bluegreen

Heinz Baked Beans

127 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I want Ribena. All your diluting drinks, squash and what's the fancier kind called?...whatever elderberry sort of flavors, etc. Never see those in the US. I don't think we get anything like that. Kool-Aid and ####### sure though xD Mmm kool-aid.

When our town's Walmart first opened everyone in my high school pitched a fit and petitioned the principle's office wanting the day off to celebrate it. You HAVE to wear PJ bottoms when you go to Walmart, I don't know why, it is the rule. But all these "dirty" people everybody talks about, I don't get that...we are all pretty slumming sloppy looking yeh but not dirty. Well maybe at 2 am :D

I never really go to Big Lots but I totally should. My bro-in-law is a manager there so he gets the Big Lots prices, and then he gets like...everything when it gets marked down from that price by like 85% because they can't get rid of it, and then he gets like whatever employee discount is. So he ends up with a kitchen table and chair set for like 15 cents or something all the time :P

Whoever said they'll miss Waitross...here in the US I'm pretty sure supermarkets are regional, and I don't know where you're moving. But where I'm at I LOVE Ingles, beautiful produce and fresh section, ever growing supply of organic food and the price is getting so much cheaper (4 years ago NO organic food in the southeast at all), etc. Here in Charleston we get Harris Teeter which is also good but more uppity and arbitrarily expensive. I think Public and Whole Foods are both national though and most people like them though I never go...

Don't worry though tons of stores like Waitross :) Waitross's salad bar sucks...as there's no like...salad in it.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

don't blame the US for those weird breakfast-in-a-can tins, they have them here too! and spaghetti hoops in a can and all sorts of things in a can. You just didn't notice it ;)

oh i totally forgot about trader joes and wholefoods, not to mention the awesome (that's right, I said awesome) farmer's markets. but do they have proper beans?

The UK Wiki

Filed: Timeline
I want Ribena. All your diluting drinks, squash and what's the fancier kind called?...whatever elderberry sort of flavors, etc. Never see those in the US. I don't think we get anything like that. Kool-Aid and ####### sure though xD Mmm kool-aid.

You can pretty much get Ribena anywhere. Check Publix, Harris Teeter, Whole Foods. It should be there.

don't blame the US for those weird breakfast-in-a-can tins, they have them here too! and spaghetti hoops in a can and all sorts of things in a can. You just didn't notice it ;)

Oh. I thought we WERE talking about breakfast-in-a-tin from the UK. I didn't know they had them here. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
don't blame the US for those weird breakfast-in-a-can tins, they have them here too!

I bet we can still blame the US for them ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

I love heinz beans and I didn't think I would find any that tasted the same.... BUT I bought some Bush beans... They were a certain flavour.. I can't think what now! But they really didn't taste all that different! They could have been the original ones...

And yes... We do like talking about food :D Not as much as duvets though :dance:

So true - and I love it! This is the oddest forum, but I like to think it reflects what is truly important in the average Briton's life. :P

Well, I am glad I could bring about this discussion on such a relevant and important topic....thank you all so much for your insightful, timely commentary on this hot-button issue....I clearly came to the right place!

If any of you are ever interested in lively debate over Tim Horton's coffee and the lack of US equivilant, the wonder of never-ending soda refills, the weather, or the correct way to spell things or use your knife and fork, please feel free to venture over to the Canadian forum.

:o How did I not realise that the Canadians are so similar to us?

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Don't mean to butt in, but...do they have breakfast in a can back in the States? Glyn loves it (he even takes it for his dinner at work) but I never noticed them when I lived in New Hampshire. He will be very happy to know that.

