Ricca711

Pre-Interview Questions

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello All,

I just have a few questions that are really on my mind.

1. How far in advance should my fiance' complete his exam. Samuel, just keeps saying, "I have everything under control". But I am losing it over it not knowing.

2. If, I call either one of the facilities where they conduct the medical exam will they tell me if he has been there?

3. How are the results sent to the embassy? Does Samuel take them or are they delivered and how long does that take?

4. I have heard they test for HIV. Do they test for drugs?

Any advice is so appreciated.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hello All,

1. How far in advance should my fiance' complete his exam. Samuel, just keeps saying, "I have everything under control". But I am losing it over it not knowing.

2. If, I call either one of the facilities where they conduct the medical exam will they tell me if he has been there?

3. How are the results sent to the embassy? Does Samuel take them or are they delivered and how long does that take?

Thanks

My SO did his medical as soon as he got packet 3. I'm not sure if they will tell you or not. They will give him a sealed envelope to take to the embassy with him. I believe they do test for drugs but I'm not positive. They test for HIV and TB for sure.

Hope this helps.

09/03/08 - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

09/10/08 - Picked up visa

09/20/08 - Arrived in the US - WHOOOOHOOOOO!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hello All,

I would say to be on the safe side at least 1 month/4weeks

I am not sure about that one. Sorry.

Samuel will take it to the embassy. It will be in a sealed envelope that should not be opened by anyone but an immigration officer at the day of his interview.

Yes. They do test for drugs. One of the biggest issues people have is with weed. He shouldn't even be around anyone who smokes just in case ...to be on the safe side.

One of my friends filed for her husband and when the medical results came in, they detected drugs in his system. He smoked weed. As a result they told him that he had to wait 3 more years to have an interview. She was pissed. She wanted to kill him :bonk:

Thanks

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hello All,

Thanks

Ricca, girl, don't I know how you feel. We are control freaks! Especially when we've been in control for sooooo long! And Bassi is just as "difficult" as Samuel. They do things on African time (west indians work in the same time zone actually) and it drives me absolutely CRAZY!!! :wacko: I have such a hard time letting Bassi take care of things. Like right now, he has to finish painting his mother's house. He still hasn't finished it. He's been painting this house for two weeks! TWO WEEKS!! I know he has to work and play football and watch football, etc, etc. But why hasn't he finished. And why is it driving me so CRAZY??!!??!! Because I'm an american control freak! Lord have mercy, I have a problem, I can admit it. Anywhoo......the vaccinations take three visits and the second visit is like three weeks after the first, so it's best to get on it quickly. No reason to wait too unreasonably long. I'm trying to get Bassi to understand that if he does it right away it'll be done and he won't have to worry about it anymore. But the logic escapes him. He says that it makes sense, but he's not changing the way he "decided" to handle it. Darn men!!! They are supposed to give you your results in a sealed envelope that you don't open until you get to the interview at the embassy. They do test for drugs. And if you fail, you're screwed. While, I don't think they have HIPPA laws, I do think they have pay me for my time rules that would probably prevent them from being bothered with a nosy wife calling to find out what her husband is doing. Sorry....you probably won't have much success getting them to tell you if he came or not. Mr. Ray at Trinity might make the effort. Everyone says he's very very nice. Including my Bassi, so you could give him a try if you wanted. Zee may have his cell number. She's much more organized than I am. If you don't find it, tell me and I'll ask Bassi for it, cause I think I deleted it from my email. Afenab sent it to me sometime last year.

Edited by Bassi and Zainab

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline

First of all...thanks guys for sending me some quick responses. Zainab...thanks for making me laugh. Cause I am getting so upset that I will purchase a ticket an go and run some !@#$ up in Accra, Ghana! Then, I will go and paint Bassi moms house if I have too! I will show them how WOMEN get down! ROFL!! :rofl:

I have a feeling that Samuel has waited till the last minute. And what makes it so bad is, that if he has...he still aint moving fast enough for me. Ladies....I just got off the phone with him and all I hear is Lazzy singing in the background. Wait...you guys need to know the players first. Lazzy is part of that Hip Hop rap group VIP. I am sure someone has heard of them. They were just here in the states...I think in New York. I wanted to tell him, to tell Lazzy to go home!!! That wasnt nice....but we have things we have to take care of. At this point, F!@K HIPPA! I am calling all day tomorrow and someone is going to tell me something!

