metta

Rev. Wright: If you're elected, Obama, I'M COMING AFTER YOU...

93 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
Former Clinton supporters defecting...

There are signs that the anger voiced by some African Americans is beginning to extend to the Democratic donor base. Campaign finance records released this week show that a growing number of Clinton's early supporters migrated to Obama in March, after he achieved 11 straight victories. Of those who had previously made maximum contributions to Clinton, 73 wrote their first checks to Obama in March. The reverse was not true: Of those who had made large contributions to Obama last year, none wrote checks to Clinton in March.

"I think she is destroying the Democratic Party," said New York lawyer Daniel Berger, who had backed Clinton with the maximum allowable donation of $2,300. "That there's no way for her to win this election except by destroying [Obama], I just don't like it. So in my own little way, I'm trying to send her a message."

The message came in the form of a $2,300 contribution to Obama.

Donors are not the only ones who have made the leap. Gabriel Guerra-Mondragón served as an ambassador to Chile during Bill Clinton's presidency, considered himself a close friend of Sen. Clinton, and became a "Hill-raiser" by bringing in about $500,000 for her presidential bid.

But he had a fitful few weeks as the battle between Clinton and Obama turned increasingly negative. Last week, he decided he had seen enough.

"We're just bleeding each other out," Guerra-Mondragón said when asked why he had decided to join Obama's finance committee. "Looking at it as coldly as I can, I just don't see how Senator Clinton can overcome Senator Obama with delegates and popular votes. I want this fight to be over -- the quicker, the better."

The Obama converts include William Louis-Dreyfus. The billionaire New York financier said he had been impressed by Clinton's performance in the Senate and distressed by eight years of the Bush administration when he donated the maximum to her campaign last August. Then, he said, he began watching more closely.

"However much one might have supported the Clintons, or one might support the usual suspects in the Democratic Party, I began to believe Obama represents a new approach. He gives off such a sense of relevance that he's sort of irresistible," Louis-Dreyfus said.

He also expressed, as did other big givers who crossed to Obama, exasperation about the tone of the Clinton campaign and frustration with the candidate herself.

"At the end of the day, all she had to do was open her mouth for me not to believe her," Louis-Dreyfus said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ST2008042504037

Well, there will be crossovers on ether side. With Obama leading in delegates, it's not surprising that some will crossover.

Since Penn, Hillary is getting donations for her to carry through her campaign.

Conversely, there are no big name defectors from Obama to Clinton except for Alice miller who is Obama's former mentor.

Talking about mentors, Hillary doesn't need any defectors from Obama's side since she's been helped more than she could hope for, by Obama's own mentors and supporters . :yes:

Infact, Clinton camp must be praying hard for more of Obama's mentors like Reverend Wright to come out and support their candidate in public.

perhaps if hillary prays hard enough, Rezco might step into the media limelight to support Barry too. :blush:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the purpose of Mr. Wright speaking out was to clear up his statements and not to continue to poison Sen. Obama. If he cares/cared for as a preacher/associate/friend/whatever then he should have remained in the shadows and worry about addressing his characterization later. What a knucklehead/pinhead! :devil:

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline
I thought the purpose of Mr. Wright speaking out was to clear up his statements and not to continue to poison Sen. Obama. If he cares/cared for as a preacher/associate/friend/whatever then he should have remained in the shadows and worry about addressing his characterization later. What a knucklehead/pinhead! :devil:

He is a veritable nightmare for Barry!!

Filed: Timeline

His convoluted explanation of African-American right-brain 'oral' culture as more creative, musical, and spontaneous versus European left-brain traditional analysis could never have been given by someone white to that audience without justifiably earning booing and catcalls.

The Scary LEgacy of the Dem Party

----

Politico's Smith has another charming example of unifying rhetoric coming from the Obama campaign:

[Obama campaign manager] David Plouffe tells [National Journal's] Linda Douglass that real racists are probably voting Republican in any case:

"The vast, vast majority of voters who would not vote for Barack Obama in November based on race are probably firmly in John McCain's camp already," he says.

The Great Divider

----

And worse, Wright's purpose now seems quite clear: to aggrandize himself--the guy is going to be a go-to mainstream media source for racial extremist spew, the next iteration of Al Sharpton--and destroy Barack Obama.

The Rev. Wright

----

Obama's controversial former pastor was defiant as he spoke to a room packed with non-journalistic supporters, defending himself, dismissing Obama's criticism of him as mere political expedience, and jokingly offering himself as a vice presidential prospect.

Wright Assails Media, Cheney, Obama at National Press Club

Edited by illumine

June 2nd! June 2nd! A day of reckoning...and the beginning a much needed healing process. Oh my...

What - no comments on the MANY articales about Obama's friend causing his downfall?

What about Plouffe calling Reps racists? You agree with that???

Edited by illumine

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
June 2nd! June 2nd! A day of reckoning...and the beginning a much needed healing process. Oh my...

What - no comments on the MANY articales about Obama's friend causing his downfall?

Dev, Obama has already made it clear that he doesn't agree with some of Rev. Wright's controversial statements. Harping on Rev. Wright and his controversy says nothing about Obama, IMO. In the meantime, the Democratic Party has to come together behind whoever the nominee will be. To imply Rev. Wright taints Obama as a viable candidate in light of the facts is just dirty politics, and sad for the Party. We will come together...Obama will be the nominee and there will be a day of reckoning.

