Rocketta

Non-Muslims married to Muslim MENA

463 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Stop the name calling please. Use the PM function if you need to call someone old and ugly. This site is too valuable to be the playground for the ignorant.

I didn't follow the whole 'cant get married in Egypt rule' but maybe it was for a reason. Shouldn't the 'law of the land' have been followed?

Jackie

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop the name calling please. Use the PM function if you need to call someone old and ugly. This site is too valuable to be the playground for the ignorant.

I didn't follow the whole 'cant get married in Egypt rule' but maybe it was for a reason. Shouldn't the 'law of the land' have been followed?

Jackie

Jackie, the whole thread devolved. The original point was that the American government would not issue the papers needed for Americans to marry Egyptians in Egypt..It was like a certificate of impediment to marry.It caught several couples broadsided. They were forced to find other measures to marry by a quirk in the law...The thread should not have devolved but it was going two ways...I think both threads should be locked and the subject closed.Its not going to help anyone perpetuating this #######

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

i dont care what others think of our marriage as we believe it is halal and islmaically legal

vw called our marriage muta and another time misyar and other time ori thats confusing

misyar marraige the wife has not right by her own acceptance

and muta marriage has certain time to end after this it isnot valid

ori marriage it is by contract and 2 wittiness but it is secret betwwen the wife and husband only

and our marriage was known for all poeple familly and friends. and it is for certain time writing in contract as they do in muta marriage contract and she had all her right as dowery and gold and flat so it isnot misyar

she said that for her sick personal desire when i told her that marriage between muslim woman and non muslim man is haram and it is the truth . all muslim believe that. most of you has muslim spupose ask him or her about that and the answer will be for sure yes it is haram and islam forbid it

but she just dont like to state it

i am sorry if i offended any one

and any any new muslim wont believe her lies for the sake of Allah

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Sara's request for intelligent debate is, like that of others who wished for the same, reasonable and not out of line with normal debate practices. But it is lost on wahrania and mohammed. Why? Because they are not able to present a coherent, reasoned, original case based in Islam, so they fall back on insults, name-calling, invictives, and ad homineums. Their position is, anyone who can't get married for real, it's ok to take short cuts, cloak yourself in Islam, claim to be married, then cut down anyone who questions you with cheap shots that have no relevancy to the issue. They believe it, so that requires all "real" Muslims to believe it too.

Wahrania is stuck on negative, so attacking for the sake of attacking is a walk in the park for her. Mohammed walked his woman into a lawyer's office to sign an untested nikah, called it marriage, then sent her home to file a K1. This is their Islam, folks, not mine. They can't justify it with anything from Islam, so my being older than my husband, not "Arab" enough, supposedly ugly, and quite willing to call them out on their error is a logical fall back position for them. It still doesn't make what they are advocating any more Islamic or any more correct, and it doesn't make sense. But, we're not going to get anywhere trying to make them see that.

Expect more of the same. It's what they do.

Wahrania its just weird to see you in here heroically defending who you perceive to be the underdog when there are pages and pages and pages in this forum of YOU attacking other people's marriages!

not trying to attack you but come on, this is now pages and pages of back and forth arguing and although you may not agree with some of her conclusions, VW has put forth her opinion backed by evidence of how she formed it and you have responded by making the very sort of ugly personal attacks that you claim to hate. I certainly dont know enough about Islam to comment on any of it and even if I did I doubt I would join this train wreck about it but I feel pretty sure that its totally unnecessary to make jabs about her age and looks. Either debate with her on her level and beat her at her own game by providing some research and opinions not cut and pasted from other websites or back out of it~ surely you can see that some of her frustration has been that for example, mohammed and melinda have posted articles that contradicted what they were trying to say which means they didnt even read them all the way, which is just sloppy debate practice. If you really think she is wrong then try to prove it, but frothing at the mouth and calling her an old hag really doesnt add any credibility to your 'side'.

(sorry VW and mohamed/melinda, not trying to put words in your mouth nor am I choosing a 'side')

Edited by Virtual wife

Wahrania its just weird to see you in here heroically defending who you perceive to be the underdog when there are pages and pages and pages in this forum of YOU attacking other people's marriages!

not trying to attack you but come on, this is now pages and pages of back and forth arguing and although you may not agree with some of her conclusions, VW has put forth her opinion backed by evidence of how she formed it and you have responded by making the very sort of ugly personal attacks that you claim to hate. I certainly dont know enough about Islam to comment on any of it and even if I did I doubt I would join this train wreck about it but I feel pretty sure that its totally unnecessary to make jabs about her age and looks. Either debate with her on her level and beat her at her own game by providing some research and opinions not cut and pasted from other websites or back out of it~ surely you can see that some of her frustration has been that for example, mohammed and melinda have posted articles that contradicted what they were trying to say which means they didnt even read them all the way, which is just sloppy debate practice. If you really think she is wrong then try to prove it, but frothing at the mouth and calling her an old hag really doesnt add any credibility to your 'side'.

