kman

Vermont Making Good Progress?

46 posts in this topic

KipandSarahJayne I see that our timelines are similar, so I think we should expect approvals around the same time.Did you file an I-129F also?Have you had any touches?I had a couple of touches on my I-130 a month ago but nothing since.I think that they are going by NOA1 dates, that is why approvals are so random.All Our NOA1s were in January and February and some in December that is why some who filed much after get approved before those who filed in September, October or November.NOA1 dates are so close.I know it doesn't sound right and fair but it is just my opinion.Well you never know with USCIS!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
Hyd, I agree, it would be a miracle. But like you, with the willy nilly approvals, as fun as it is to see others get them, I really feel as though I'm standing in line every day for my lottery ticket. I'd probably get good odds at the 'Vegas Service Centre' if I put my bet on another 6 months :pop:

Sarah, if VSC is 'Vegas Service Center", I already hit a jackpot :rofl: Now it is your turn to win the jackpot :rofl::rofl::rofl:

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Filed: Timeline
KipandSarahJayne I see that our timelines are similar, so I think we should expect approvals around the same time.Did you file an I-129F also?Have you had any touches?I had a couple of touches on my I-130 a month ago but nothing since.I think that they are going by NOA1 dates, that is why approvals are so random.All Our NOA1s were in January and February and some in December that is why some who filed much after get approved before those who filed in September, October or November.NOA1 dates are so close.I know it doesn't sound right and fair but it is just my opinion.Well you never know with USCIS!

I agree with you that us January people should hear roughly at the same time.

They could also skip us completely and decide to finish off the March filers for all we know :wacko:

No, we didn't file an I-129F, as I used to have a greencard before and honestly (stupidly) thought they'd just give me my old card back ..... but also VSC seem not be approving the I-129F, so we just stuck with the I-130 and hoped it would be quick. No touches at all, and I'm getting a little paranoid about it.

I agree it looks as though they are going by NOA1 dates, in which case, so, we could be looking at approvals for January starting in a couple of weeks or so ..... fingers crossed :clock:

Hyd, I agree, it would be a miracle. But like you, with the willy nilly approvals, as fun as it is to see others get them, I really feel as though I'm standing in line every day for my lottery ticket. I'd probably get good odds at the 'Vegas Service Centre' if I put my bet on another 6 months :pop:

Sarah, if VSC is 'Vegas Service Center", I already hit a jackpot :rofl: Now it is your turn to win the jackpot :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm actually laughing my head off at the new name .... you gave the idea for it last night :lol:

Loto, I've got crappy luck and actually used to live in Vegas a few years back .... but, maybe this time I may win too ..... I've got a few bits of loose coinage with fluff stuck to it in my pocket .... that's all that's left with me living in an expensive country where the exchange rate is $2 to my £1 :rofl::rofl:

..... you never know, my numbers may come up this time :dancing:

I hope that they don't skip us,I prefer the thought that they will start approving January filers in a couple of weeks.I now realize that we filed I-129F for nothing because they are not approving it at all but at least I can hope that they will have enough mercy to start approving them.Oh mighty USCIS people have mercy on our souls and let us be with our loved ones soon!!! :cry:

I hope that they don't skip us,I prefer the thought that they will start approving January filers in a couple of weeks.I now realize that we filed I-129F for nothing because they are not approving it at all but at least I can hope that they will have enough mercy to start approving them.Oh mighty USCIS people have mercy on our souls and let us be with our loved ones soon!!! :cry:

Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you with the 'skipping us' comment .... I was just being a little sarcastic about their willy nilly approval process. I'm beginning to buck up hope too about an approval in the next couple of weeks or so after reading the timelines.

Jeca, I'm praying for all of us ..... because honestly, what USCIS is doing to us all is quite cruel. Hang in there guys, it's going to happen ..... it has to happen :thumbs:

No, you didn't upset me, I was also being sarcastic.I'm past upset, I'm really :angry: because their behavior with us mortals!You're right, it has to happen and it has to happen soon!!! Fingers crossed

No, you didn't upset me, I was also being sarcastic.I'm past upset, I'm really :angry: because their behavior with us mortals!You're right, it has to happen and it has to happen soon!!! Fingers crossed

Jeca,

I know what you mean by your past upset, Im so far past it, there is not a word invented for the way I feel. I know a few dirty words in Spanish, Arabic, French, Germany and Italian, Polish and Russian, but even that is too weak for what Im feeing.

I sure hope ya'll are right, that January's filers will be processed soon. I pray for all of us.

