Haonie

Interviewed, Blue then Green then Pink.!!

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
OK, so that's a little scary. They ask for things they already have. Typical government, I guess.

Anyway, if I may ask, how do they get what they want at the pre-screen? Do they ask for certain things, or do you just hand over the whole 20 pound stack of documents, and they take what they want and give the rest back to you?

At Thi's interview, the Vietnamese woman asked for certain "required" docs and didn't want anything else. Which included asking for the Singles Certificate not listed in the Packet 4 letter. The woman didn't want to see any evidence of the relationship, just the forms, birth certificates, etc.

It is a little scary as it seems there's little consistancy at HCMC.

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Edited by PeterFB

Timeline

wow, those are some crazy interview questions. "what is your fiance's favorite movie?" wth?!?! i don't even know what my favorite movie is, in fact i don't even have a favorite movie. the exact place you will register your marriage license? we probably wont even decide that until she arrives in LA. we might do it at a courthouse here in LA or may do the Las Vegas weekend wedding thing. sorry, but some of the questions i read about are rediculous.

Our Photo Album

.png

---------------

Hieu & Craig's K1 Timeline

4-7-08 I-129F sent

4-9-08 NOA1 received

8-13-08 NOA2 received

9-15-08 Packet 3 received

9-29-08 Packet 3 returned

10-15-08 Packet 4 received

11-24-08 Interview-Passed

4-23-09 Arrived in Los Angeles

6-18-09 Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes, for sure if it was my interview, I'd get the blue slip for sure, just making wisecracks about the questions.

Trying to inject some humor into this situation, I forwarded Haonie's questions to my fiancee, and she was so worried because she didn't know anything about Kentucky other than KFC either, and she couldn't understand why they would ask her questions about Kentucky. She said that maybe Kentucky was such a famous place in the U.S., but not so famous in Vietnam. I told her, trying to suppress a laugh, that they will not ask her any questions about Kentucky in her interview, but they might ask her questions about Iowa. I guess we're all under a lot of pressure.

And I guess I'd better pick a favorite movie. I don't have one, either.

Edited by Melrose Plant

Timeline
Finally, I got the pink today.

My fiance had an interview on April 24. The interview was about 5 minutes then the blue slip gave out, please submit your time-line. I turned in time-line at 1:00 clock, then the green slip gave out (birth certificates). Friday 25, at 1:00, again I turned in Birth Certificates (myself, fiance, parents both side). Pink was given out. We plan leave VN on May 13. I will post details later. I couldn't sleep for couple days, i'm so tired now. Thanks all for support me. Good luck to everyone.

Haonie

Congratulations to the both of you on getting the pink slip. It must have seen like an eternity. Best of luck on your future together. Have a safe trip back to the US with your loved one.

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

You should let your fiance know your city, your state "what are the famous things on your state". I didn't let my fiance know about it (because I did know it), but it was lucky that she knew the KFC. Here are the questions you should prepare, your hobbies, favorites, color. My fiance was so anxious, because she can't spell it.

Make sure you know where you will register your license. You will never know what the questions they will ask. So, be prepare.

Peter,

Yes, he was a young man around 30 years old, slim, tall 5.11 or 6.0, beard/mustache, his face small. His face is always smile (why blue, doesn't make sense.:-)...). I remembered him because he was the one interviewed my fiance, and approved my case with blue and green slip.

Again, thanks so much guys. Good luck to all of you.

Andy

Second K1: I-129F Timeline

--------------------

Sept 15, 2007: I-129F sent to VSC

Sept 24, 2007: NOA1 hard copy received

Jan 25, 2008: Approved

Feb 01, 2008: NOA2 hard copy received

April 24, 20008: Interviewed

May 06, 2008: Received Visa

May 11, 2008: Entry to US "Chicago"

May 15, 2008: Registered Marriage's license

Sept 19, 2008: Received Green Card w/o interview

=========================

***Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

June 19,2010 - I751 Package sent to VSC

June 28,2010 - Received NOA1

July 07, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 09, 2010 - Approved w/o Interview

August 19, 2010 - 10 Year Green Card Received

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Feb 2012 - Received U.S Citizenship

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Finally, I got the pink today.