(sorry VW and mohamed/melinda, not trying to put words in your mouth nor am I choosing a 'side')

Sara,ask your husband if he thinks what they did to be together was unislamic or immoral considering that the American government wouldnt issue the proper paper to be married.He got her a flat,gave her a dowry and their whole family knows about their marriage.This was a paper problem not a moral one and you need to carefully read what VW said to these kids. This was uncalled for and intrusive.VW knows this..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
OMG :bonk: STOP plz

obviously they can't it's like an obsessive compulsive itch that just have to scratch. :ot2:

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)

:luv::luv::luv::luv::luv:

obviously they can't it's like an obsessive compulsive itch that just have to scratch. :ot2:

well you could close the thread since its your thread and it would stop

:luv::luv::luv::luv::luv:

well you could close the thread since its your thread and it would stop

In fact why don't you do that?Close the thread and lock it and then we can all move off this and onto other things

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
In fact why don't you do that?Close the thread and lock it and then we can all move off this and onto other things

not that simple. the op has to request to admin or a mod that the thread be closed. the mod or admin has to read the pm or the posted request for it to be closed. and naturally, if she pm'ed one of them that person would have to be on vj for all of that to occur. mods and admin are not always here.......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:ot2:

that doesnt even make sense, get back ON the topic it doesnt have to be closed> If the candy jar is open doesnt mean you have to keep sticking your hand in it

good grief there are some that enjoy to hear the differences (the real differences) that they have experienced from day to day

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

Anyone who doesn't like the discussion is invited to stop reading it.

Sara,ask your husband if he thinks what they did to be together was unislamic or immoral considering that the American government wouldnt issue the proper paper to be married.He got her a flat,gave her a dowry and their whole family knows about their marriage.This was a paper problem not a moral one and you need to carefully read what VW said to these kids. This was uncalled for and intrusive.VW knows this..

What I know is that this is the same argument that illegals use to justify their law breaking - the government made me do it. Now, it is being made into a pretense for marriage in Islam. I don't think so.

What is a K1 for anyway? Lots of Muslims file K1 without the pretense of calling themselves married when they aren't married. This charade was made neccesary by a desire to bed before being properly wed. It is not something to be laid at the feet of God and all other Muslims. Take responsibility for what you do and don't burden the faith with it.

Edited by Virtual wife

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
This is the last fair warning to cease the personal attacks. Understand everyone has a point of view, and if one rubs you the wrong way - that does now give lattitude for name calling.

Awesome! Alright guys, let's see what you've got!

:P

Timeline
This is the last fair warning to cease the personal attacks. Understand everyone has a point of view, and if one rubs you the wrong way - that does now give lattitude for name calling.

I would like to note for the record that I have not engaged in gratuitous name-calling, but have, as several have noted, laid out my claims in a constructive and rational way using proof from the sharia with no cut and paste from self-serving websites. That is what formal education is for, and I am proud of that.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Actually, i was typing you a nice reply when my cat decided it was a good time to hit the power button for the power strip. Everything got shut down. Smart cat ran off as soon as she did it, lol.

Anyway, I was going to say that my husband has specifically asked me not to go out with men. We discussed it and talked over his reasons. I found they were good ones and especially if you do look at the religious aspect of it. I will not go into the details because I doubt you want to hear them. What really matters is that you and your husband work through your own issues and find an equitable way to solve your differences. I really wish you the best of luck in your marriage and I hope it is a happy one.

We discussed this also, and we're on the same page about it. Fortunately, neither of us have close friends of the opposite sex, so that's made it very easy for us. Our reasoning isn't religion- or trust-related. It's more cultural and having to do with our comfort levels. Is me having dinner with someone of the opposite sex worth my husband feeling torn between an uneasy feeling in his stomach and wanting his wife to have her freedom? I don't want to put him in that position (and again, fortunately, I don't have close male friends) so I don't do it. It's entirely up to the individual couple how they choose to handle it, especially if they enter the relationship already having treasured friends of the opposite sex, but it's one of those discussions that's very important to have in the beginning.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.