Take care, keep your chin up!.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Jeca,

I know what you mean by your past upset, Im so far past it, there is not a word invented for the way I feel. I know a few dirty words in Spanish, Arabic, French, Germany and Italian, Polish and Russian, but even that is too weak for what Im feeing.

I sure hope ya'll are right, that January's filers will be processed soon. I pray for all of us.

Paris Heart

....paris.you got it right .....I guess USCIS is immune to all those words in all languages lol....may be you need to find a word that USCIS understands it better ........ :angry::crying::unsure:

11/25/07 Marriage

Vermont Service center

USCIS Journey CR1/IR1

01/06/08 Sent I-130

01/08/08 I-130 received at chicago lock box (USPS)

02/08/08 NOA1 Notice Date

02/12/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy

08/11/08 Received approval email (after 7 months and 3 days...Waiting)

08/15/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy

NVC Journey

08/13/08 NVC case# assigned

08/19/08 DS-3032 e mail sent and got auto response

08/20/08 Received IIN#(one nice rep gave me number)

08/22/08 paid I-864 bill online

08/23/08 I-864 bill status "PAID" online(saturday) but AVR message says " case number assigned ....blah

08/23/08 Printed out I-864 package online and Barcode sheet

08/25/08 I-864 package sent overnight

08/25/08 DS3032 Hardcopy sent by express mail (Hopefully they accept it ..But AVR says AOS fee received/paid on 08/23/08)

08/26/08 I-864 package received per USPS

08/28/08 I-864 package entered into NVC system

08/27/08 NVC accepted DS-3032 (But AVR does not say that)

08/28/08 IV bill generated ( still AVR does NOT say that) but online INVOICE says "NOT PAID"

08/28/08 IV bill paid online "IN PROCESS" status

08/29/08 IV bill "PAID" status (AVR says , they received DS3032)

08/29/08 DS-230 generated

09/02/08 DS-230 and required documents mailed

09/03/08 DS-230 form arrives at NVC per usps

09/04/08 DS-230 information entered into NVC system

09/15/08 CASE COMPLETE(32 days no RFE)

10/15/08 sent to consulate

11/10/08 Medical PASSED

11/18/08 Interview....VISA GRANTED ...

US..

11/29/08 ..POE at Houston

12/15/08 ..Welcome letter

12/16/08 ..SSN received

12/29/08 Green card received

Jeca,

Paris Heart

....paris.you got it right .....I guess USCIS is immune to all those words in all languages lol....may be you need to find a word that USCIS understands it better ........ :angry::crying::unsure:

I guess I better go back to kindergarten and learn the simple words, ha ha, Best of luck on your journey. Example: See petition, Approve Petition,

simple enough???? LOL :rofl:

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
I have seen Vermont approve quite a few late november, middle december filers. I am end of February filer and thinking now they they may be able to approve mine by middle of May. What do you guys think?

I have to disagree with you on this one. VSC received our petition on Sept. 24 2007. NOA1 on Jan 4, 2008. Not a single touch since then. I have had both congressman and senator send inquiries and they were both stonewalled with the same garbage we all get. We have to sit here and watch people who filed months after we did get approved, while we get nothing. No RFE, not anything. I have asked VSC to actually have some one personally verify that our case file is there....................just get the same response, "we received your file and it is currently waiting to be processed". I am beginning to have my doubts that they even know where our file is. Regardless, wife will be here for visit in two weeks. And no I am not worried about POE, she has been here many times and never a problem, even with petition filed.

Diverdown!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
There is no way to tell who gets approved when if you ask me. They dont seem to have any order in doing the approvals. There have been some Feb. and Mar. filers that are on this forum alone, imagine how many others that are not known to us because they dont use this forum. According to USCIS they are still on July 30th 2007 filers, but yet we still see so many people that are well beyond that day being approved. You never know, you might get approved before some Aug. and Sept. filers, all is possible in the hands of the mysterious USCIS.

That's totally true. I filed in March and have been approved.

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Have you tried writing to:

USCIS-COMPLAINT@DHS.GOV

Also, you may try to make a call to Secratary Chertoff (apparently he does not use emails: I guess he is scared to receive 3million per year from USCIS applicants...). USCIS repsonds to him, I bet he is "not aware" what a mess it is over here (on the USCIS "war front"): he is too worried about putting all his energy on building walls, which do not keep people out, by using the fees of people that should be let in a long time ago...

