Ricca711

Pre-Interview Questions

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Zee I am older....and you are on punishment!!!

I got the info ladies and the PM's. I am at work and will respond this evening when Big Brother is not watching.

Thanks guys!!!!!

Don't worry ladies...I am here to save the day :D

The medicals need to be completed at least 3 weeks before the interview only so that you make sure to get the results. Inusah got his about 10 days after going to the medical but they do say to wait 2 weeks I think. Samuel will have to take the results with him to the interview, they no longer send them from the clinic.

What we did was we had the medicals at Holy Trinity, the vaccinations at Akai House and blood test at Medlabs. They will do all kinds of tests as required by the US government including HIV and drug tests. You can do the vaccinations and medicals at Akai House and the lab tests at Medlabs but that ends up being more expensive (by 30 or so Ghana cedis). Inusah did not make an appointment, he just went and waited but he managed to get everything done in one day.

Don't worry about not getting all the vaccinations done in time. The people at Akai House will give you a completed vaccination worksheet which will be accepted by the embassy but your fiance will have to go back at later dates to get everything done. If not, when he comes to the US you may have to finish the series.

I will also PM you the phone number for Mr. Ray. He is a nurse at Holy Trinity who is basically the guru of everything related to US immigration. He was very helpful when Inusah went. I'm sure Samuel can get some answers from him.

Timeline
:cry:

Praise the Lord! He said where two or three are gathered together in MY name...there I will be also! I am crying and Praising the Lord right here in my office. Samuel made the call and it will be taken care of tomorrow. Praise His Holy Name...I thank God for each and everyone of you. You guys are the best!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good for you!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline
That African Time is a killer, isn't it? I remember I used to freak out like crazy when all of the paperwork handling was in his control. Zainab, I'm a big control freak, too (when it comes to paperwork and getting things done) and he loves to take his slow time. The whole visa process is stressful by iteself and his "get it done whenever" attitude used to send me over the edge, lol. He would wait until the last minute to get his medical done, he would wait until the last minute to do this or do that. He would wait until the last minute to do everything!!!!

Well, okay, so maybe it wasn't exactly last minute, but I felt that it would be better to have everything done way ahead of time, while he felt that he could wait. It would drive me insane. We would schedule for him to drop his forms off at the embassy and I'd call him only to find out that he got there too late because he decided to shop first. :angry::bonk: Then of course, he would be busy for the next 2 days and couldn't drop it off until later in the week. That used to boil my blood. He was so relaxed through the whole thing, while I was over here having a fit and ready to fly to Liberia to do it myself. *deep breaths, Shaun...count to 10*

Sorry, I'm just getting a bit worked up over this again, lol. Ya'll had me having flashbacks for a second.

Thats ok girl....have your flashback. LOL! Its good to know someone understands.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ok, apparently things have changed since we went through everything. When we went he couldn't bring his own medical records, they had to go striaght from the doctor's office. This was a major cause of delay. Perhaps that's why they changed it. Also about about the vaccinations. Some of us got through without all the vaccinations being done and others did not. It was like a good day bad day situation.

I would get everything done as soon as possible.

K-1 (more detail in profile):

05-25-05 - Applied for I-129F

06-07-05 - Approved

12-01-05 - Picked up visa!!

AOS:

12-25-05 - Flight lands at JFK - EAD stamp

05-15-06 - Green card received!! Woo-hoo!!!

05-09-07 - Our first son born!

Removal of Conditions

01-29-08 - Mailed Removal of Conditions Application (overnight)

02-07-08 - Check Cashed

02-08-08 - NOA1

03-12-08 - Biometrics

12-12-08 - Card production ordered! Yay!

12-30-08 - 10 year card received! Yay!

Naturalization

01-12-10 - Mailed application

01-20-10 - NOA

02-16-10 - Biometrics

04-21-10 - Interview

04-21-10 - Oath ceremony - US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Lol lol I really enjoyed reading all the responses back to Ricca's question.

And on our Ghanian men driving us crazy, Ricca I know exactly how you feel!!! :yes:

And Bassi you said your a control freak, gurl I am apart of the members only club too because I want total control of almost everything my booboo do which he ain't having that. I want to fill out the forms for him and send it back, I want to tell him what outfit to wear for the interview, I even want to tell him how long he should pray every night lol :lol: Because our day is so close, I keep calling my beloved every chance I can to remind him about something I may have forgotten in an earlier convo and one day one of my co-workers said to me..."Gurl, I swear the way you call your man, I am telling you one day he is going to go pick up the phone and the darn thing will explode because its probably over heated from so much usage!" :lol: I was LMAO!

TIME LINE

09/2007 - Gathered all documents for I-129F petition.

11/09/2007 - Sent I-129F

11/21/2007 - Package sent back to me( I forgot to sign one of my G-325A forms) I cried my eyes out but sent it next day delivery back to USCIS.

11/27/2007 - Received NOA1

02/13/2008 - Received NOA2

02/20/2008 - Package left NVC

02/22/2008 - Case uploaded into Ghana consulate data system

04/08/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 sent to fiance

04/16/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 received by fiance

06/24/2008 - Interview date (God blessings on this day)

06/24/2008 - DENIED visa at interview

06/25/2008 - APPROVED visa at 2nd interview with senior consulate

06/27/2008 - Picked up VISA

07/03/2008 - Fiance entered USA at JFK POE & Got EAD Stamp in passport

07/18/2008 - Married

08/07/2008 - Mailed AOS application

Check out pics K&A pics from Ghana: http://missymoet.hi5.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
:cry:

Praise the Lord! He said where two or three are gathered together in MY name...there I will be also! I am crying and Praising the Lord right here in my office. Samuel made the call and it will be taken care of tomorrow. Praise His Holy Name...I thank God for each and everyone of you. You guys are the best!

Thank God! Go Sammy, Go Sammy!!!!! :thumbs:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Timeline
the darn thing will explode because its probably over heated from so much usage!" :lol: I was LMAO!

:blink:

Oh my God! I just was wondering about that because my phone gets so hot. But Bassi said it's just the battery getting hot and not to worry about it. What if something like that could really happen? Lord, you just gave me something else to worry about. :wacko:

AOS

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
the darn thing will explode because its probably over heated from so much usage!" :lol: I was LMAO!

Oh my God! I just was wondering about that because my phone gets so hot. But Bassi said it's just the battery getting hot and not to worry about it. What if something like that could really happen? Lord, you just gave me something else to worry about. :wacko:

Until Inusah's phone explodes I don't think we are going to stop on our extra long conversations...5 hours is a long time :whistle:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Until Inusah's phone explodes I don't think we are going to stop on our extra long conversations...5 hours is a long time :whistle:

I was talking on the phone and cooking and it fell in a pot of stew! I had to hang up! Can you believe it? After I cleaned off the phone I called back, of course, but my phone has really had a rough time of it. I decided not to get a new one until he's here. What's the point of destroying another phone already?

AOS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
I was talking on the phone and cooking and it fell in a pot of stew! I had to hang up! Can you believe it? After I cleaned off the phone I called back, of course, but my phone has really had a rough time of it. I decided not to get a new one until he's here. What's the point of destroying another phone already?

:o

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.