KGSodie

Russian wisdom from Natasha

212 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Maybe American women of your generation don't, but those of mine certainly do. And you only have to look at statistics of STIs and pregnancy in Russia to understand what the sexual dialogue is like there. This is not to imply that russian women are slutty--merely that there is not a lot of dialogue about certain aspects of sex, like how to protect yourself. I prefer the American system, where moms don't tell their daughters all about their sex life but instead make sure their daughters know about condoms and birth control. I've read estimates that say that 10 percent of Russians will be HIV + by 2020. And 4/5 Russians under 30 who are don't know that they are. Not a good system. Not "refreshing."

The whole world knows Russian women are WAY more open about...you know...the "s" word (wouldn't want to be accused of making creepy comments to a liberated American woman. Might loose my good reputation). Your reply proves my argument. Yes, US women only talk to other women. Russian women don't discuss it amongst themselves, they discuss it with their men. They have an open, honest dialogue...very refreshing. Nothing to be ashamed about. It is Russian life.
Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
More people have pointed out the need for a change in YOUR attitude.

Besides, I may be young enough to be your daughter (which is exactly why you should not say such sexually-tinged things to be), but I'm also not even the youngest one on the Russia forum. If you want only older people on a forum, go to a forum specifically for your age group. That comment wasn't addressed to you or about you, anyway. Ewwwwwwww. The fact that you construed it as such says more about you than about me.

If something had funny I would have posted a laughing face. Your first post generated one because i thought you were kidding. If you were trying to be funny, try harder and try harder in a not-gross way. Seriously, if you want respect, you need to act your age. Managing to not die is not enough to earn respect anymore. With modern medicine, living past fifty is no longer an achievement.

Your sexual comment about "little d**ks" (I think you said "having a little one") that was aimed at me had a "creepy" and 'gross" edge to it considering you're young enough to be my daughter..god forbid. Again, you make your attacks in your favorite style..sideways.

I said "don't violate me" as a gag when you said you didn't want to violate the TOS. If one of your buddies said that you'd post a laughing face. Maybe not my funniest moment but i was actually trying to kid around to cool things down. But you know this already...you may be the feminist from hell but you aren't stupid.

You call me a creepy and gross middle-aged man. I'll call you a creepy, gross, disrespectful young woman. How's that? Fair enough? Meet your equal rights criteria? Is my job safe from a harassment charge?

As others have pointed out, you need an attitude change.

If you say something enough times, maybe it'll magically be true. Sexually tinged? How do you say bull ####### in Russian?

Timeline
More people have pointed out the need for a change in YOUR attitude.

Besides, I may be young enough to be your daughter (which is exactly why you should not say such sexually-tinged things to be), but I'm also not even the youngest one on the Russia forum. If you want only older people on a forum, go to a forum specifically for your age group. That comment wasn't addressed to you or about you, anyway. Ewwwwwwww. The fact that you construed it as such says more about you than about me.

If something had funny I would have posted a laughing face. Your first post generated one because i thought you were kidding. If you were trying to be funny, try harder and try harder in a not-gross way. Seriously, if you want respect, you need to act your age. Managing to not die is not enough to earn respect anymore. With modern medicine, living past fifty is no longer an achievement.

Your sexual comment about "little d**ks" (I think you said "having a little one") that was aimed at me had a "creepy" and 'gross" edge to it considering you're young enough to be my daughter..god forbid. Again, you make your attacks in your favorite style..sideways.

I said "don't violate me" as a gag when you said you didn't want to violate the TOS. If one of your buddies said that you'd post a laughing face. Maybe not my funniest moment but i was actually trying to kid around to cool things down. But you know this already...you may be the feminist from hell but you aren't stupid.

You call me a creepy and gross middle-aged man. I'll call you a creepy, gross, disrespectful young woman. How's that? Fair enough? Meet your equal rights criteria? Is my job safe from a harassment charge?

As others have pointed out, you need an attitude change.

If you say something enough times, maybe it'll magically be true. Sexually tinged? How do you say bull ####### in Russian?

You question my presence on the forum. What are you doing on it? No visa application. No fiancee or spouse coming to the USA soon. Just your BF story with nothing to back it up. Why are you on the forum? Too annoy people with real relationships?

Timeline

Already asked and answered. Try something new.

I never questioned your presence in and of itself. Just wondering why you want to post here if "gen x and y-ers" bother you so much.