As long as he has his HP brown sauce and all day breakfast in a can... :thumbs:

10/26/03 Met in Yahoo chat room
06-2004 Glyn flies to Boston for 2 week holiday with me in White Mountains
06/07/2006- HE PROPOSES!!
12/13/2006- Glyn and Simon the best man fly in for wedding.
December 16,2006- Happiest day of my life
12/25/2006- Best and worst Christmas ever. Glyn flies back to England at 6 pm Christmas Night.
02/19/2007- UK spousal visa approved in NY after only 4 days.
March 2,2007- Reunited in England with Glyn.
01/21/2008-mailed I-130 to USCIS in London
01/24/2008-NOA1
04/13/2008-Panic. RFE received
April 17, 2008-Mailed off again.
April 22, 2008-NOA2 received dated April 21, 2008.
April 26, 2008-Packet 3 received
April 28, 2008-Mailed off DS-230
May06,2008-Packet 3 sent
May 08, 2008-Medical scheduled
May 22,2008-Packet 4 received
June 03,2008-Interview APPROVED!!!!!

June 04, 2008-Visa in hand
June 20, 2008-Shippers come for our things.
June 25, 2008-Flying to the USA
November 15, 2010-Sent off VERY late I-751 along with many prayers.
04/09/2011-10 year GC arrives in mail.
09/08/2011-Glyn leaves for UK
01/30/2012-Biometrics for UK spousal & dependent visas sent out w/ application same day
02/24/2012-UK settlement visas issued

04/16/2013-I-130 sent off-----04/19/2013 NOA1

05/15/2013-NOA2

Never received packet 3 although it was mailed to us on May 29th

07/17/2013-Sent off packet 3 after finally getting ALL our documents together

08/19/2013-Medical scheduled (there were earlier appointments but unfortunately, we couldn't get there for them due to hubby's work)

09/24/2013-Interview APPROVED

11/01/2013-POE BOSTON

01/13/2014-10 Year green card received

03/09/2019- Sent I-130 to Chicago lock box for step-son

03/20/2019- NOA 1

08/10/2019-NOA 2

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Try out Kroger's Vegetarian Beans in Tomato sauce. This is the only place I can find beans without any other ####### in it like pork and brown sugar stuff.

They are literally the same as Heinz, much nicer than Bush's and around 40c a can. Kroger do also have an International section (they sell Heinz as do World Market and online places but charge nearly $2.00 a can).

Jo & Michael

K1

29th Jun 03 - Applied for I-129f

12th Jan 05 - Interview at Embassy

AOS

20th Apr 05 - Mailed AOS and paperwork to Chicago.

27th Oct 05 - Received Green Card in Mail (2 yr Conditional)

I-751

24th Jul 07 - Mailed I-751 to TSC

27th Jul 07 - I-751 Received at TSC (Transferred to CSC)

17th Aug 07 - Check Cleared

20th Aug 07 - NOA received (2 NOA's both with dif. receipt #'s for the same thing hmmm..)

30th Aug 07 - ACS Biometrics letters received

21st Sep 07 - Biometrics appointment at Charlotte

1st Nov 07 - Case status online reads "Card production ordered"

3rd Nov 07 - Greencard received in mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Our old Kroger had the international section. It was great. Unfortunately we've moved and our Kroger now is kind of ghetto. Still, we only moved 10 miles :lol:

Oh and Target is just awesome. I love Target. I try not to go to Walmart because it creeps me out. Hubby bought a mullet wig around Halloween time and wore it to Walmart (complete with mirrored aviators) and seriously, no one gave him a second glance! It was a perm mullet wig..... he looked like a reject from some hair metal/ glam rock band :rofl: - but that's what most people look like in Walmart.

:lol: Ew!

I've not actually seen a Walmart - but I've been to Target several times and have liked it. Alex used to work in one! :P

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

There is nothing wrong with Walmart. They're all just snobs ^^^ :hehe:

(Joking!!!)

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

I love heinz beans and I didn't think I would find any that tasted the same.... BUT I bought some Bush beans... They were a certain flavour.. I can't think what now! But they really didn't taste all that different! They could have been the original ones...

And yes... We do like talking about food :D Not as much as duvets though :dance:

So true - and I love it! This is the oddest forum, but I like to think it reflects what is truly important in the average Briton's life. :P

Well, I am glad I could bring about this discussion on such a relevant and important topic....thank you all so much for your insightful, timely commentary on this hot-button issue....I clearly came to the right place!

