38 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:dance::dance: I just wanted to tell everybody that Ayman received his visa this morning!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :dance::dance:

I got a text around 345 am my time that it was delivered to him. His visa was issued March 27th and it took about 2 weeks to get it mailed and then another two days to receive it. Tonight we will sit down and figure out flights together for this week. We are still trying to figure out what to do with the one way or round trip since there are so many people that have done both. I want to warn everybody though that neither one of us received an email from DHL even though we signed up for it. We just kept track of it ourselves.

I am so excited, shocked, thankful, blessed and whatever you name it. Its been a stressful 10 months for us and going through the pregnancy and birth of our son by myself. I am just so thankful that now he has the opportunity to be a father to him in person and a wonderful father he will be, I'm pretty sure of this :luv:

Thank you Visajourney friends for the support you have shown us along this journey so far. Without the guidance of this website we would still be trying to figure out how to fill out what and send where. I have met some wonderful people on her that have really supported us. Cheryl from Cheryl and Ahmed took me under her wing and was there to help me when I had no clue what to do next. Melinda and Mohammed, what can I say, you have helped both Ayman and I myself so much with your friendship and being able to relate to one another. I think you Melinda personally for all of those talks that got me through having my son and not crying myself to sleep at night but being able to go to bed with a smile. Mohammed, you are a great man and I am so thankful Ayman has made friends with you. You helped him keep his hope up and know that one day he will hold his baby boy. Bridget, Nagi, Sara, Lynn, Faith, Water, JP, Jenn, Jackie, Amal, Ayesha, Charles, Olivia, Kara, AJI, Wahrania, Tracy, Sparrow all of you plus anybody I have missed (its not on purpose, its called no sleep, forgive me )have one way or another touched my life with your story of inspirations and humor. I look forward to completing this journey through immigration and keeping in touch with all of you. May God bless us all and bring our loved ones safely home to us.

Tasha (F)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Tasha,

Congratulations!!! Im soo happy for you.

Let me share a few things that we found:

1. Having my SO travel was stressful on us both. One thing we did was I bought a sim card (cingular go phone) and he was able to use it in his unlocked phone. (I fed ex'ed it to him). He was able to call me as soon as he landed, call his mom to let her know he was ok and call me as soon as he was out of immigration. We found it invaluable that we knew we could call each other once he landed. Made him feel better to know I was just on the other end if he felt lost.

2. If you dont have a bidet...baby wipes (wet them down more). We found the "paper" here to harsh on him.

3. Be prepared for lots of phone calls home.

4. If he is under 30, dont forget the military permission (we got ours same day)

5. JFK took 15 minutes to get through immigration, he was welcomed and found them polite and pleasant. Nothing to worry about..no one was in immigration that day.

6. Call the airline directly to find out their policy on one way tickets on K1. Each airline has different policy according to Cairo Airport.

7. If he has a transfer, dont forget to find out if he needs transit visa to continue on flights

8. Remind him to travel with his passport close by and pen. He will need it on flight for I94 and customs forms.

9. If he's never flown before, we found it helpful for me to explain the process and sounds he would hear. Keeps the nerves down a bit when those bumping sounds occur and that turbulance doesn't mean you are crashing.

10. I drew a map and found pics of the immigration area of JFK He said it made it soo easy to get around...he felt he had already been there...was familar to him this way.

11. We are now considering a vonage phone line for his parents. Just sent them the phone equipment. IF they have dsl, they just hook up to it. If you use vonage and they do to...all calls are free. May run you 50-75 dollars a month to do this...but it's saving us around $250. Well worth it.

12. My SO was shocked at our road rules...couldnt understand why I stopped at red light even with no traffic...I'd explain a bit about this...and what he may see when he first comes...

13. Social Security cards only need his passport and I94 to apply for...HOWEVER...we were told it takes about 10 days for their names to update from homeland security. Therefore, they recommend waiting a minimum of 10 days to apply for the SS card. (we just got lucky and filed on the 10th day...it could be ok to do so a few days before, but was recommended to wait at least the 10 days to be sure).

14. I found small things for him to be responsible for as soon as he got here: taking out trash, showing him how to do laundry, cleaning out the car, and other small things for him to feel he is contributing.

15. Expect the first week for him to be exhausted. The change and jet lag really got to mine.

Over all our transition has been smooth. We have no adjustments to each other (but after 4 years together...we knew each other very well). The biggest adjustment has been just missing Egypt and home. Overall, he's adjusting to the american life and ways.

I wish you luck and much happiness together...may God bless you as you reunite with your love...

