shrewdgal

new USCIS timelines

66 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

guys hang in there...it's easy to do the wrong thing when things are frustrating and you are left feeling nothing but hopeless and helpless.

my serious advice to you all is that every time you feel horrible, try doing something positive. easiest thing - go out and run for a mile. write your feelings on paper / computer to vent out, but don't let other things get the best of you....

just remember that best years of our lives are yet to come...when we unite with our loved ones..

god (or whatever) bless!

:thumbs:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
guys hang in there...it's easy to do the wrong thing when things are frustrating and you are left feeling nothing but hopeless and helpless.

my serious advice to you all is that every time you feel horrible, try doing something positive. easiest thing - go out and run for a mile. write your feelings on paper / computer to vent out, but don't let other things get the best of you....

just remember that best years of our lives are yet to come...when we unite with our loved ones..

god (or whatever) bless!

:thumbs:

Well said CJ :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well for now my outlet is this forum, makes sense right? I spend so much time here and it seems to be the perfect place. At one time I would have agreed about the running part, I love to work out and think that it is a great form of stress relief however some feelings are more difficult than others to chase off. The feeling that bothers me more is that I can not answer my wife or her family as to what is going on with the the process, they offer no information to me or any of us. I feel awful about that , no one seems to understand why the process is so long or difficult. Her family thinks its my fault, like im not doing something or enough, when I tried to explain that the way USCIS does things leaves everyone in the dark the response i got was , "you are not with god as you should be, you need to have more faith so the lord will do wonderful works in your life". I mean its just a feeling of being a bad husband and no matter if I work out to the point of muscle failure, which i have done on a few night just going at it for 3 hours or intense exercise, I still have that feeling. Sometimes trying to :star: is a bit more difficult than others, I just do my best to control what I can.

I'd love it if they would explain how they can be in July at VSC and yet be giving NOA2s to people who filed well after July. These dates are fairly meaningless except in that they provide them with a greater cushion.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Well for now my outlet is this forum, makes sense right? I spend so much time here and it seems to be the perfect place. At one time I would have agreed about the running part, I love to work out and think that it is a great form of stress relief however some feelings are more difficult than others to chase off. The feeling that bothers me more is that I can not answer my wife or her family as to what is going on with the the process, they offer no information to me or any of us. I feel awful about that , no one seems to understand why the process is so long or difficult. Her family thinks its my fault, like im not doing something or enough, when I tried to explain that the way USCIS does things leaves everyone in the dark the response i got was , "you are not with god as you should be, you need to have more faith so the lord will do wonderful works in your life". I mean its just a feeling of being a bad husband and no matter if I work out to the point of muscle failure, which i have done on a few night just going at it for 3 hours or intense exercise, I still have that feeling. Sometimes trying to :star: is a bit more difficult than others, I just do my best to control what I can.

You are not a bad husband. You are here searching for every bit of information on a daily basis in effort to help your case! I have on occasion felt as you mentioned, especially when our loved one's are being told by others (who don't know the process) that its been too long now... something MUST be wrong!! So funny that they always have someone the know that came to the states.. and it was so easy for them :blink: My husband dosent tell me about the stories he's told..but on occasion a fried or so makes that type comment to me. Your wife loves you, so she must place her trust on you.. and her family must support her and youu.

This is why VJ is so helpfull in this for us having the weight on our shoulders with no way to pry information from USCIS!! :wacko:

Don't loose hope.. stand strong.. there gonna have to get to our cases soon :thumbs:

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Those dates are always so off. I dont' even know why they post them most of the time.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.