Or better still write/call to Mr. David Price who is the chair of the Subcommittee on Homeland Security

Davir Price

Beverly Pheto, Subcommittee Clerk

Room B-307 Rayburn House Office Building

Washington, DC 20515

Phone: (202) 225-5834

Other TX congressman in the same committee are:

Ciro Rodriguez

Chet Edwards

John Carter

Kay Granger

John Abney Culberson

These are the people that decide whether to fund this disfunctional organization. I think they have a right to know and hear from US taxpayers and citizens how US money is being wasted. Furthermore, some of them should inform Congress, texan President Bush, and the press at large what a "great" service USCIS, VSC and the DHS secratary are giving Texan families -and their country at large- when it comes to lawful immigration procedures: it is a shame that families can be kept apart for one year that easily. And here we are not talking about the illegals. I bet 90% of the applications and VJers are totally legal and honest. We would not send petitions if we wanted to immigrate illegally!

I wonder what Congress would say if the more than 150 countries in the world applied similar processing times to US spouses who want to join their beloved abroad...

If I do not see any improvement in the speed of VCS in the next 2 months and specifically an approval for ALL of us, I am going to personally call EVERY SINGLE ones of them on the Appropriations committee responsible for DHS and involve the national and international press to lobby and get clarifications of how tax money is being spent on USCIS!

:dance:

Hands up for who agrees with this!

Ok, grumble mode off again.

I have seen Vermont approve quite a few late november, middle december filers. I am end of February filer and thinking now they they may be able to approve mine by middle of May. What do you guys think?

I have to disagree with you on this one. VSC received our petition on Sept. 24 2007. NOA1 on Jan 4, 2008. Not a single touch since then. I have had both congressman and senator send inquiries and they were both stonewalled with the same garbage we all get. We have to sit here and watch people who filed months after we did get approved, while we get nothing. No RFE, not anything. I have asked VSC to actually have some one personally verify that our case file is there....................just get the same response, "we received your file and it is currently waiting to be processed". I am beginning to have my doubts that they even know where our file is. Regardless, wife will be here for visit in two weeks. And no I am not worried about POE, she has been here many times and never a problem, even with petition filed.

Diverdown!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

What ticks me off big time is that USCIS makes the rules and judges then if they abide by them!

They decide (and change even backwards!) the processing dates and then say: "look, you are still within processing times, so do not bother us!"

I understand they are working hard, but are they working SMART too? Where are these computers?? Where is the new personnel paid for with tax money and fee increases?? I bet that if Microsoft or Google ran USCIS, they'd do a much better job..

Getting rid of this Director is the right thing to do. Let's hope that the one that comes will not make us miss the previous one! Hopefully when the new cat comes at the end of the month, mice will stop play and start doing some work...

The first thing the cat will be asked by me is: WHAT THE HECK is going on with K-3s at VSC?? If you want to phase them out, fine, but

a/ Inform Congress and Dept. of State: this is NOT USCIS choice only

b/ Speed up CR-1 to no more than 3 months for approval

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
What ticks me off big time is that USCIS makes the rules and judges then if they abide by them!

They decide (and change even backwards!) the processing dates and then say: "look, you are still within processing times, so do not bother us!"

I understand they are working hard, but are they working SMART too? Where are these computers?? Where is the new personnel paid for with tax money and fee increases?? I bet that if Microsoft or Google ran USCIS, they'd do a much better job..

Getting rid of this Director is the right thing to do. Let's hope that the one that comes will not make us miss the previous one! Hopefully when the new cat comes at the end of the month, mice will stop play and start doing some work...

The first thing the cat will be asked by me is: WHAT THE HECK is going on with K-3s at VSC?? If you want to phase them out, fine, but

a/ Inform Congress and Dept. of State: this is NOT USCIS choice only

b/ Speed up CR-1 to no more than 3 months for approval

I totally agree with you! I've tried unsuccessfully to talk to people working with USCIS to understand their process and I got nothing. I called yesterday and all I can got was some lady eading a script saying they are "on July 30" and to check the processing time online! My respond was that although her suggestions are good, they provide me no clear information as to why things are so slow and why their appears to be inconsistency in their entire process. Their online system is not informative at all. None of the information provides any clarity. I also asked how do people with more recent dates get approved faster than those who submitted earlier? All I get is is the typical "wait longer" answer!! That just ticked me off!

I agree that this organization needs an overhaul. I want to know how in the world they are spending my tax money and my processing fees to operate such an inefficient organization. I'm extremely pissed that so much hassle one has to go through to legally be with one's spouse. There are so much focus on illegal immigration that that no attention is given to the pain and suffer we go through trying to bring someone here legally!!

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-12-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-11

07/11/2008 - Approved for both I-129F and I-130 (e-mail)!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.