Faith

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-21

I-129F Received at VSC 2008-02-22 1:01 pm

Check was cashed on 02-28-2008

I-129F NOA1 : Hard Copy received 02-29-2008

03-05-2008: Touched

03-06-2008: Touched

I-129F NOA2 : CRIS Email 04-07-2008

04-08-2008: Touched

NVC Received : 04-08-2008

NVC Letter Dated: 04-11-2008

NVC Left : 05-08-2008

Consulate Received : 05-10-2008

Packet 3 Received : 05-20-2008

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 07-09-2008

Visa Received : 07-14-2008

US Entry : 11-07-2008

Marriage : 11-30-2008

File for Change of Status: 12/31/2008

Green card Received: 06/25/2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks to both of you! Faith, thank you for the invaluable information. I am not sure if we have time to fed ex the phone card but I thought about sharing my AT&T calling card with him so he could call from at least a payphone if he could find one. As far as things to do...well my maternity leave is over in 2.5 weeks and he will definatley have his hands busy with Malek! I will share all of this valuable information with him. Thanks again!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to you both.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations.gif

Tasha I am so happy for you. I am so gald Ayman will be able to see Malek soon. I am sure he is soooooooo excited to see his son. I have tears running down my face I am so excited and happy for you. Keep me posted about when he will arrive and stay in touch.

Cheryl

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Bless God! Another visa from Cairo and another prayer answered! :dance: :dance: :dance:

CONGRATULATIONS, T AND A !! I'm soooo very happy to read your post! Bleh, more happy tears again for me. Im wishing you both all the best!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Much Congratulations!

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
:dance::dance: I just wanted to tell everybody that Ayman received his visa this morning!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :dance::dance:

I got a text around 345 am my time that it was delivered to him. His visa was issued March 27th and it took about 2 weeks to get it mailed and then another two days to receive it. Tonight we will sit down and figure out flights together for this week. We are still trying to figure out what to do with the one way or round trip since there are so many people that have done both. I want to warn everybody though that neither one of us received an email from DHL even though we signed up for it. We just kept track of it ourselves.

I am so excited, shocked, thankful, blessed and whatever you name it. Its been a stressful 10 months for us and going through the pregnancy and birth of our son by myself. I am just so thankful that now he has the opportunity to be a father to him in person and a wonderful father he will be, I'm pretty sure of this :luv:

Thank you Visajourney friends for the support you have shown us along this journey so far. Without the guidance of this website we would still be trying to figure out how to fill out what and send where. I have met some wonderful people on her that have really supported us. Cheryl from Cheryl and Ahmed took me under her wing and was there to help me when I had no clue what to do next. Melinda and Mohammed, what can I say, you have helped both Ayman and I myself so much with your friendship and being able to relate to one another. I think you Melinda personally for all of those talks that got me through having my son and not crying myself to sleep at night but being able to go to bed with a smile. Mohammed, you are a great man and I am so thankful Ayman has made friends with you. You helped him keep his hope up and know that one day he will hold his baby boy. Bridget, Nagi, Sara, Lynn, Faith, Water, JP, Jenn, Jackie, Amal, Ayesha, Charles, Olivia, Kara, AJI, Wahrania, Tracy, Sparrow all of you plus anybody I have missed (its not on purpose, its called no sleep, forgive me )have one way or another touched my life with your story of inspirations and humor. I look forward to completing this journey through immigration and keeping in touch with all of you. May God bless us all and bring our loved ones safely home to us.

Tasha (F)

congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:dance::dance: congratulations :dance::dance:

have a happy new life with your love (F)

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats! :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

congratulation Tasha and ayman so happy for you guy

you and ayman are wonderful friends Allah bless you with happy life inshaAllah

thanks Fiath for your information you always great friend very helpful

good morning nagi hope u have great day

chyrel and ahmed soon inshaAllah u will get yours

estadia sarra inshaAllah you will get your NO2 soon

have great day Mena

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

congrats!!!!

“You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” - Jim Stovall -

Our Journey

2008-08-15 .......... Married on K-1!!!!

2009-08-28 .......... Sent AOS (I-485 and I-765) Application to Chicago

2009-09-11 .......... NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765

2009-09-25 .......... Biometrics Appointment in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-08 .......... EAD Approved (CRIS update)

2009-10-08 .......... I-485 Touched, I-485 Case transferred to CSC (CRIS update)

2009-10-09 .......... Biometrics Appointment #2 in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-15 .......... I-485 Case transferred to USCIS office

2009-10-16 .......... I-485 Touched, EAD card arrived in the mail

2009-10-19 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-04 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-05 .......... I-485 RFE (CRIS update)

2009-11-06 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-10 .......... RFE arrived in the mail

2009-11-12 .......... RFE response sent back to CSC

2009-11-17 .......... RFE Received at CSC (CRIS update)

2009-11-18 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-23 .......... I-485 Notice that new permanent resident status has been registered

2009-11-24 .......... I-485 Card production ordered

2009-11-25 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-30 .......... I-485 Approval Notice sent, Permanent Resident Card in the mail!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.