence of an ongoing relationship (e.g. both names on utilities, shared bank accounts. etc...)

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Received letter in the mail today for our AOS interview!! Strange because on the USCIS website it sill shows that my AOS application hasn't been touched since the biomtrics. I think they are are not updating the website like they're supposed to!

28 Aug. 2003: started dating (me on E-1 work visa)

30. Dec. 2006: engagement

20. Oct. 2007: wedding

AOS:

7. May 2008: mailed out AOS & EAD to Chicago

8. May 2008: envelope delivered

15. May 2008: received NOS for AOS & EAD

19. May 2008: received appointment for biometrics on 6/6

6. June 2008: biometrics at 12 noon

18. July 2008: received email: EAD card production ordered

28. July 2008: received email: EAD approval notice sent by mail

28. July 2008: received EAD card in the mail

12. August 2008: received letter in the mail with date for AOS Interview on Sept. 22

22. September 2008: Interview went fast and smooth (10 Min!!) and case was approved according to officer

23. September 2008: Received email: card production ordered

Received letter in the mail today for our AOS interview!! Strange because on the USCIS website it sill shows that my AOS application hasn't been touched since the biomtrics. I think they are are not updating the website like they're supposed to!

Congrats on your upcoming interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.