Mommy2ZaidnSalma

Sunday.....

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Good morning everyone!

I was up at 5am bc my husbands friends couldn't remember the time difference thing and kept calling from Egypt - repeatedly :wacko: I was at work by 6am bc I couldn't get back to sleep :lol: the benefits of working in an industry that never sleeps :P

I'm trying to decided if I actually want to be productive the rest of the day, or just lurk around VJ :whistle: but I guess I should at least finish my current project before I make that decision :innocent:

Hahahahha yes this is apparently some cultural dictate -- to ring your phone off the hook -- even at all hours of the night (evidently without the faintest clue of what time it is overseas, or even the tiniest curiosity or inclination to find out before dialing.) It's ring ring ring ring RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING until someone is finally rousted out of their sound sleep to grumpily answer. Then you get to find out that there is no urgency at all behind the call -- it's like "hiiiiiiiiii.... what are you doing ?"

:wacko::bonk:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

LOL ! Hababi always calls me early, is surprised that I am still sleeping, and I remind him again of the time change! Has anyone seen, "The Band's Visit," by Israeli filmmaker Eran Kolirin? I think it's been out already, but it's just now premiering at my theatre that shows Indie films. It sounds real interesting !

Edited by Henna Rose

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning everyone

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
inshaAllah i am taking Egyptair and it is one way trip and if they gave me hard time about it at the airport i will get round one if not that will be ok

I have a random question for you guys.... what is the best airline for a ticket to Egypt? My hubby needs to go back in June, but the ticket prices so far are huge! :unsure:

I always found the best round trip tickets from where I live by nwa.com. I expect he may pay around 1100 after taxes not sure though. That is about what I paid last June. Good luck!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ugh that happened to me last night too! My husband texted me at 4am, and then called at 5am. HELLO we're 7 hours behind! :( grrrrrr! :)

I can't believe some of you are talking about SNOW. Its been 91 degrees here (and will be again today. ugh!) Its way hotter here than Morocco. D'oh!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

MMMMM MORNING EVERYONE. NOT SUCH A GOOD DAY FOR ME. SNOW CAME AND WENT LAST NIGHT THANK GOODNESS. BUT THE PAIN IN MY NECK DOWN MY ARM IS TERRIBLE. NOTHING IS HELPING. WILL HAVE TO TAKE SOMETHING LATER AND HOPEFULLY SLEEP. HAHAHA :unsure:

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-16

129F NOA1 : 2007-03-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-07-30

Interview Date : 2007-09-06

Visa Received : 2007-09-17

US Entry : 2007-10-15

Marriage : 2007-10-20

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Bio. Appt. : 2007-12-21

Interview Date : 2008-03-12

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-04-02

Approved : Yes

Greencard Received: 2008-04-13

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Approved Date : 2008-01-28

Date Card Received : 2008-02-01

Ugh that happened to me last night too! My husband texted me at 4am, and then called at 5am. HELLO we're 7 hours behind! :( grrrrrr! :)

I can't believe some of you are talking about SNOW. Its been 91 degrees here (and will be again today. ugh!) Its way hotter here than Morocco. D'oh!

it is 35 deg and snow flurries, i will trade you!!! lol

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi all! Happy Sunday! Yesterday was a good day too and I didn't say Hi then either (well not that I remember, maybe I did and I forgot, too lazy to look), so retro-Shabbat Shalom.

Well today I have lots of work to do and hopefully I'll get it done. Tonight is a cold snap--supposed to be 26, and then stop freezing for the year. I hope it doesn't get to 26 though. I moved the plants inside just in case.

A few nights ago Ammar called home and was disconnected and I was sleeping... I get this call at 4am with "hello?" over and over and finally, I hung up. I just didn't feel like saying hello more than 6 times without any end in sight to the exchange at 4am. I figured it was one of his sisters, and I knew he was probably trying to call her back anyway. When woken up, I don't always have the best thoughts and manners lol.

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Im back from church and as promised I prayed for and called out the names of those who are waiting for their visa.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

days7.gif

Good morning everyone! Will try this again! Posted one earlier but it went crazy...kinda like me today
:wacko:
Anywhooo I hope everyone is having a fantastic day along with a great weekend. Will be 91 here today ..HOT HOT HOT already!! I'm still trying to figure out what the hay i'm doing in Tucson with the sun and heat as I am a rain, gloomy weather lover!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

was just at the grocery store for two hours with the hubby...man, we needed alot of stuff...I thought i was gonna go into labor 45 minutes thru....everyone walking by has to look at me and ask... are you ok...or they comment, any day now...or just ignorant ones who will mumble....Damn or....that looks like it hurts....ummm yea, it dont feel good....lol...

anyways..i still have a house that needs dusting, floors that need cleaning, and laundry to do....i need to run to the meat market, get some steaks, beef ribs, etc....we like to bbq....and still get C batteries for this gliding/rocking bassinet thingy my sis bought for the baby.....tomorrow is week 39 at the doctor...i really wish for some change....crossing my fingers....

jac...wish i could come by ya, im sooo busy girl....if i dont see ya before zaid arrives, a visit with Zaid will shortly follow....i swear!!!! the weather will be nice, and ill be home alone with him for 2 months, so....sherlocks wont be a hassle!!!

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.