Rocketta

Non-Muslims married to Muslim MENA

463 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We here at work are talking on this, i dont profess to know much at all of any religion myself. I know what i feel is right and or wrong (as i see it) BUT back on this woman stoneing......if she was out doing adultry etc and she was to get punished.....what happened to the other party that she was partakeing this adultry situation with....he had to know she was married...its ok for one member but not the other?

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I think Mohamed has told that enough that we married by our religion ! So we can file for K1 visa. We already have our visa!!!

Sorry, I haven't spent time following your case, so I wouldn't have known that.

We here at work are talking on this, i dont profess to know much at all of any religion myself. I know what i feel is right and or wrong (as i see it) BUT back on this woman stoneing......if she was out doing adultry etc and she was to get punished.....what happened to the other party that she was partakeing this adultry situation with....he had to know she was married...its ok for one member but not the other?

Good point.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Seriously? Again, this is someone else's argument (although giving a source would help us understand exactly who is making it). And, it is a rather strange one. Do you agree with it? Why? Why not? Does it make sense to you that there are sections of the Quran missing/lost? How do we know? How do we decide what we can add to the Quran? How valid are the rather enormous changes made in [brackets]? Are they the word of Allah? What else is missing/lost from the Quran?

Whoa - one suggestion here.

"Adding" to the Quran, or changing (attempting to change) Islam - is like, an ultimate/unforgivable sin - it's called "shirk" - it's looked at as a very, very bad thing....

As far as I know, it's the only religious text that was written down close to the original Prophet's life, and has been preserved in its entirety. Know how there's so-called "sects" - changes - is why they're persecuted. That's one thing that is a major no-can-do.

As for adultery - being a person who was (almost) burned by it - I've got zero tolerance for it. One strike - and GTFO of my house.

The moral of my story: Stick with someone who matches your own culture.

( This coming from an Arab who married an Arab from overseas... go figure. )

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

The one women they stoned in Iran was not guilty, it was later found out her husband wanted another wife, you can do that in Islam, but you need to support both the same. He didn't have enough money to have two, so he accused his wife of adulty, got some male friends to state this too, there are your witness, and they stoned her in front of her children, so this man could marry his new wife. Yep, and don't kid yourself it happens a lot. You get tired of her, get some of your MALE friends in on it, and you got rid of a problem. Nice yea :thumbs: Now I am not saying that all men do this, but just the fact that it happens is a shame, and than to support the belief that stoning is accepted way to punish you got a situation on your hands. Go look it up yourself, and if you do believe in that, you should watch the hidden videos they smuggled out showing what stoning looks like. Be informed, take action, we can change the world if we would all raise up and say enough of this.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline
Seriously? Again, this is someone else's argument (although giving a source would help us understand exactly who is making it). And, it is a rather strange one. Do you agree with it? Why? Why not? Does it make sense to you that there are sections of the Quran missing/lost? How do we know? How do we decide what we can add to the Quran? How valid are the rather enormous changes made in [brackets]? Are they the word of Allah? What else is missing/lost from the Quran?

Whoa - one suggestion here.

"Adding" to the Quran, or changing (attempting to change) Islam - is like, an ultimate/unforgivable sin - it's called "shirk" - it's looked at as a very, very bad thing....

As far as I know, it's the only religious text that was written down close to the original Prophet's life, and has been preserved in its entirety. Know how there's so-called "sects" - changes - is why they're persecuted. That's one thing that is a major no-can-do.

As for adultery - being a person who was (almost) burned by it - I've got zero tolerance for it. One strike - and GTFO of my house.

I was confused as I read his quote. All of this missing documents, and he said she said, and due to that then things are missing? I have heard that the Quran is perfect and complete, so why suggest there are missing parts? I just don't get it.

As for your thoughts on adultery, did you have a stoning? jk :innocent:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

ic so the men can profess to believe so highly in one hand but do something like this, so hes picking and choosing which part he wants to follow and the wife was the one prob following their traditional beliefs and she gets killed nice, real nice

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

Timeline
The one women they stoned in Iran was not guilty, it was later found out her husband wanted another wife, you can do that in Islam, but you need to support both the same. He didn't have enough money to have two, so he accused his wife of adulty, got some male friends to state this too, there are your witness, and they stoned her in front of her children, so this man could marry his new wife. Yep, and don't kid yourself it happens a lot. You get tired of her, get some of your MALE friends in on it, and you got rid of a problem. Nice yea :thumbs: Now I am not saying that all men do this, but just the fact that it happens is a shame, and than to support the belief that stoning is accepted way to punish you got a situation on your hands. Go look it up yourself, and if you do believe in that, you should watch the hidden videos they smuggled out showing what stoning looks like. Be informed, take action, we can change the world if we would all raise up and say enough of this.