My fiance had an interview on April 24. The interview was about 5 minutes then the blue slip gave out, please submit your time-line. I turned in time-line at 1:00 clock, then the green slip gave out (birth certificates). Friday 25, at 1:00, again I turned in Birth Certificates (myself, fiance, parents both side). Pink was given out. We plan leave VN on May 13. I will post details later. I couldn't sleep for couple days, i'm so tired now. Thanks all for support me. Good luck to everyone.

Haonie

Congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

You should let your fiance know your city, your state "what are the famous things on your state". I didn't let my fiance know about it (because I did know it), but it was lucky that she knew the KFC. Here are the questions you should prepare, your hobbies, favorites, color. My fiance was so anxious, because she can't spell it.

Make sure you know where you will register your license. You will never know what the questions they will ask. So, be prepare.

Peter,

Yes, he was a young man around 30 years old, slim, tall 5.11 or 6.0, beard/mustache, his face small. His face is always smile (why blue, doesn't make sense.:-)...). I remembered him because he was the one interviewed my fiance, and approved my case with blue and green slip.

Andy

Update.

When I first time read the blue slip, I was so confused because my time-line has already included. Plus, my fiance tried to ask me to rewrite the time-line. I then explained it to her, if I rewrited it, it will be the same, because my time-line was very clear, I listed date by date. I believe that CO forgot to read my time-line.

This is what I guess, if you case is too perfect, it will be the questions. Trust me, you won't see a lot of pink slip nowadays.

Haonie

P.S: favorite movie: she should say, "Tom and Jerry". that was my favorite movie :-).

Second K1: I-129F Timeline

--------------------

Sept 15, 2007: I-129F sent to VSC

Sept 24, 2007: NOA1 hard copy received

Jan 25, 2008: Approved

Feb 01, 2008: NOA2 hard copy received

April 24, 20008: Interviewed

May 06, 2008: Received Visa

May 11, 2008: Entry to US "Chicago"

May 15, 2008: Registered Marriage's license

Sept 19, 2008: Received Green Card w/o interview

=========================

***Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

June 19,2010 - I751 Package sent to VSC

June 28,2010 - Received NOA1

July 07, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 09, 2010 - Approved w/o Interview

August 19, 2010 - 10 Year Green Card Received

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Feb 2012 - Received U.S Citizenship

Timeline

Peter,

Andy

Haonie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with this information. I think that it will certainly help. I would have never guessed that they would ask such questions. I am now thinking out of the box and composing a list of any possible questions that may be asked which are not on the Word doc that a member attached.

Thanks again and I wish you and yours the best of luck.

Jeff

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congratulations and best of luck on the continued journey!

STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Timeline

The questions they ask at the interview are usually based on your I-129f. Everything including the state you're from can generate a question. The question about what is your favorite movie is more of a general test question, there's no right or wrong answer unless you have put "Spiderman III" is my favorite movie that we have watched together on DVD or something like that in your petition. :lol: The same is true for where you will get married, license, etc. Just answer the questions truefully.

In Thi's case, he asked her about what my hobbies are then asked where was my favorite place to ski (one of my hobbies). Her answer was "I don't remember" which is true since I never told her I had one. However in my I-129f I did include a reference to going to ski at Mammonth Mountain and chatting with Thi from my motel room where she chatted with the friends I went skiing with.

I think part of the problem is the Consulate doesn't want you to submit items it doesn't ask for. They seem to ignore them, then if they decide they want that information, ask you for it then. It's a government trait, they want a paper trail that they understand. So when they want information, they gave you a notice (blue slip, for example), then in the file they have your answer to their request. It makes sense to them..... :wacko:

Andy

Thi thinks from your description, he interviewed her as well. He seems to like to ask questions first about something general, then follows up asking a more specific question based on the first question.

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.