You question my presence on the forum. What are you doing on it? No visa application. No fiancee or spouse coming to the USA soon. Just your BF story with nothing to back it up. Why are you on the forum? Too annoy people with real relationships?
Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Timeline
Maybe American women of your generation don't, but those of mine certainly do. And you only have to look at statistics of STIs and pregnancy in Russia to understand what the sexual dialogue is like there. This is not to imply that russian women are slutty--merely that there is not a lot of dialogue about certain aspects of sex, like how to protect yourself. I prefer the American system, where moms don't tell their daughters all about their sex life but instead make sure their daughters know about condoms and birth control. I've read estimates that say that 10 percent of Russians will be HIV + by 2020. And 4/5 Russians under 30 who are don't know that they are. Not a good system. Not "refreshing."

The whole world knows Russian women are WAY more open about...you know...the "s" word (wouldn't want to be accused of making creepy comments to a liberated American woman. Might loose my good reputation). Your reply proves my argument. Yes, US women only talk to other women. Russian women don't discuss it amongst themselves, they discuss it with their men. They have an open, honest dialogue...very refreshing. Nothing to be ashamed about. It is Russian life.

I was not aware there is something called "the American system." How can you speak for all US moms? We have our own HIV problems and young American girls have high incidence of STDs.

Timeline

Not like in Russia. in spb, for instance, half of all prostitutes and 1 out of every 7 junkies have hiv. It is also spreading much faster in the US than in the US through the general population.Russia and Ukraine are second only to Africa, I believe. You can look up these statistics yourself. I had to endure hours of special Russian sti training.

And American girls generally don't believe that a shower will prevent pregnancy, but i have met many Russian girls who do.

I was not aware there is something called "the American system." How can you speak for all US moms? We have our own HIV problems and young American girls have high incidence of STDs.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline
Already asked and answered. Try something new.

I never questioned your presence in and of itself. Just wondering why you want to post here if "gen x and y-ers" bother you so much.

I may leave the forum...on my own terms and in my own time. I came to VJ for hard data and guidance which I've gotten it many times over...but little of it here on this forum. The Russian forum is less about info and more about the exchange of ideas and banter and there are a few interesting posters who know how to joust, tweak noses and not get bent out of shape when someone doesn't necessarily dance to their tune, or offers an alternative way to look at something. Usually there's is no word police or mob rule about esoteric thoughts or unique points of view.

yes, I may leave but right now I'm having too much fun seeing people write 30 paragraph answers to comments that only call for two sentence replies. Guess it's grandiosity or narcissism or poor self-esteem...or whatever. But it's interesting to see that I have such a powerful presence on the forum to generate so much angst and negative energy...about very little.

I'd especially think someone who's fiancee just arrived in the USA would have a lot better things to do they write a book on the evils of SeanconneryII. Not a good sign...but to each his own.

Yes, I could easily get bored with only hearing one voice and one truth and one choir all singing the same songs. But we'll see.

Not like in Russia. in spb, for instance, half of all prostitutes and 1 out of every 7 junkies have hiv. It is also spreading much faster in the US than in the US through the general population.Russia and Ukraine are second only to Africa, I believe. You can look up these statistics yourself. I had to endure hours of special Russian sti training.

And American girls generally don't believe that a shower will prevent pregnancy, but i have met many Russian girls who do.

On this one, I defer to your knowledge.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

"I'd especially think someone who's fiancee just arrived in the USA would have a lot better things to do they write a book on the evils of SeanconneryII. Not a good sign...but to each his own."

I just LOVE this guy! If you take exception to something I've said about you, as you do so often with eekee, you should quote me on it and we can discuss it. Instead, you make general slams (which you say you hate when others do) against me and IGNORE all that I've said. I guess you know when logic isn't on your side, huh? Wise choice. I'm a bit out of your league when it comes to being able to put forth logically constructed arguments.

Natasha is sitting here next to me, as she has been all day, and has given up on you as the crazy man who is a lost cause. She did the translations of your idiocy independently, without my help, so try not and accuse me of that again.

It's always your way or the wrong way, huh? People who like to tweak noses and stir the pot, as you imply you like to do - yeah, these guys are who I want to emulate. I have nothing 'better' to do than share my personal experiences in, hopefully, a humorous way? It's a bit more productive that 'tweaking noses', which is what I assume you do for fun.

As for writing voluminously - thanks! I just wanted to be complete in catching as many of your logic errors and hypocrisies as I could muster the energy for. You like to stir people's emotions in a negative way, and I like to call idiots idiots, and then prove it. You make that ridiculously easy.

As for the time I must spend writing all this - it's not all that much. I'm a good typist and I write a little whenever I have to wait for a background computer task to complete.