My point exactly about the witnesses!! I know way to many MENA men that stick together like glue. Claim to be Muslim but are just a bunch of hypocrites. These type of people think that after that have run rampant, raping and pilliging they are going to do one good deed and will be forgiven of all of their sins. There is some serious flaws in their thinking.

Timeline

If you believe stoning is inhumane, please sign the petition to stop another senseless murder.

http://www.petitiononline.com/azadizan/petition.html

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline

sure it is, any kind of murder is wrong....but this is tending to be a man vs woman issue do as i say, not do as i do. Where the man and women were probably both raised with same beliefs, same family values, same etc etc. then what happens....was this man taught he can just change when he chooses and by whatever means is required..if thats so all of us with men from these regions (supposedly taught this same structure) are in for quite a ride

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Timeline

My husband and I have actually discussed the differences in the mans right verses the womens rights in the past. He had similar views that the men has more rights than women, but I am a persistent girl and kept asking what the Quran says. Its interesting how he is starting to see my points more and more, as long as I base my argument on the Quran. I think he was so swayed by the culture that he didn't give it as much thought until I pointed things out.

Timeline

Ever get a chance, a great book.

David Hearne shows us a heart-wrenching account of a stoning in his book Hulagu's Web. He shows us that not only does the victim suffer the agony of the stoning, but also her anguish is unfelt by the executioners who relish their license to kill. “A spray of blood and spit now accompanies her cries of pain…The gore pleased [him], and he gleefully watched the proceedings to ensure that no one used a stone of the wrong size.” (Hulagu's Web, 64-65) Through this account we can see that the emotional involvement of crowd creates the wrong message. Instead of invoking fear of being stoned themselves, the crowd comes to enjoy a good stoning and thrives off of it. In this fashion, stoning is no longer a form of punishment, rather a form of entertainment that breeds murderers out of ordinary people.

For those doing the stoning, it is a social event that becomes more of a religious sport than a true act of moral self-righteousness. An actual video of a stoning can be viewed at http://www.iran-e-azad.org/stoning/. The footage taken in Iran illustrates a party like atmosphere of those carrying out the execution. It is reminiscent of the family picnics at the old Wild West hangings or the popularity of people watching the slaughter of gladiators in early Rome.

Like other diabolical methods of torture, stoning has gone out of style as society realized that having others participate in the punishment of another, even a criminal, devalues life. Stoning also creates fear and terrorizes the minds of others. The Guillotine, whipping, pouring acid on someone or gouging their eyes out with iron have all been gleefully practiced over the ages by zealots. Regardless of the how brutal, none of these punishments have stood the test of time. Even those founded in the name of religion have died out because they are cruel and inhumane.

As these diabolical methods have failed, it is important to note one punishment continually in practice: Jail. Imprisonment has been a popular form of punishment because having “…her face pulverized by the stoning,” (Hulagu's Web, 64) seems a little extreme no matter what the crime. Even though so many cultures have migrated towards this type of punishment, it is hard for westerners to understand why Sharia Muslims still sanction a punishment this inhumane.

As stoning is done in the name of Allah, Hearne has his character yelling “God is great.” (Hulagu's Web, 63) The crowd is egged on even more as they become more involved with the stoning. Perhaps the worst part about stoning is that it brings ordinary God fearing people to actually fear life itself. They are put into a perpetual state of fear such as Hearne’s Senator Laforge who imagines her own stoning in a nightmare. (Hulagu's Web, 63) Unable to let the memory go, people in these countries under Sharia rule cower and are plagued with fear of their life ending in such a brutal manner.

Stoning is an act of insanity and must be stopped. That humans should gather around and throw stones with the intent to take another human life is a hideous thought. Though fiction, David Hearne’s book shows us that an individual can be gripped with fear over governmental prosecution. It is the passion shown in his book that gives us cause and hope for change in the world.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline

Yes we talk all the time about this stuff, and i know he is spoiled by his mom etc etc but at the same time he also knows this is here not there. Alot of things have been discussed and fortunately we agree....I AM TO BE BOSS...no just kidding but he does realize things here are to be different

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Timeline
Yes we talk all the time about this stuff, and i know he is spoiled by his mom etc etc but at the same time he also knows this is here not there. Alot of things have been discussed and fortunately we agree....I AM TO BE BOSS...no just kidding but he does realize things here are to be different

Lol...actually that is how it turns out to be in sorts once they get here. I pretty much take charge because I know how things are done here, and he doesn't want to bother with the details. The important things are decided between us. If we disagree sometimes it goes my way sometimes his way. I can't say my American ex was as easy to work with.

Now when we are in Morocco, he is the boss, I hate it, but I just sit there like some idiot that knows nothing because I have no idea how to do anything with their system.

Timeline

This is true and im sure they feel alot of the same here for sometime until they become familiar with things and i do know when i was there im all the time saying....you got to be kidding.....etc etc but that is the give and take that is to be expected

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.