Tunisia216

MENA Diplomas

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
So just curious, I keep hearing over and over again how much better their (MENA) education system is than ours, and how much easier our classes are. Do you hear that to?

When I watch that show "are you smarter than a fifth grader" I am blown away at what those kids know at such a young age. I consider myself somewhat intelligent, but I wouldn't want to make a fool of myself on that show... :blush: Those kids are good!

I don't hear it. I know most Jordanians have to go out of the country for their PhDs. Their primary and secondary system is more or less equal to ours, although there are several things they don't learn that we do, and probably visa versa. My husband never learned there were 7 continents :) But he did learn English as a requirement.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Timeline
So just curious, I keep hearing over and over again how much better their (MENA) education system is than ours, and how much easier our classes are. Do you hear that to?

When I watch that show "are you smarter than a fifth grader" I am blown away at what those kids know at such a young age. I consider myself somewhat intelligent, but I wouldn't want to make a fool of myself on that show... :blush: Those kids are good!

Its complete hogwash, Moroccoforever. I think perhaps the average students math ability may be higher or science background....in some cases foreign languages, but the west by far surpasses Mena schools. You have to look at the way most MENA countries are run. How could a country with a king( Morocco) or a dicatator(Tunisia) or a president elected for life or a military junta( Algeria) offer a variety of classes that would show different viewpoints?I will give you an example. There is little or no record of Judaic life in Algeria or Algerian classrooms. Egyptian universites don't offer any positive Judaic courses. Elections are not freely held. Tunisia sensors its internet. How in the heck can students get any kind of well rounded education over there when they do not even have access to the true story behind some of the historical events that took place in their country? The USA with all our faults has much more academic diversity and I personally feel that a diploma from a European or American accredited university will hold its weight world wide more than any mena degree. I am not against people saying that their degrees have merit. I AM AGAINST them saying that their schools are more advanced or better or they are better. The MENA education system varies from country to country but for example, Moroccan school books have skewed and unbalanced historical accounts of the Western Sahara. In the Western Sahara in Morocco, police sit in the classes and people can be arrested for attending demonstrations. Egyptian college students have been arrested for simply blogging. If people cannot even attend class in peace and certain subjects are skewed and censored , how can their educational system be better? It may be better in a certain echelon of MENA society but certainly not for the masses. The number of women even attending school in MENA drops off after a certain age and a country should be judged on general literacy of its people, not the literacy of the upper middle class. Hogwash that its superior. The european model in many ways surpasses our system.... MENA? Hogwash.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Its complete hogwash, Moroccoforever. I think perhaps the average students math ability may be higher or science background....in some cases foreign languages, but the west by far surpasses Mena schools. You have to look at the way most MENA countries are run. How could a country with a king( Morocco) or a dicatator(Tunisia) or a president elected for life or a military junta( Algeria) offer a variety of classes that would show different viewpoints?I will give you an example. There is little or no record of Judaic life in Algeria or Algerian classrooms. Egyptian universites don't offer any positive Judaic courses. Elections are not freely held. Tunisia sensors its internet. How in the heck can students get any kind of well rounded education over there when they do not even have access to the true story behind some of the historical events that took place in their country? The USA with all our faults has much more academic diversity and I personally feel that a diploma from a European or American accredited university will hold its weight world wide more than any mena degree. I am not against people saying that their degrees have merit. I AM AGAINST them saying that their schools are more advanced or better or they are better. The MENA education system varies from country to country but for example, Moroccan school books have skewed and unbalanced historical accounts of the Western Sahara. In the Western Sahara in Morocco, police sit in the classes and people can be arrested for attending demonstrations. Egyptian college students have been arrested for simply blogging. If people cannot even attend class in peace and certain subjects are skewed and censored , how can their educational system be better? It may be better in a certain echelon of MENA society but certainly not for the masses. The number of women even attending school in MENA drops off after a certain age and a country should be judged on general literacy of its people, not the literacy of the upper middle class. Hogwash that its superior. The european model in many ways surpasses our system.... MENA? Hogwash.

lol I can always count on you to not hold back your thoughts. :innocent:

Hey whats going on with you and hubby, is he here yet?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

lol I can always count on you to not hold back your thoughts. :innocent:

Hey whats going on with you and hubby, is he here yet?

No his flight is the 27th of May and he is waiting for a transit visa appointment on the 13th. Our problem is the French embassy because even if he didnt visit his mom there are only flights to Orly and not CDG from Oran and if he didnt get a transit visa he would have to stay almost 18 hours in the airport not allowed to leave because the flights dont connect

I think they're bragging because they aren't aware of the high standard education we receive in the US or European countries. People from international countries are usually on a higher intellect because they aren't as free as we are here. They can't talk or back talk a teacher like done here. If you don't complete your studies you simply don't eat because you're out of a job. Here you can always work at mc donalds or pizza hut work your way up to management and so forth and get a living.

In my opinion, compared to school back home the mathematics is harder here than there. (College level mathematics)

I always thought European education was higher than USA standards. Then again it was an All- Girl Boarding school no distractions from the boys. :rolleyes:

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My brother-in-law is Jordanian and he's 1 of 5 boys in his family. His father sent all 5 boys to universities in the US and 1 in Canada. That is a lot of money to put 5 grown men through college let alone the international fees. They only focused on their education, so their father was also paying for food and boarding as well. I think the secondary education system is better over here. My brother-in-law now has a Master's in Engineering.

Label.jpg

.png

mybabygirl-1-1.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

wahrania -

She has got it again, how can you be educated when you only get half of the story. You have to be able to read Charles Darwin, and others without worry, and it should be a requirement that they read from a different point or view. My husband always complains that American and Kuwait children don't take the education serious, and how in Egypt you did what the teacher said. But yes, why do you think people from all over the world come to America for college. England is good my cousin graduated from Oxford. But don't always the older generation complains about the younger ones, my Grandfather told me the same thing, told me how he had to go to school in America, and didn't know one word of english. He always said how lucky I was to go to school in this country. I have noticed that some of those words now fly out of my mouth. My daughter and I were talking today and about how when I went to college there were no PC's, we typed it all out. When did I turn to an old folk. :wacko: So when our children are parents they will tell their children how hard it was for them, since once in a while the internet went down, the horror of that.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

They can have a report done that translates non US coursework into U. S equivilants here are the websites

www.wes.org

www.ece.org

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

wahrania -

She has got it again, how can you be educated when you only get half of the story. You have to be able to read Charles Darwin, and others without worry, and it should be a requirement that they read from a different point or view. My husband always complains that American and Kuwait children don't take the education serious, and how in Egypt you did what the teacher said. But yes, why do you think people from all over the world come to America for college. England is good my cousin graduated from Oxford. But don't always the older generation complains about the younger ones, my Grandfather told me the same thing, told me how he had to go to school in America, and didn't know one word of english. He always said how lucky I was to go to school in this country. I have noticed that some of those words now fly out of my mouth. My daughter and I were talking today and about how when I went to college there were no PC's, we typed it all out. When did I turn to an old folk. :wacko: So when our children are parents they will tell their children how hard it was for them, since once in a while the internet went down, the horror of that.

or how to use the dewey decimal system and card catalog to locate books and how to do research USING BOOKS not a computer LOL

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
or how to use the dewey decimal system and card catalog to locate books and how to do research USING BOOKS not a computer LOL

OMG I just was saying that the other night to Alissa, I heard my Grandfathers words, but they were coming from out of my mouth, in the day we used the DECIMAL SYSTEM, and try to do your grad research paper with that:thumbs: She did say, that the kids now in school are too dependent on the internet, how funny is the whole thing.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.