If any of you are ever interested in lively debate over Tim Horton's coffee and the lack of US equivilant, the wonder of never-ending soda refills, the weather, or the correct way to spell things or use your knife and fork, please feel free to venture over to the Canadian forum.

:o How did I not realise that the Canadians are so similar to us?

We are a very confusing blend of similar and not similar:)

Concurrent I-130 and AOS

Nov 30 2007 - I enter US as a tourist to spend the ski season with my sweetie and figure out what we both want outta life - we plan on ending up in Canada, but...

Jan 30 2008 - We get married in Vegas! We decide to stay in the US.

Feb 08 2008 - File I-130, I-485, AP and EAD

Feb 11 2008 - Package arrives in Chicago

Feb 19 2008 - Receive NOA 1 for everything except I-485. NOA date Feb 15th

Feb 19 2008 - Touch I-130, AP, EAD

Feb 21 2008 - Receive I-485 NOA 1. NOA Date Feb 15th

Feb 22 2008 - Receive Biometrics notice, dated Feb 20th, for appointment March 11th

Feb 27 2008 - Walk in to Denver field office and have Biometrics taken early as the 11th March I'll be away

Apr 16 2008 - EAD card production ordered

Apr 16 2008 - AP approval sent

Apr 21 2008 - AP received in mail

Apr 21 2008 - EAD card production email received again - strange

Apr 24 2008 - EAD card approval notice sent email

Apr 26 2008 - EAD card received

May 03 2008 - Interview notice received -June 27th

May 22 2008 - Touch on I-485

June 09 2008 - I-130 finally shows up online and shows a touch that day, so does I-485

Jun 27 2008 - Interview - approved, stamped, received card production email. Ya-hoo!!!!

July 10 2008 - Card received

Total time from filing - approval: 4.5 months

MOVED TO SAN DIEGO!!

Lifting of Conditions

June 11 2010 - Package mailed

June 16 2010 - NOA date

July 2 2010 - Bio letter received - July 27th date

July 9 2010 - Early biometrics walk in San Marcos CA

Sept 16 2010 - Card production ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Noooo, we don't get breakfast in a can here, we WERE talking about the UK. At least I've certainly never seen it in the US and I'd better not ever either xD

It seems like the Scots have a huge affinity for sausage too. Another bombshell for you guys. No good sausage here :( Or maybe if you go to gourmet butcher's shops there is. But say bye bye to your bangers and mash and huge meaty breakfasts. Oh and our cheese sucks too apparently because of some pasteurization rules so that's gone as well :rolleyes:

If you've been to Asda you've been to Walmart. Seriously. Same.

And the Harris Teeter around here doesn't have no Ribena :'( Even the little cafe that has some brit imports doesn't have it. They just try to sell me McVities digestives for like $5 a packet, #######. They won't even order chocolate hobnobs they just order skank plain digestives! Grrr! But I haven't checked Whole Foods or Publix, will have to do :)

Beanie Weenies really is like the further thing possible from Heinz beans you can get :lol: But they're cute.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: Timeline
Noooo, we don't get breakfast in a can here, we WERE talking about the UK. At least I've certainly never seen it in the US and I'd better not ever either xD

It seems like the Scots have a huge affinity for sausage too. Another bombshell for you guys. No good sausage here :( Or maybe if you go to gourmet butcher's shops there is. But say bye bye to your bangers and mash and huge meaty breakfasts. Oh and our cheese sucks too apparently because of some pasteurization rules so that's gone as well :rolleyes:

Yep. Crappy sausage, crappy cheese. :( But there's a gourmet cheese shop which has opened about 45 minutes from me, so I'll have to check it out. :)

And the Harris Teeter around here doesn't have no Ribena :'( Even the little cafe that has some brit imports doesn't have it. They just try to sell me McVities digestives for like $5 a packet, #######. They won't even order chocolate hobnobs they just order skank plain digestives! Grrr! But I haven't checked Whole Foods or Publix, will have to do :)

See if you can find an Indian grocers. They always have it. :thumbs:

The McVities (and hobnobs and etc) are pretty cheap at World Market. The Maltesers are pretty expensive though. :angry:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.