william_wallace

Will ex wife cause a problem

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Pretty sure they are aware of Xs and the way some can act, probably happens alot, if she has nothing on you wouldnt worry. I would stop all the talk of future plans with her tho (again) unless you will be subjecting children to the new plans

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

I think it's absolutely fine. I think there are probably more people that marry USCs more than once than you think there are. I've been surprised at the number that pop up on the forums. Like someone else said, they're probably going to be very by the book about it.

And just bonus for you guys, from your timeline you've known Lara for a good while now; if you just 'wanted a greencard' you could have applied ages ago. Plus you're from the UK, which isn't exactly high on the to-be-watched people absolutely desperate to get out of the country list.

Wouldn't worry :)

Suppose your right there. I still have my boarding pass to prove when i left the USA. If i wanted a green card i would have stayed put.

beach_1_001.jpg

What was your status in the US when you were married to your first wife? We're you an LPR?

Whats an LPR?

Edited by william_wallace
beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
What was your status in the US when you were married to your first wife? We're you an LPR?

Whats an LPR?

Legal Permanent Resident - Green Card holder.

Sorry. Just found out what an LPR is. No i wasnt. Soon after we married she filed the I-130 form. I left to go back home for certain reasons. One of the reasons was the lies. Thats why i know if she does or has phoned it will be all bull.

Edited by william_wallace
beach_1_001.jpg

Timeline
Sorry. Just found out what an LPR is lol. Yes as far as im aware i was an LPR. I dont communicate with her anymore. I havent done so since well over a year ago. But i know what lies she capable of. Her lies was the reason of the marriage downfall.

You say you were an LPR 'as far as you were aware'. Did you have a Green Card? Do you still have that Green Card? Did you enter the US on a K1 visa the first time?

I'm not just being nosy, I'm trying to establish if you're likely to have any 'immigration issues' that your ex could use against you.

Gillian

Timeline
Sorry. Just found out what an LPR is. No i wasnt. Soon after we married she filed the I-130 form. I left to go back home for certain reasons. One of the reasons was the lies. Thats why i know if she does or has phoned it will be all bull.

How did you enter the US prior to your first marriage? Did you have a visa or did you use the VWP? If you didn't complete your application for permanent residency did you ever overstay your I-94?

Gillian

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.