The vaccinations take three visits! Lawd!! We have 3 weeks left and that is not including weekends. Cause I am sure they are on African Time and do not conduct medicals and vaccinations on the weekends. Thanks for letting me know the envelope needs to stay sealed. I am going to drill that into his head too. :bonk:

:wacko: Relax....relate....release...

Thanks guys...I needed to vent.

First of all...thanks guys for sending me some quick responses. Zainab...thanks for making me laugh. Cause I am getting so upset that I will purchase a ticket an go and run some !@#$ up in Accra, Ghana! Then, I will go and paint Bassi moms house if I have too! I will show them how WOMEN get down! ROFL!! :rofl:

I have a feeling that Samuel has waited till the last minute. And what makes it so bad is, that if he has...he still aint moving fast enough for me. Ladies....I just got off the phone with him and all I hear is Lazzy singing in the background. Wait...you guys need to know the players first. Lazzy is part of that Hip Hop rap group VIP. I am sure someone has heard of them. They were just here in the states...I think in New York. I wanted to tell him, to tell Lazzy to go home!!! That wasnt nice....but we have things we have to take care of. At this point, F!@K HIPPA! I am calling all day tomorrow and someone is going to tell me something!

The vaccinations take three visits! Lawd!! We have 3 weeks left and that is not including weekends. Cause I am sure they are on African Time and do not conduct medicals and vaccinations on the weekends. Thanks for letting me know the envelope needs to stay sealed. I am going to drill that into his head too. :bonk:

Plase vent if you need to, I feel your frustration. There was so much humor in that post :lol::lol::lol: Take it easy!!!!!!

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

:o Ricca, I am worried for you!! All the answers you were given are right on point as far as I remember it from Solo's medical exam and vaccinations. I'm thankful Solo told me when he did everything, I would hate the worry! Just like you all, I want to be the one in control. I think Solo did his about 3 months early. But having to make multiple trips back for this and that, took a while and I really don't believe they work on the weekends or holidays. He better get moving asap. Do you think maybe he has already finished them and thats why he says he's got it under control?

Anywho, I hope you and your son are doing well. We've not mailed each other in a long time, I need to catch you up on things ;)

Edited by knl

Timeline

:rofl:

I know exactly how you feel. Take deep breaths. Well, there is one positive, I think that you can still go through the interview even if you haven't had all your vaccinations. I'm almost sure Inusah did. Zee is off partying this weekend. She'll probably drop a note later. I think the medical is the most important part. And Akai House is open on weekends. At least on Saturday. I don't know if they do everything on Saturday, but I know they are open. I wonder if Samuel's nervous about going to the doctor. Tell him they'll give him a lollipop. :devil: And you'll give him something better when he gets home!

AOS

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Timeline

Thanks KNL....Yes we do need to catch up. My son is good...and growing into a young man. I hope all is well with you and yours. I too wonder if he has most of this stuff taken care of and I am the one in a panic. As you can see, I am up late and cant sleep. LOL. I just cant help it. I am sure you guys understand. I know you are busy with your family...but lets talk soon. Thanks again...I appreciate you.

:o Ricca, I am worried for you!! All the answers you were given are right on point as far as I remember it from Solo's medical exam and vaccinations. I'm thankful Solo told me when he did everything, I would hate the worry! Just like you all, I want to be the one in control. I think Solo did his about 3 months early. But having to make multiple trips back for this and that, took a while and I really don't believe they work on the weekends or holidays. He better get moving asap. Do you think maybe he has already finished them and thats why he says he's got it under control?

