Palmteers07

EAD Renewal and Looking for a job

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My EAD renewal is due June 2008. What if I don't get something before that and will have to continue looking? I know that I am required to send my EAD card back together with my application. What will I show to my potential employers that I am able to work legally in the US?

Do I get to sign a new card once its renewed? I need to change it to my married name signature :blush:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Why not us USCIS e filing system for renewing the EAD, I don't believe that old card needs to be sent to them when you use the electronic filing system

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...000d1f1d6a1RCRD

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Your timeline shows your EAD was approved 1/02/08 so it can't be already up for renewal in June 2008. You can renew your EAD (if you feel the need to) 90 days before it is supposed to expire.

Also, I don't think you're required to submit a copy of your EAD when you submit an application. You should only show it when you've been hired and you are showing proof of work authorization.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Timeline

Thank you very much for the insights! You just don't know how anxious I am about my papers and the timelines on top of everything. How do I change my signature if I renew via e-file though?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Thank you very much for the insights! You just don't know how anxious I am about my papers and the timelines on top of everything. How do I change my signature if I renew via e-file though?
They may ask you to do another Biometric.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
They may ask you to do another Biometric.

I just got home and found a new sense of understanding of my papers by making an appointment at the USCIS through infopass. It is a free service and you can book an appointment online. There was no line when I went to the JFK building at the Government Center in Boston. My appointment was at 9:30am. :thumbs:

This what the lady at the desk told me.

- I do not need to submit my EAD card when I renew it.

- I can renew my EAD online.

- I can renew the card 90 days prior its expiration date.

- I can do my name change when I renew it-- I just need to attach necessary documents like my marriage certificate.

- I will be requested for another biometrics appointment for the renewal thus I can use my new signature.

- I can request the interviewer during my AOS interview to note the name change.

- The signature during on the Green Card is not a "big deal" so I shouldn't fuss or be worried about it.

Based on the timeline, my AOS interview date will most probably come before my EAD expires. I hope everything will turn our well. :innocent:

Edited by Palmteers07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.