S_AL_

Should I FAKE IT?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Shape its very kind of you to comfort me in such a time. Its a nerve wrecking experience to be honest and I have been an utter disappointment in general...I have virtually failed at everything I have tried and on the other hand, my better half is definitely smarter and has achieved a lot in a very short time. Maybe I should not pitty myself so much but for once I want to get things done right and just in time to improve my reputation with people who have to bear with me everyday. help and support..much appreciated Shape.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wait it out and present real original documents like we all do :)

You all aren't reading their question!!! In their country apaprently a document FROM the NVC is required in order to even REQUEST a police certificate! They ARE NOT contemplating making a fake police certificate! Please read people! Some countries won't even send police certificates to the person and will only send them direct to the NVC or consulate. If I were the OP, I'd find out exactly what the police authority in the beneficiary's country needs in order to procure a police certificate. Perhaps a print out from the DoS website detailing all the documents needed for standard processing, which shows obtaining a police certificate will suffice. I think it would because with the new online payment system that's what they give you in lieu of a packet. A link where you get a cover sheet as I had posted a sample of before, and then a link showing what documents are required to send. If the police authority requires anything more perhaps it'd be best to call the NVC and tell them that they'll only release that information if the NVC sends them a letter.

I answered the question. He should wait till NVC sends the letter and not fake it.

Just wait it out and present real original documents like we all do :)

I answered the question. He should wait till NVC sends the letter and not fake it.

So, you had to present a real original document to your police authority for them to release a police certificate? I only had to to go the local police station and ask for one and they mailed it to me a week later, so we don't ALL have to wait for NVC to send anything to get a police certificate. Once the online payment system becomes the official method of choice, the NVC won't even send out anything anymore with regards to the DS-230 since it would all be retrieved online. If the police authority will take a print out from the internet then all the better. Otherwise you'd probably have to make a special request to the NVC to have them send the police authority a letter requesting a police certificate. I think they have to do this in Korea, although I could be wrong...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Shape its very kind of you to comfort me in such a time. Its a nerve wrecking experience to be honest and I have been an utter disappointment in general...I have virtually failed at everything I have tried and on the other hand, my better half is definitely smarter and has achieved a lot in a very short time. Maybe I should not pitty myself so much but for once I want to get things done right and just in time to improve my reputation with people who have to bear with me everyday. help and support..much appreciated Shape.

I am also a girl, like you emotional, is why i understand what you are going through because we are all here the same here,thousand miles away from our spouse and we ended up to be so emotional and sensitive. So Cheer up, hehe you're not alone. Like you, i am also. But don't worry, everything is just a matter of "time" and everything will be okay, to be with our loved ones.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

S AL, sorry to hear that you are having these troubles. Badspellor is right on target, I'd try printing the requirements by NVC and taking that to the police to let them read for themselves that infact, it is a document requirement for the visa process. If that dosen't work (cuz some can be hard headed) then, have ur hubby call NVC maybe by chance they will provide such a letter. If none of those two works.. then you guys may have to just wait until you get the forms from NVC... But try the first two.. u never know!!! And no this dosent count as faking anything.

Good luck to you.. let us know how it goes... :luv:

Edited by kitty loves moudi

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The information she needs is posted--for just this reason--on the NVC website--from the State Dept Website. . . all you have to do is search the document requirements from that site, it is generally available and everyone gets the same package. . .here is the description for Islamabad. No need to "fake"

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplement...L-0001-0802.pdf

and here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

By the way, for my husband's Pakistani Certificate, they did not ask for a letter. In fact, he didn't even have to request it personally, his family just had to take a passport style photo to the local police and ask for a certificate stating no record.

Edited by emt103c

Timeline

I can not thank you all enough for all the support. Shape (its awfully comforting reading your post). Kitty, thank you for the reassurance because at times all we need is a little push from people who know whats going on and it helps a lot. emt103c, thanks tons for the posts. I am sure you know the dodgy system here too well. With the right people taking care of the documents at government offices...anything is possible but in my case, even though I have nothing to be afraid of, it seems like a really tough task getthing this one certificate!

I'll definitely keep you all posted. Thanks again for all the help!

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have exactly same problem where my wife lives in a part of India. Police department requires some physical document from Embassy or interview letter before issuing police certificate. There are several people in my area now e-mailing local Embassy to send them letter as a proof and having success. You can do exactly same.

Also when you request police certificate then you can use this cover letter template to make police department aware that NVC has changed process. You can found cover letter posted here. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1786154

Good luck. Keep us posted.