I'm sure you'll search for a way to flame me, since I have questioned your ability to reason logically. I really have lost all interest in your opinions. When they are about me, though, I will respond in kind. Otherwise, why don't you start playing World Of Warcraft, where you can grief an entirely NEW generation and class of people, and leave us intelligent, thoughtful, caring, considerate folk (or as you've called us, silly PC boys) alone.

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Timeline
"I'd especially think someone who's fiancee just arrived in the USA would have a lot better things to do they write a book on the evils of SeanconneryII. Not a good sign...but to each his own."

I just LOVE this guy! If you take exception to something I've said about you, as you do so often with eekee, you should quote me on it and we can discuss it. Instead, you make general slams (which you say you hate when others do) against me and IGNORE all that I've said. I guess you know when logic isn't on your side, huh? Wise choice. I'm a bit out of your league when it comes to being able to put forth logically constructed arguments.

Natasha is sitting here next to me, as she has been all day, and has given up on you as the crazy man who is a lost cause. She did the translations of your idiocy independently, without my help, so try not and accuse me of that again.

It's always your way or the wrong way, huh? People who like to tweak noses and stir the pot, as you imply you like to do - yeah, these guys are who I want to emulate. I have nothing 'better' to do than share my personal experiences in, hopefully, a humorous way? It's a bit more productive that 'tweaking noses', which is what I assume you do for fun.

As for writing voluminously - thanks! I just wanted to be complete in catching as many of your logic errors and hypocrisies as I could muster the energy for. You like to stir people's emotions in a negative way, and I like to call idiots idiots, and then prove it. You make that ridiculously easy.

As for the time I must spend writing all this - it's not all that much. I'm a good typist and I write a little whenever I have to wait for a background computer task to complete.

I'm sure you'll search for a way to flame me, since I have questioned your ability to reason logically. I really have lost all interest in your opinions. When they are about me, though, I will respond in kind. Otherwise, why don't you start playing World Of Warcraft, where you can grief an entirely NEW generation and class of people, and leave us intelligent, thoughtful, caring, considerate folk (or as you've called us, silly PC boys) alone.

Kevin, my only question for you is why are you are not out celebrating your successful fiancee visa and showing your lady around town? I am envious not of your logical mind, but your success with the visa and sitting beside your girl.

I am flattered that I am so important to you that you spend long posts dissecting me and building my psychological profile. Thank you for the in depth attention. Unfortunately, your conversation by overwhelm is just too much for me. We'd do better on the telephone...I don't keyboard well enough to keep up with you're encyclopedia pace.

I have really only engaged Eekee in a direct one-on-one, ongoing exchange with a few drive-by comments here and there by others. Eekee and i will either work it out or avoid each other.

I don't mean to be dismissive, but you don't seem like someone I can gain anything from talking with, nor do you seem particularly brotherly in your posture or demeanor...so I'll pass.

I hope you have an good wedding and live long and prosper...Mr. Spock.

Timeline
Pfff. I take a couple days off and everything goes to hell--without me.

Normally I'd have volumes to add, but Kevin (and Natasha) have pretty much covered everything I'd have had to say.

Welcome back Kevin, it's nice to see you fired up. :)

I was pulling double shifts while you've been loathing. I must say, I'm surprised you let surrogates speak for you. You're starting to act like a presidential candidate. Let me guess...I'm one of those bitter small town losers clinging to my guns. :)

Timeline

Oh yeah, it definitely must be low self esteem...

:huh:

P.S. SCII is right about one thing is that girls from Moscow/ST.P are more open about their sexuality than lets say girls from midwest or any kind of Suburbia. City girls in States are very similar to Russian women in terms of sex etc....

Edited by Ilya R.

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This is unbelievable ! I agree that everyone is entitled to there own opinion and what works for one may not work for the other. But I must say I think Kevin's story is priceless and I am looking forward to similiar situations with Olya and her Stas. As for the American way, Is there really an American way ? Are we not the melting pot? My hope is that we take the best aspects of both of our cultures and combine the best and go forward. Thats not to say that is right for all but it is for me ! Sometimes this Russian men versus American Men and Russian women versus American women is a little overblown. I love my Olya not because she is Russian but because of who she is. Actually, I wished she was from here and I could have skipped this process :) Keep the good stories coming Kevin !

June 2006-Became acquainted

September 8th - 15th 2007 - met in person in Vladivostok

October 15th, 2007 - Mailed I-129 to CSC

October 24th, 2007 - NOA-1

February 29th, 2008 called CSC - Was told case was assigned to an officer on February 27th

March 4, 2008 - NOA -2

May 28, 2008 - Interview - SUCCESS APPROVED !

June 6th - Planned arrival in Detroit Via Northwest Airlines

June 12th - Marriage

December 1, 2008. AOS interview. APPROVED !

