Marlita

Jamaica and the NVC

223 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Shrewdie...when you contact USCIS to find out about your petition, what is it that they are saying to you? It is absolutely ridiculous that things are taking so long! They don't even care that they are ruining people's lives....

Well, they say "you are still within our processing times" because they havent moved forward past July 2007 in over THREE months...

Rumor is that they are shipping some I-130 petitions to CSC.... who knows.

My congressman cant get any answers from them either and said to wait for 6 months past the NOA1 date (which will really be 9 months for me) and then they can take formal/legal action

whatever that means.

Mrs. P.....I'm sorry; but I can't comprehend a word you are saying. All I see is you rubbing the front of Obama's pants. WTH are you doing to the man?????? I swear he smirks when you do it.

oh my gosh. you are right. thats hilarious

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

So I noticed that alot of the non-immigrant, and immigrant visas are scheduled on either a Tuesday or Thursday. I thought that Kingston was done with this scheduling since NVC took over, but apparently not. Most all of you who have had interviews in the recent months have been on a Tuesday and maybe one or 2 on a Thursday. I know that VJ only is a handful of visa applicants but at least we can guesstimate that our interview will be a tuesday or thursday.

Also I know that the NVC "says" they schedule interviews during the 2nd week of every month but it seems that most yardies were getting info on their dates closer to the end of the month. So I am assuming many will start to hear news towards next week.

I would love to get an interview during the week of Indenpendence Day. Actually I would love for my husband to be here for that day...but thats a long wish.

So here's sprinkling good luck dust for some more interview news in the coming weeks.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

I've also done the DHL tracking since May 6th or so and there has been a Kingston delivery everyday, each weighing between 1-7lbs. So it seems there's some action going on. I know Kingston is a busy post but man! The island is the size of my county. I can not beileve there are that many people applying for K's or CR/IR visas.

Edited by Marlita

Filed: Timeline
I've also done the DHL tracking since May 6th or so and there has been a Kingston delivery everyday, each weighing between 1-7lbs. So it seems there's some action going on. I know Kingston is a busy post but man! The island is the size of my county. I can not beileve there are that many people applying for K's or CR/IR visas.

Even'nin Lita;

My girl u bettah believe it. There is a lot of Ks,CR/IR, work, visitors, business, entertainment...the list goes on.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Even'nin Lita;

My girl u bettah believe it. There is a lot of Ks,CR/IR, work, visitors, business, entertainment...the list goes on.

hey guys..does anyone have the link for the DS-230 so I can go ahead and get that filled out and signed?

I had it at one time..but I cant find it?

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

So i called NVC to see what is going on with my case since i still didn't hear a case complete...i spoke with an operator this morning who told me that it is still processing and that someone put a comment on my case yesterday stating for an officer to retrieve from mailroom.... :huh: ... are you flipping kidding me....she said to give it 5 to 15 business days from the date of them flagging it to hear a result... :huh: ...you really got to be flipping kidding me... I know i am going to have to wait a while for an interview since kingston is way backed up but i just want the comfort of knowing my flipping case is complete... :angry: ...anyway back to another flipping gripe... kingston taking so long to give an interview date... it looks to me once your case is complete its taking 3mos for an interview date rather than two... Looking at VJ member Trulo as an example...his case completed on 03.07.08 didn't get an interview date until 04.30.08 and it is for 06.03.08... so to me it seems Forbes, Kishmar, and Tash whose case were completed in April will most likely get an interview date by the ending of this month early June for a July interview...and case complete in May, Marilta will probably get her interview date by early/middle of June and get an interview for early August...Hopefully my case gets completed by the end of this month then i can expect a date late June or early July for a late August interview date...just my assumptions... I know...too much time on my hand at work... :whistle: ...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline

Augh! I hope I don't have to wait til August. But we'll see. With how small Jamaica is its ridiculous that the interviews dates are so backed up. I an tell this is a result of bad organization. Even overly busy embassy's like Manilla and HCMC are moving faster than Kingston.

Well your DS230 is still on regular schedule. I don't know how mine and a few others got done so fast...that was not the norm. Cause it used to be about 2 weeks from NVC receive to approve DS230. So you'll still be done before June. And it seems that all June dates are gone. But July is still open so we'll see if they fill up before getting around to me. Gotta keep praying about it.

