KGSodie

Russian wisdom from Natasha

212 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Come to Chicago for the best pizza, thin or thick crust.

Palermo's on 63rd (off Pulaski) is quite possibly the best pizza in the whole world.

I've been there. We ordered a delivery pizza while in Kiev and it was quite good. No rabbits though!!!

Few rabbits and squirrels in my yard; the dog takes care of that.

Alla is totally fascinated with and is dying to see the wild deer that run across the road. She is also terrified of the wild "wolves" (coyotes) that also run around. She doesn't know how people can walk in the woods or go camping when there are wolves about. I tell her that children in America are trained to fight the coytoes with their bare hands so it is not a concern!!!

I never went pizza tasting in Chicago, and now I probably can't (unless the pizzas come with fish on them and a side of soup). Wick's here in Louisville is not to be missed, if ever you are in town.

Where is Wicks? I don't remember that one. I'll be up there later this year so I might want to check it out.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to Chicago for the best pizza, thin or thick crust.

Palermo's on 63rd (off Pulaski) is quite possibly the best pizza in the whole world.

I've been there. We ordered a delivery pizza while in Kiev and it was quite good. No rabbits though!!!

Few rabbits and squirrels in my yard; the dog takes care of that.

Alla is totally fascinated with and is dying to see the wild deer that run across the road. She is also terrified of the wild "wolves" (coyotes) that also run around. She doesn't know how people can walk in the woods or go camping when there are wolves about. I tell her that children in America are trained to fight the coytoes with their bare hands so it is not a concern!!!

I never went pizza tasting in Chicago, and now I probably can't (unless the pizzas come with fish on them and a side of soup). Wick's here in Louisville is not to be missed, if ever you are in town.

Where is Wicks? I don't remember that one. I'll be up there later this year so I might want to check it out.

The original is in the Highlands, next to Molly Malone's on Bardstown, if that helps. Drop me a line if you want to meet up while you are here.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Let me know when that's going down, I'm less than two hours away. I'm good for at least one round of peeva.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Let me know when that's going down, I'm less than two hours away. I'm good for at least one round of peeva.

You are on the list. Ring me if you are down here for any reason.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Will do. I have Derby City on the list of Appleseed shoots for the weekend of Sept. 12-13. I'll keep you updated if I swing down that way before then.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Will do. I have Derby City on the list of Appleseed shoots for the weekend of Sept. 12-13. I'll keep you updated if I swing down that way before then.

Cool. The only problem might be that we are in Ukraine (post AOS). But if Vika will head over first - so I may be batchin' it :yes:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

That may not be such a bad thing. My buddy Dwayne might be in the same boat around that time too and if I'm down there for Appleseed, I'll probably be sans wife also. We could drink beer, play cards and talk about the women since they won't be there. Talk about the good things, of course.

Русский форум член.

That may not be such a bad thing. My buddy Dwayne might be in the same boat around that time too and if I'm down there for Appleseed, I'll probably be sans wife also. We could drink beer, play cards and talk about the women since they won't be there. Talk about the good things, of course.

Beer, cards, and no bitching about spouses? I'm not sure all of that is possible in the same sitting.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Check the calender. We were hoping to get to Louisville early this summer and still not sure about that, but we will be there for sure Oct 15th thru the 18th. Class reunion, visit my daughter, etc, etc. Found out I can save a pile, no, make that two piles of money by flying into Cincy (Ok...northern KY) and renting a car vs flying directly into Louisville. And I get there faster too as there is no layover in Atlanta.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Check the calender. We were hoping to get to Louisville early this summer and still not sure about that, but we will be there for sure Oct 15th thru the 18th. Class reunion, visit my daughter, etc, etc. Found out I can save a pile, no, make that two piles of money by flying into Cincy (Ok...northern KY) and renting a car vs flying directly into Louisville. And I get there faster too as there is no layover in Atlanta.

Come on then :star:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

CVG is a happening place! When you guys get your plans lined up, let me know, I'll be sure to save that Saturday or Sunday for a nice meet & greet.

Русский форум член.

CVG is a happening place! When you guys get your plans lined up, let me know, I'll be sure to save that Saturday or Sunday for a nice meet & greet.

You're on (and another thread successfully jacked - muahaha :devil: )

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline
If you whistle indoors, you'll lose all your money.

my favorite russian superstition--when you get a new apartment or house, make sure you make a cat go in first because apparently the first being that goes into the house or apartment will die first.

How about whistling in doors? While this is not a problem with my fiance, I thought that I have heard somewhere that this is not a good thing to do in russia

Irina confirms the whistling, I thought she was gonna kill me the couple times I did it.

The cat first is to remove bad spirits or karma or whatever. Of course since they are reputed to have nine lives... She says the cat will make the домовой (House spirit?) happy and peacefull.

She only enforces the socks or shoes when it's cold now though.

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

I'm still required to wear my "house shoes" in the house and "street shoes" only outside. But, what gets me is we have a small apartment, set up basically in a square shape where you enter through the kitchen and then our living room is next, bedroom, then bath. We're allowed to wear both street shoes and tapochki in the kitchen, but only tapochki in the rest of the house. Now, I'm not the smartest man in the world, but if you wear your street shoes in the kitchen, then your tapochki in the kitchen.... aren't you getting "dirty, foooooo, germs from street" on your tapochki?

Or, maybe this is her way of compromising.

Русский форум член.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm still required to wear my "house shoes" in the house and "street shoes" only outside. But, what gets me is we have a small apartment, set up basically in a square shape where you enter through the kitchen and then our living room is next, bedroom, then bath. We're allowed to wear both street shoes and tapochki in the kitchen, but only tapochki in the rest of the house. Now, I'm not the smartest man in the world, but if you wear your street shoes in the kitchen, then your tapochki in the kitchen.... aren't you getting "dirty, foooooo, germs from street" on your tapochki?

Or, maybe this is her way of compromising.

Well, this way the street dirt is confined to one room of the house and the rest of the floors stay clean. It's not about getting germs on your tapochki; it's about saving wear and tear on your floors and not having everything get as dirty (and your socks stay cleaner too). I grew up in a house with Russian rules in regard to clothes and shoes. My mom's rules are that you can wear shoes in the room you enter the house in--and sit on the couches in this room in your street clothes--but for the rest of the house, either stocking feet or tapochki and home clothes.

Первый блин комом.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.