January 2009 - green cards received !

May 2009 so far so good !

Filed: Timeline
Pfff. I take a couple days off and everything goes to hell--without me.

Normally I'd have volumes to add, but Kevin (and Natasha) have pretty much covered everything I'd have had to say.

Welcome back Kevin, it's nice to see you fired up. :)

I was pulling double shifts while you've been loathing. I must say, I'm surprised you let surrogates speak for you. You're starting to act like a presidential candidate. Let me guess...I'm one of those bitter small town losers clinging to my guns. :)

Heh...I don't think that word means what you think it means. :D Although it's true...I do tend to loathe even when I'm away. :lol:

Also...glad I entered the field of battle with shields up. :)

And while I don't know you well enough to tell if you're one of those bitter small town losers clinging to your guns (I always thought of you more as a big town loser clinging to your guns :lol:), I'll add fuel to the fire: I'm disappointed that Obama didn't stand behind his words, although I do realize the reality of the situation is that the voting public are mostly morons who can't think past a 10 second sound bite, and that it's easier to be offended by something that amounts to nothing in the bigger scheme of things, than to think about real issues that matter to real Americans. One day I hope Americans will be less dumb, but it's not looking good. Anyway. Everything he said is absolutely true. When people lose hope, they become bitter, and many do turn to guns and religion. That's why violent crime goes up in depressed areas. History is replete with examples. But even guns I don't mind so much. Religion, on the other hand, is a zillion times more dangerous than guns. Nothing scares me more than some idiot that thinks Jesus wants him to go out and hurt people. Except maybe when that same idiot wants Jesus in in science books.

mox: dragging topics off since 2007.

Edited by mox

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
I'm reminded of a math riddle: If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, then how long will it take a frog with a wooden leg to kick all of the seeds out of a dill pickle? Irrelevant, you say? Nonsensical, you say? Right at home in this thread now, I say!

Let's get back on track, everyone, and I vote we just ignore scii if he elects to post any more off-topic bilge water here. Anyone else have any amusing stories from life with their Russian significant other?

Natasha did explain to me 'foo', though I don't think I've heard either her or Vika use it around me to date. Vika has completed viewing every animated DVD I have and is now poking around looking for tapes. Come to think of it, though, I have a few more DVDs she probably hasn't stumbled over yet - the old Peanuts specials and the Christmas specials (Rudolf, Frosty, etc). I'll have to point them out to her.

Vika has taken a real shine to Pineapple-Orange juice (Schwan's variety), and seems to prefer it now over apple and grape-peach. I make a 2 quart pitcher (plus a 2-quart bottle of something store-bought) and we all go through them both in about 2 days (though I only get a glass or two usually). They love their juice, my two girls!

My wife isn't much of a juice girl, but I see that the Russians in her hometwon love their juice and disdain my koka. Her dad drinks kvas, that really didn't trip my trigger. Glad you have been introduced to "foo", it is fun and we might see it added to Webster's in a few years. I ran some of the Mat stuff, my wife says too low class and respectable folks don't use such language. I remind her of some of the English words she has used not the same. OK for her to do the bad but me oh no. Well I have already spilled the beans where my nads are, and happy for that, now I don't have to worry where to tuck em, torsion, or getting kicked where it will hurt. Now I can skip along like a little wood fairy and not be bothered when someone ask me if I am "Blue", nope just the eunuch of the house along with the male cats. Seems misery loves company. When I advised my wife of the deviations from this thread, well I guess you can probably figure out where she landed. Sorry there rustic Scotsman from yankeeland. She chastised me for living vicariously on VJ, i advised she needed to see that man's magazine that I just bought with the Russian hotties in it. When I told her it was the first time I bought one in the last 35 years, she got a kick out of my porna deprived state. And no we don't whistle in the house "throwing away money" don't drive down a road when a black cat crosses, she knocks on my head (something wooden) when recounting a good event, can't snap my fingers to get the cat's attention, too much like ordering a servant around. I tell her that us nutless ones have to have some way to communicate, and I don't meow (too high pitched now that I have joined the cats) or purr very well, and the cats seem to respond to the finger snap. Too bad, pitch your meows to their level and try to be more slothful like them, you are too active. To this I say, Honey punching buttons on the remote and popping a top ain't all that active. Loves to drive, didn't drive in Russia at all, yet had a driver's license. Tells lots of jokes on New Russians" and the road police. Every day is a new adventure. So many more in my aged and decrepit state I can't remember. Now what was this thread about? Oh yeah, love respect and admiration for our fellow man or woman. I hope I don't get in trouble with my wife for not writing "Fellow woman" first.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.