Dev, Obama has already made it clear that he doesn't agree with some of Rev. Wright's controversial statements. Harping on Rev. Wright and his controversy says nothing about Obama, IMO. In the meantime, the Democratic Party has to come together behind whoever the nominee will be. To imply Rev. Wright taints Obama as a viable candidate in light of the facts is just dirty politics, and sad for the Party. We will come together...Obama will be the nominee and there will be a day of reckoning.

He can say it all he wants yet he makes no move to actually step away, does he? Almost all of those articles say as much.

Plouffe? Reps are racist? I give it days till he is forced to step down.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Unfortunately we are still stuck in the meantime where association can somehow come to represent bona fide reality. In other words, its just dirty politics to imply what is not there based on an immature desire to play just that- dirty politics.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline
His convoluted explanation of African-American right-brain 'oral' culture as more creative, musical, and spontaneous versus European left-brain traditional analysis could never have been given by someone white to that audience without justifiably earning booing and catcalls.

The Scary LEgacy of the Dem Party

----

Politico's Smith has another charming example of unifying rhetoric coming from the Obama campaign:

[Obama campaign manager] David Plouffe tells [National Journal's] Linda Douglass that real racists are probably voting Republican in any case:

"The vast, vast majority of voters who would not vote for Barack Obama in November based on race are probably firmly in John McCain's camp already," he says.

The Great Divider

----

And worse, Wright's purpose now seems quite clear: to aggrandize himself--the guy is going to be a go-to mainstream media source for racial extremist spew, the next iteration of Al Sharpton--and destroy Barack Obama.

The Rev. Wright

----

Obama's controversial former pastor was defiant as he spoke to a room packed with non-journalistic supporters, defending himself, dismissing Obama's criticism of him as mere political expedience, and jokingly offering himself as a vice presidential prospect.

Wright Assails Media, Cheney, Obama at National Press Club

This quote from klein caught my eye:

And furthermore, I've been to dozens and dozens of African-American church services over the years, including the investiture of one of my friends as an AME minister two years ago, and I have very rarely, if ever, heard the kind of rants that are part of Reverend Wright's canon. Yes, as many have pointed out, Martin Luther King Jr. gave some angry, angry sermons--especially about the obscenity of the war in Vietnam--but for Wright to say the attacks on him are an attack on the black church is to offer a straitened and solipsistic view of that grand institution. Black liberation theology is not the black church.

Like Klien, I've been to many black churches as part of social obligations and enjoyed them very much. memorably, I was at a AA baptist church where they acquired a new pastor. He was very inspiring and unlike a Catholic or Episcopal service, very spirited in his sermon. Also, I always enjoyed singing to hymnals like " Have A Little Talk With Jesus".

I've also been to Black mega churches . The pastors of those 10,000, 12,000 member congregations are by no means humble souls. You can almost see their egos oozing out of everypore and who can blame them. They are successful and more importantly, loaded. Those i know of, travel around in their private jets and even meet with world leaders. They wear fancy custom-made outfits and $1000 croc skin shoes etc. But In my experience, their sermons are free of hate. The one I am more familar with preaches against drugs and violence very effectively. So, there are talks in the news media about preachers and their shady finances etc. but by and large, they are a net asset to their community.

But, Reverend Wright last night evoked something uneasy in me. I don't know what. He lacks the dignity in his demeanor and honestly, while listening to him last night, I felt a twinge of sorrow and sympathy for Senator Obama.

As far as I am concerned, Obama is not the candidate for this cycle but with eight years of executive experience as VP under his wings, he has the potential to become not just the first black POTUS but one that might even merit an addition on Mount Rushmore. :star:

So, with that thought, I hope that Wright does not pull him down totally.

Edited by metta

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I watched the nat'l press club debacle today and came away with one conclusion,,Wright really has one huge ego. That's probably why he doesn't care how his comments torpedo Obama's campaign.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-15 receipt date

I-130 NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-03

I-129F RFE(s) : None

RFE Reply(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-26 (email)

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

NVC Received :2008-09-04

NVC Left : 2008-09-04

Consulate Received :2008-09-12

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Medical: 2008-09-23,24

Sputum Test Passed, complete medical: 2008-12-08

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, White Slips, need current marriage index and CENOMAR

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-01

I-130 Approval : 2008-08-26

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 364 days from your filing date.

Absolutely not... Some of my best friends are republicans... :devil:

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Plouffe? Reps are racist?

He didn't actually say that. God forbid someone says what everyone knows: That some white folks just won't vote for a black candidate no matter what. And that those folks are more likely to be found in one of the two major parties.

Besides, camp Hillary beating on the polls that show her support being stronger within certain segments of the white population and using that as a central part of an argument that she'd be better positioned to beat McCain is no less racist than what Plouffe said here.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unfortunately we are still stuck in the meantime where association can somehow come to represent bona fide reality. In other words, its just dirty politics to imply what is not there based on an immature desire to play just that- dirty politics.

Thankfully, there's isn't as long of time between the next Primaries.

Timeline
Plouffe? Reps are racist?

He didn't actually say that. God forbid someone says what everyone knows: That some white folks just won't vote for a black candidate no matter what. And that those folks are more likely to be found in one of the two major parties.

Besides, camp Hillary beating on the polls that show her support being stronger within certain segments of the white population and using that as a central part of an argument that she'd be better positioned to beat McCain is no less racist than what Plouffe said here.

Now what do you call those who issue threats like"if Clinton won the nomination, blacks (92% to 8% )in favor of Barack will leave the dems?