:time: Also please fill your timeline in vj :time:

USCIS

02/01/2008 : Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lock Box via Priority Mail

02/04/2008 : I-130 reached Chicago 2:18 AM

02/19/2008 : NOA1

02/20/2008 : $355 check cashed

02/25/2008 : Case available to view online

08/26/2008 : Email: Case will transfer to CSC

08/27/2008 : Notice Sent: Case will transfer to CSC

09/04/2008 : Email: Case arrived and pending at CSC

09/05/2008 : Touch

09/08/2008 : Touch

09/23/2008 : Approved !!! (217 days | 31 weeks) from NOA 1 (235 days | 33 weeks) from file

09/24/2008 : Touch

NVC

09/29/2008 : NVC received Case & Case # assigned

10/03/2008 : DS-3032 & I-864 Fee bill generated

10/04/2008 : E-mail for Choice of Agent sent

10/09/2008 : I-864 Fee bill instruction received in mail

10/09/2008 : I-864 Fee bill ($70) submitted online

10/10/2008 : I-864 Fee bill shows status "PAID"

10/14/2008 : I-864EZ Package sent via priority mail

10/16/2008 : I-864EZ Package reached NVC

10/16/2008 : E-mail for Choice of Agent accepted. (12 days)

10/16/2008 : IV Fee bill ($400) submitted online

10/17/2008 : IV Fee bill accepted

11/13/2008 : DS-230 Package mailed to NVC (Had to wait for PCC)

11/18/2008 : DS-230 Package reached NVC

11/21/2008 : Case Complete (53 days | 7 Weeks) at NVC

Consulate

01/06/2009 : Medical

01/27/2009 : Interview (361 days | 51 weeks) from file

02/09/2009 : POE (Newark)

02/21/2009 : SSN Received

02/25/2009 : Welcome Letter Received

Timeline
I have exactly same problem where my wife lives in a part of India. Police department requires some physical document from Embassy or interview letter before issuing police certificate. There are several people in my area now e-mailing local Embassy to send them letter as a proof and having success. You can do exactly same.

Also when you request police certificate then you can use this cover letter template to make police department aware that NVC has changed process. You can found cover letter posted here. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1786154

Good luck. Keep us posted.

:time: Also please fill your timeline in vj :time:

Thank you very much for the link. I am sure this topic can be helpful for others too who are going through the same phase. I wish you all the best. Thanks once again.

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

So, you had to present a real original document to your police authority for them to release a police certificate? I only had to to go the local police station and ask for one and they mailed it to me a week later, so we don't ALL have to wait for NVC to send anything to get a police certificate. Once the online payment system becomes the official method of choice, the NVC won't even send out anything anymore with regards to the DS-230 since it would all be retrieved online. If the police authority will take a print out from the internet then all the better. Otherwise you'd probably have to make a special request to the NVC to have them send the police authority a letter requesting a police certificate. I think they have to do this in Korea, although I could be wrong...

I didn´t have to show anything except my ID in order to get my police certificate and they gave it to me in a couple of seconds. The OP didn´t ask about me getting my police certificate. The OP said in his/her country the police needs a letter from NVC so that´s what they should present to the police. Not a fake.

I didn´t have to show anything except my ID in order to get my police certificate and they gave it to me in a couple of seconds. The OP didn´t ask about me getting my police certificate. The OP said in his/her country the police needs a letter from NVC so that´s what they should present to the police. Not a fake.

I know the OP didn't ask you about you getting your police certificate. The point was that we don't ALL have to wait for the NVC as you stated in your original reply. Perhaps if you did and had to wait three months after the NVC requests the DS-230, you would have approached things differently. For the record, I don't think what the OP was asking for originally was all that outrageous. Does not everyone using James's Shortcuts do the same thing? Creating official NVC documents that they were going to receive anyway but creating them ahead of time to save time in the mail? I think the alternatives that myself and others have presented to the OP in this thread sure beat waiting it out.

I know the OP didn't ask you about you getting your police certificate. The point was that we don't ALL have to wait for the NVC as you stated in your original reply. Perhaps if you did and had to wait three months after the NVC requests the DS-230, you would have approached things differently. For the record, I don't think what the OP was asking for originally was all that outrageous. Does not everyone using James's Shortcuts do the same thing? Creating official NVC documents that they were going to receive anyway but creating them ahead of time to save time in the mail? I think the alternatives that myself and others have presented to the OP in this thread sure beat waiting it out.

If I had to wait for something only 3 months I´d be happy. There is no way I would start faking something just cuz of only 3 months of wait. I don´t know what James´s shortcut is but I know one thing. The OP got married a couple of months ago. They even already have their NOA2. That´s pretty fast in my eyes. If they wanna fake something that´s their choice. But if they need to ask fake or not to fake, I say not to fake and there is no way anybody can make me advice them to fake something :)

If I had to wait for something only 3 months I´d be happy. There is no way I would start faking something just cuz of only 3 months of wait. I don´t know what James´s shortcut is but I know one thing. The OP got married a couple of months ago. They even already have their NOA2. That´s pretty fast in my eyes. If they wanna fake something that´s their choice. But if they need to ask fake or not to fake, I say not to fake and there is no way anybody can make me advice them to fake something :)

So you would have been happy waiting 273+ days for your visa instead of 183? To each their own I guess! If there's a legal way I could NOT delay my case three months I think you know what I'd do. Perhaps calling it "fake" was a poor choice of words. It's no more fake than printing out your own forms off the internet rather than waiting for the NVC or whomever to send them to you (who often send out expired forms even!). If you'd just rather wait for everything to be mailed to you and fill it out when it comes, I'll have a drink for you as you're a much more patient person than I!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.