Timeline

Yeah i am still within schedule but just seeing everyone's case complete btwn two to five days just makes me think like what is wrong with my case why i am not in that bunch...i called again...don't know why i keep doing that to myself because they told me the same story that my case has not been reviewed... :crying: ....hopefully by next week coming i hear something...hopefully too that by me always calling does not jeopardize my case... :whistle: ...I am going to do the letter thing and write to NVC and Kingston Embassy to request a date...we should all try...I don't think it will hurt...plus i think it will show that kingston takes to dag on long to assign dates that we need to push the issue...as soon as i hear a case complete i am going to do it...not sure what reasoning i am going to use but i will sure find one...I am trying to aim for July 31st...would love to be with my hubby during JA independence day...he was just telling me today that him and his friends were planning to go to Negril or Ochi and hit the beaches during the day and nightclubs at night...now i definitely need to be there.... :yes:... :lol:

US Embassy:

Timeline
Yeah i am still within schedule but just seeing everyone's case complete btwn two to five days just makes me think like what is wrong with my case why i am not in that bunch...i called again...don't know why i keep doing that to myself because they told me the same story that my case has not been reviewed... :crying: ....hopefully by next week coming i hear something...hopefully too that by me always calling does not jeopardize my case... :whistle: ...I am going to do the letter thing and write to NVC and Kingston Embassy to request a date...we should all try...I don't think it will hurt...plus i think it will show that kingston takes to dag on long to assign dates that we need to push the issue...as soon as i hear a case complete i am going to do it...not sure what reasoning i am going to use but i will sure find one...I am trying to aim for July 31st...would love to be with my hubby during JA independence day...he was just telling me today that him and his friends were planning to go to Negril or Ochi and hit the beaches during the day and nightclubs at night...now i definitely need to be there.... :yes:... :lol:

oh no jgay....its the october curse!! :devil:

nah. it will work out for you. be thankful you aren't in VSC HELL and I will be praying for the speed of yall's cases...by the time I get to the NVC thread yall will be gone...just promise to stick around and help me!!

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline
Yeah i am still within schedule but just seeing everyone's case complete btwn two to five days just makes me think like what is wrong with my case why i am not in that bunch...i called again...don't know why i keep doing that to myself because they told me the same story that my case has not been reviewed... :crying: ....hopefully by next week coming i hear something...hopefully too that by me always calling does not jeopardize my case... :whistle: ...I am going to do the letter thing and write to NVC and Kingston Embassy to request a date...we should all try...I don't think it will hurt...plus i think it will show that kingston takes to dag on long to assign dates that we need to push the issue...as soon as i hear a case complete i am going to do it...not sure what reasoning i am going to use but i will sure find one...I am trying to aim for July 31st...would love to be with my hubby during JA independence day...he was just telling me today that him and his friends were planning to go to Negril or Ochi and hit the beaches during the day and nightclubs at night...now i definitely need to be there.... :yes: ... :lol:

That sounds like a real fun time for Independence day. I've never been there during that time. My husbands fron Negril so thats like stomping grounds for us. Going there any day is great to me. I actually like it more when its less tourists cause it can get really busy in Negril, but july is a perfect time to go there. I am hoping for early July near US Independence day so i can take time off work around the holiday.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

hey guys..for the I-864 I think I will just send the info from 2007.

BUT I switched jobs in July

the only reason I dont do all 3 years is because I was still a student in 05 and didnt make the minimum

but I could send my last 6 paystubs I guess..

help????????

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

If you are not going to use co-sponser or bank statements and just your pay stubs and W2 I say use the I864EZ...

This what you will need:

A copy of your individual Federal income tax return, including W-2s for the most recent tax year, or a statement

and/or evidence describing why you were not required to file. Also include a copy of each and every Form 1099,

Schedule, and any other evidence of reported income. You may submit this information for the most recent three tax

years , pay stub(s) from the most recent six months, and/or a letter from your employer if you believe any of these

items will help you qualify.

So you have your 2007, all W2s for 2007...its optional to submit the other year taxes so don't worry about that...do submit your past 6mos...you could do past 3mos too if thats all you have...i did 6mos worth of pay stubs myself...and i also submitted an employer letter stating my current status and stuff...this is the link for the I864EZ...

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864EZ.pdf

US Embassy:

Timeline
If you are not going to use co-sponser or bank statements and just your pay stubs and W2 I say use the I864EZ...

This what you will need:

A copy of your individual Federal income tax return, including W-2s for the most recent tax year, or a statement

and/or evidence describing why you were not required to file. Also include a copy of each and every Form 1099,

Schedule, and any other evidence of reported income. You may submit this information for the most recent three tax

years , pay stub(s) from the most recent six months, and/or a letter from your employer if you believe any of these

items will help you qualify.

So you have your 2007, all W2s for 2007...its optional to submit the other year taxes so don't worry about that...do submit your past 6mos...you could do past 3mos too if thats all you have...i did 6mos worth of pay stubs myself...and i also submitted an employer letter stating my current status and stuff...this is the link for the I864EZ...

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864EZ.pdf

thanks jgay. thats what I planned to do. I mean, we have to write our income for those last three years anyway on the form.

I prepared my 2007 1040, my w-2s, last 6 months paystubs and contract letter from last year. I dont have one for this year yet b/c they havent finalized budgets for the next school year and they always do that first since our salaries are on there. I will probably have it before I need it (hope not though!!)

think that will be okay?

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.