Anywho, I hope you and your son are doing well. We've not mailed each other in a long time, I need to catch you up on things ;)

Timeline

:rofl:

I know exactly how you feel. Take deep breaths. Well, there is one positive, I think that you can still go through the interview even if you haven't had all your vaccinations. I'm almost sure Inusah did. Zee is off partying this weekend. She'll probably drop a note later. I think the medical is the most important part. And Akai House is open on weekends. At least on Saturday. I don't know if they do everything on Saturday, but I know they are open. I wonder if Samuel's nervous about going to the doctor. Tell him they'll give him a lollipop. :devil: And you'll give him something better when he gets home!

Zainab...you are crazy!!! I am going to give him something allright.....He just better take care of business and get that Visa, so I can get him on US soil and handle mine!! :devil:

The vaccination part was worrying me. But you just eased my mind. And Akai House is open on the weekends. Thank you Lord. I will give them a call tomorrow to see what they are able to do on Saturdays. Samuel should not be nervous. But he did just get over Typhoid about a month ago. I will mention that in our next conversation.

Who told Zee she could take a break from her Visa Journey duties! Thats ok...she deserves it. Plus...I see that I have some God sent Angels right here with me tonight.

Thanks guys for real

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Don't worry ladies...I am here to save the day :D

The medicals need to be completed at least 3 weeks before the interview only so that you make sure to get the results. Inusah got his about 10 days after going to the medical but they do say to wait 2 weeks I think. Samuel will have to take the results with him to the interview, they no longer send them from the clinic.

What we did was we had the medicals at Holy Trinity, the vaccinations at Akai House and blood test at Medlabs. They will do all kinds of tests as required by the US government including HIV and drug tests. You can do the vaccinations and medicals at Akai House and the lab tests at Medlabs but that ends up being more expensive (by 30 or so Ghana cedis). Inusah did not make an appointment, he just went and waited but he managed to get everything done in one day.

Don't worry about not getting all the vaccinations done in time. The people at Akai House will give you a completed vaccination worksheet which will be accepted by the embassy but your fiance will have to go back at later dates to get everything done. If not, when he comes to the US you may have to finish the series.

I will also PM you the phone number for Mr. Ray. He is a nurse at Holy Trinity who is basically the guru of everything related to US immigration. He was very helpful when Inusah went. I'm sure Samuel can get some answers from him.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

:)

Are you finished partying? When you get older, you have to move the party to the living room with a bowl of popcorn and a few movies. I can't hang anymore. ;)

AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
:)

Are you finished partying? When you get older, you have to move the party to the living room with a bowl of popcorn and a few movies. I can't hang anymore. ;)

I spent 16 hours of my weekend in a car and my flight was delayed 5 hours yesterday....I was not a happy camper <_<

Give me the popcorn and remote any time.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
I wonder if Samuel's nervous about going to the doctor. Tell him they'll give him a lollipop. :devil: And you'll give him something better when he gets home!

:rofl: I can't with you this morning!!!! You are on a roll!!!

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

That African Time is a killer, isn't it? I remember I used to freak out like crazy when all of the paperwork handling was in his control. Zainab, I'm a big control freak, too (when it comes to paperwork and getting things done) and he loves to take his slow time. The whole visa process is stressful by iteself and his "get it done whenever" attitude used to send me over the edge, lol. He would wait until the last minute to get his medical done, he would wait until the last minute to do this or do that. He would wait until the last minute to do everything!!!!

Well, okay, so maybe it wasn't exactly last minute, but I felt that it would be better to have everything done way ahead of time, while he felt that he could wait. It would drive me insane. We would schedule for him to drop his forms off at the embassy and I'd call him only to find out that he got there too late because he decided to shop first. :angry::bonk: Then of course, he would be busy for the next 2 days and couldn't drop it off until later in the week. That used to boil my blood. He was so relaxed through the whole thing, while I was over here having a fit and ready to fly to Liberia to do it myself. *deep breaths, Shaun...count to 10*

Sorry, I'm just getting a bit worked up over this again, lol. Ya'll had me having flashbacks for a second.

Edited by LovinLiberia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.