Yardies with case complete

644 posts in this topic

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Has anyone of you ladies with a recent assigned interview had their AVR response on NVC change? Mine has not changed yet and it has been 10 days since the interview was assigned. I figure that the Packet 4 wont get sent until the case reaches the embassy, and the case does not reach the embassy until after the AVR changes. I'm just trying to give the Mister a heads up on when to look out for the packet, cause he works wierd hours and cannot always get to the post office when they are open. Plus this doesnt leave him with enough time to make medical appointment.

Also for the medical, are appointments only on certain days and certain hours?

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Has anyone of you ladies with a recent assigned interview had their AVR response on NVC change? Mine has not changed yet and it has been 10 days since the interview was assigned. I figure that the Packet 4 wont get sent until the case reaches the embassy, and the case does not reach the embassy until after the AVR changes. I'm just trying to give the Mister a heads up on when to look out for the packet, cause he works wierd hours and cannot always get to the post office when they are open. Plus this doesnt leave him with enough time to make medical appointment.

Not sure if he has to go to the same places as K-1 folks, but here is some information on the medical thanks to Lawns because I couldn't find it.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/KNG-ME...L-0001-0707.pdf

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Hi Marlita,

My status has not changed either. Today I received the appointment letter from NVC along with instructions to visit the below site:

Interview Preparations (It's instructed to read the Interview Preparation Section located at the bottom of this site)

Is this Packet 4 you're refering to? Or will the benecificay get another letter? I think what I receive is all the information needed. It also includes the Vaccination Requirements and a Checklist of what Docs NVC have received and the status. I'm going to make a copy for myself and FedEX this to Hubby tommorrow, so he can start with the medical.

Edited by Tash

Timeline

I received packet 4 today also. Hubby's birthday is Thursday and I will FEDEX the originals tomorrow. He has already updated his vaccinations. He will just need to show the Embassy physicians panel when he makes his appointment next month.

Tash: have you decided if you're going?

USCIS CR1 PROCESS

07.12.07: Mail I-130 to CSC

07.24.07: NOA1

12.06.07: NOA2

NVC

01.04.08: NVC Assigns Case#

AOS Bill Received

IV Bill Received

Mailed out I-864 and DS230 (IV app) packets

04.09.08: NVC received IV Bill & DS230 packets

04.18.08: Case Complete

10.09.08: Medical Exam

10.24.08 : Interview

WE GOT APPROVED ... WE GOT APPROVE...THANKS AND PRAISES.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I haven't seen any married couples being denied for a visa in the Yardie Fam because of COs thinking their marriage is a fraud...but in my case I've decided to go just because I feel that it will be the best and my husband really really wants me to be there...he's pretty shy and I've seen him getting nervous...not a pretty sight...LOL...he will start stuttering and it will take him a minute to get one word out...its the cutiest thing...when we were getting married he was soo nervous that he misspelled his first name on the Marriage Certificate and he had to go all the way down to Kingston with the pastor to fix it...lucky think i decided not to wait for the original certificate and mailed in the copy that we get from the pastor when i filed the I-130...the pastor had to go too because he misspelled my husband's first name as well...My husband has a very unique name...but back to topic I'm going so my husband's nerves will be somewhat calm and he will feel much better with me there...I do think if the beneficiary is alone they have as much of a chance of getting through as one who came with their spouse...I only really saw COs in Kingston Embassy blue slip fiance(e)'s visas to have the fiance(e) come down for a second interview...but not marriage visas...maybe if they see like a huge age gap or something they might ask for the spouse to come down but I don't really see no other reasons...

You realize when they talk to you, they may seperate you, right?

Have anyone heard of them not giving a married couple a visa, because they feel the marriage was not real, based on what evidence. Now, I realize they can deny for any reason, but if two people have made the committment but haven't actual lived together what will they be looking for?

Technically, you can't add that individual to anything here in the Us w/o SS#, and even if you add them to your health Insurance, most policies state that they must be a residence of the US.

Evidence of continuing relationship. Pretty much the same as the K-1 evidence we all talk about. There is no difference at that point except that those doing K-3 or CR1 already had the wedding. It's still a LDR and you have to prove it continues.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You are right, not much the person can acquire here without SSN. If they have an ITIN then maybe but its a hassle. I dont personally know of any Yardies who were in a tru relationship getting denied. I do know that most all the interview reviews come back saying that they didnt ask to much evidence at all. They asked both parties questions on how they met so and so and those are easy enough to answer. I know Lawny got drilled cause she is Jamaican and maybe they thought it was a set up or something cause that does happen. I PERSONALLY think its best to go to the interview if you can. Most times I hear of issues happening is when the SO is NOT present vs when they are. Now its still all good to not go, just prepare your spouse with all the paperwork they may need, and just tell them about some of the stuff you learn here on VJ, is all I think.

I only caution on putting too much emphasis on attending the interview as opposed to having a lot of evidence because think about it.........If it was a marriage for hire type situation, don't you think it would be easy for someone to marry and then just show up at the interview? It really proves nothing. Same way people say, oh, we have a kid together. So? That proves you slept together at least one time. See what I am saying? You still need the evidence to back up the LDR has continued.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I received packet 4 today also. Hubby's birthday is Thursday and I will FEDEX the originals tomorrow. He has already updated his vaccinations. He will just need to show the Embassy physicians panel when he makes his appointment next month.

Tash: have you decided if you're going?

Hi Forbes,

We decided that it's not really necessary for me to attend. We're both confident all will go well. We are well prepared and have trust in the Lord. Plus I really want to spend some quality time together/and get some things straighten out when he arrives, so I'm saving up my days for that occasion instead.

Timeline

Ok, so I received the packet 4 also yesterday when I got home. The AVR still has not changed but at least packet 4 has arrived. I'm gonna give my husband a week or so to receive his packet from them. This letter is really basic! Now I see how people were showing up to the embassy with a "fake" appointment letter. Its the same type of reproduction of forms we find here in VJ. Basically they are reproducing forms the same way we reproduce them on VJ to speed up the NVC process. They are just reproducing forms to speed up the interview process. <_< I could really just duplicate this form, make a master and create a barcode for anyones KNG#, place it digitally on a new letter, give it to the applicant, nad they take it to the medical, and interview...voila....visa interview letter fraud. Man our government really needs to get it together. Nothing in this process is official.

Timeline

Hello,

So have everyone decided where they will stay in Kingston for their interview next month?

USCIS CR1 PROCESS

NVC

AOS Bill Received

IV Bill Received

Timeline
Hello,

So have everyone decided where they will stay in Kingston for their interview next month?

Where will you be staying if you don't mind me asking...i plan to do the same thing by staying in a hotel close to the embassy when i finally get a date and want to know which hotel is the closest and cheapest.....and also clean too... :star:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline

We are staying at Alambra Inn about a five minute drive from the US Embassy. Prices are $110 which includes hotel fees.

USCIS CR1 PROCESS

NVC

AOS Bill Received

IV Bill Received

Timeline

I'm probably gonna stay in one of those places that Kimmy and JAlove mentioned. The prices are around $50. I plan on staying in Kingston for at least 4 days so we are going cheap, and hubby is renting a car so we can hang out and tour around the area.

Timeline

Since I was just there this month this trip is all about business

USCIS CR1 PROCESS

NVC

AOS Bill Received

IV Bill Received

Timeline
Since I was just there this month this trip is all about business

Girl mine too! haha, I plan on getting back on a plane that same day as interview. I might as well come up on the Saturday since I'd miss work on Monday anyway, so thats how I'm getting a little extra fun time in. Its basically just time to visit family and friends for one last time before we try and go back next year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.