fleur

Any help/idea… I need my NSO BC be corrected

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I live here in Davao but I was born in General Santos City. My bf name forgiven suggested me to join on this site coz it may help me what to do to be able to get a corrected one and to get a clearer copy coz everytime I get my NSO BC it is not clear also and its not almost readable. My NSO BC has many descripancies like no entry of my place of birth, incorrect lastname of my father, incomplete year…that makes me worried since I am applying for a passport as well as getting a K1 visa soon..pls let me know where I should go first or what to do first and know how long would it take to get my NSO BC which is already a corrected one and be clearer and readable coz, this may cause problem soon and the US embassy might not accept it which may trigger in delaying in applying for a fiancée visa. Any help would be appreciated…

First. . go to the Local Registrar's Office of the place where you were born ( Gen. Santos - assuming you were registered there ) and ask for a copy of your birth certificate or you can ask a relative to get the same since you are already in Davao. Then compare the entries to the one issued by the NSO. Since you are in Davao, I am sure there is an NSO office there. Bring both documents and I am sure whatever the discrepancies are the NSO will give you the advice on the steps to take in order to rectify the mistakes. If worst comes to worst, you may have to file a petition before the court to correct the entries.

Goodluck

Myla

Edited by jom

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Agreed to Ate Myla, first go to the local registrar's office of your Municipality where you had a birth certificate record, then request for a certified true copy of your birth certificate from them. This is the first step (to go to your municipality where your BC underly and request for certified true copy), before you can do the next steps regarding of corrections to the NSO. Good luck.

-Shape

Edited by SHAPE OF MY HEART

I second Myla's advise. :thumbs:

I have friends who've had problems with their BC: incorrect father's first name, incorrect birth date, incorrect spelling of name, incorrect first name(name different from the one on baptismal certificate), incorrect gender.

the spelling corrections and father's name correction was easily amended, the one who had it harder was the incorrect birth date and incorrect gender, it took 6months and several publication to the local newspaper where they were born and then court appearance and then the one who had incorrect gender even had to undergo check up by a medical doctor during court proceeding.

My son don't have middle name on his BC... and i don't know why i never noticed it for 8 long years... the DFA consul in Davao was the one who pointed it out when I applied for a passport for them last January. Thankfully it didn't cause any problem at all, they just said that they would need to follow what was in the BC and omit my son's middle name in the passport. they also assured me that it won't be a problem at USEM. I already received my renewed passport and my kids passport first week of march.

As for illegible (hard to read) BC... i have ordered BC many times in the past and didn't have problem but last January it was just too blurry. I posted it (vented actually) on the NSO guest book (http://www.census.gov.ph/data/guestbook/index.html) After a week, i received and email from the Civil Registration Dept. chief, Lourdes Hufana, with instructions on what to do.

I'm sure, everything will be sorted out for you. Replied to your Pm btw. :thumbs:

God be your guide always.

Edited by dbears

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi, I live here in Davao but I was born in General Santos City. My bf name forgiven suggested me to join on this site coz it may help me what to do to be able to get a corrected one and to get a clearer copy coz everytime I get my NSO BC it is not clear also and its not almost readable. My NSO BC has many descripancies like no entry of my place of birth, incorrect lastname of my father, incomplete year…that makes me worried since I am applying for a passport as well as getting a K1 visa soon..pls let me know where I should go first or what to do first and know how long would it take to get my NSO BC which is already a corrected one and be clearer and readable coz, this may cause problem soon and the US embassy might not accept it which may trigger in delaying in applying for a fiancée visa. Any help would be appreciated…

hello fleur!

foxyroxy here. i had a problem with my name too and i had to file a petition on correction of name. let me share with you this link:

http://www.census.gov.ph/CARAGA/HTML/RA9048.htm

it discusses RA9048 wherein i think you are covered due to clerical errors. my advise is do not go to lawyers as they will tell you all sorts of things and charge you exorbitant fees. your case is very simple and falls under this RA9048. Proceed to your LCRO and consult the local civil registrar (who is also a lawyer). he will tell you what steps to take. mine took only a month. kelangan tutukan mo kasi if you don't tatagal ng 3 months. make sure you know and understand all the procedures that will be taken and make a timeline. doing this will help lessen the stress of waiting. don't worry. it's easier than you think. do it the earliest that you can.

good luck and you are in my prayers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everybody,

This is forgiven, fleur's b/f. I have an update that we are excited about. She is at Gensan now and got the supplement report of her place of birth, the certificate in Puericlutire center where she was born, and the affidavit and the remarks so now she can reapply for her passport.

Also she went to the local civil registrar office in Gensan and paid the p1200 to have her father's last name spelled correctly, have her place of birth put in, and have her year of birth put in correctly from 72 to 1972 and was told that she would get a corrected BC in a month.

I'm so excited and relieved. We will continue to post here and we are so fortunate to have found this web site.

Hi everybody,

This is forgiven, fleur's b/f. I have an update that we are excited about. She is at Gensan now and got the supplement report of her place of birth, the certificate in Puericlutire center where she was born, and the affidavit and the remarks so now she can reapply for her passport.

Also she went to the local civil registrar office in Gensan and paid the p1200 to have her father's last name spelled correctly, have her place of birth put in, and have her year of birth put in correctly from 72 to 1972 and was told that she would get a corrected BC in a month.

I'm so excited and relieved. We will continue to post here and we are so fortunate to have found this web site.

That is great news. :thumbs: So she wouldn't need to go with me to NSO next week then.

Anyway if she would still want to meet and ask for visa info or tips on places to bring you or hotels to stay when you finally visit Philippines, I would gladly be of assistance.

God be your guide and may He give you wisdom always.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.