Bassi and Zainab

Air Tickets one way

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks guys! I can always rely on VJ to give me guidance.

I'll be in Ghana when we purchase the ticket, so I'm looking for a connection over there. We won't be able to buy it online over there. Unless, I get someone from here to buy it and email me the confirmation. I think it'll be cheaper there, but now that I think about it, I can probably just go to the airport to book the flight and all the airlines will be there. What do you think? Before I leave, I'll get the address for the Delta office in Accra. I'm flying Delta direct cause I just couldn't deal with a layover and my nervousness at the same time. So, it's not like I'll be price shopping. I'll just be hoping not to get gouged since they know I want him on the same flight that I'm scheduled for. NAA always made that easy. You'd just go into their office and they'd change it for you no problem. But alas, they are no more. :( It's really taking me a while to get over that. I'm obviously not good with change.

Well, I talked to Bassi about it and as I predicted he said, let's just worry about the interview for now. We'll think about that later. So, I smiled because at least my sweetie is consistent. :luv:

How often do I have to redo my yellow fever vaccination? Is it a one shot deal or does it have to be re-done every 10 years?

It's kind of nice having so much to do because it makes the time go by.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Thanks guys! I can always rely on VJ to give me guidance.

I'll be in Ghana when we purchase the ticket, so I'm looking for a connection over there. We won't be able to buy it online over there. Unless, I get someone from here to buy it and email me the confirmation. I think it'll be cheaper there, but now that I think about it, I can probably just go to the airport to book the flight and all the airlines will be there. What do you think? Before I leave, I'll get the address for the Delta office in Accra. I'm flying Delta direct cause I just couldn't deal with a layover and my nervousness at the same time. So, it's not like I'll be price shopping. I'll just be hoping not to get gouged since they know I want him on the same flight that I'm scheduled for. NAA always made that easy. You'd just go into their office and they'd change it for you no problem. But alas, they are no more. :( It's really taking me a while to get over that. I'm obviously not good with change.

Well, I talked to Bassi about it and as I predicted he said, let's just worry about the interview for now. We'll think about that later. So, I smiled because at least my sweetie is consistent. :luv:

How often do I have to redo my yellow fever vaccination? Is it a one shot deal or does it have to be re-done every 10 years?

It's kind of nice having so much to do because it makes the time go by.

I think it would be cheaper to buy the ticket in Ghana.

I don't have the yellow fever vaccine but every 10 years you need a booster.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
Before I leave, I'll get the address for the Delta office in Accra.

The Delta office is in the tall glass building near the airport. When you step out of the airport and look to your left, you will see it. If I remember correctly, it is called the Silver Star Tower. When you enter the building you will see signs directing you to the floor that Delta is on. It should be on the 5th or 6th floor.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi! I'm just popping in the thread. I didn't read all of the post so I apologize if I am repeating. OP, if you are buying the tickets in Ghana, you may want to give Bassi the money and have him buy it. In Ethiopia, just about everything has a price for Ethiopians and then a price for foreigners.

For my hubby, I bought a 1 way ticket e-ticket with Ethiopian Airlines (a direct route that I had flown before) via a travel agency in the US. I e-mailed him the ticket confirmation, then he took the e-mail, his passport with his visa stamp and went down to the airline office to confirm his flight. His interview was on a Tuesday, on Thursday they gave him his visa then I bought his ticket, and he flew to the US on Friday.

Timeline
Before I leave, I'll get the address for the Delta office in Accra.

The Delta office is in the tall glass building near the airport. When you step out of the airport and look to your left, you will see it. If I remember correctly, it is called the Silver Star Tower. When you enter the building you will see signs directing you to the floor that Delta is on. It should be on the 5th or 6th floor.

Thanks girl!

AOS

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Timeline
Hi! I'm just popping in the thread. I didn't read all of the post so I apologize if I am repeating. OP, if you are buying the tickets in Ghana, you may want to give Bassi the money and have him buy it. In Ethiopia, just about everything has a price for Ethiopians and then a price for foreigners.

For my hubby, I bought a 1 way ticket e-ticket with Ethiopian Airlines (a direct route that I had flown before) via a travel agency in the US. I e-mailed him the ticket confirmation, then he took the e-mail, his passport with his visa stamp and went down to the airline office to confirm his flight. His interview was on a Tuesday, on Thursday they gave him his visa then I bought his ticket, and he flew to the US on Friday.

Thanks. I know! I pass for ghanaian though. So, I don't usually get the american tax if I keep my mouth closed. :lol:

I wish Ghana would move that fast, but I know that's not going to happen. It'll probably take a minimum of a week for him to get the visa. That's why I planned my trip so that I arrive a day before the interview and then I'll be there for 2 weeks, hoping that's enough time for the embassy to fix the machine, buy paper, find his passport and give us the visa. :blink: Maybe.

AOS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
Thanks. I know! I pass for ghanaian though. So, I don't usually get the american tax if I keep my mouth closed. :lol:

I wish Ghana would move that fast, but I know that's not going to happen. It'll probably take a minimum of a week for him to get the visa. That's why I planned my trip so that I arrive a day before the interview and then I'll be there for 2 weeks, hoping that's enough time for the embassy to fix the machine, buy paper, find his passport and give us the visa. :blink: Maybe.

ROFL!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hey, mama. I bought my ticket for my SO over the phone from Delta (I don't believe you can purchase international tickets online with them, only domestic). I just had to go to the the airport in NYC to present my credit card an I.D. (They are very cautious about identity theft). You can call Delta (they have an international number too) from Ghana and present your credit card at Ghana Airport. When booking your flight be sure to ask them whatever questions you may have about checking in and presenting your credit card.

The funny thing is that I did not know initially that i had to present my card at the airport when I bought my ticket. My fiance called me at 1 or 2 in the morning saying that they asked him to present the credit card used to purchase the ticket. I thought..."How in the world am I suppose to get my credit card to Ghana in 2 hours?!?!!?"

After a little panicking and a phone call to Delta, I was told that I could present my credit card to Delta in a NYC airport. To my greatest relief. My fiance must have called me 10 times in 10 minutes!!! Poor soul.

Hey guys!

I finally got my airline tickets to go over for the interview and it was harder to buy this ticket then any other ticket. I don't know why I was so stressed out. I waited until close to the last minute. Maybe it was because it was so expensive.

Anywhoo.....I'm hoping people would be willing to share details on how you got your SOs home. Did you buy the ticket here and somehow got it to them? Did you send them money and they bought the ticket there somewhere? I know they don't really accept or advise using credit cards in Ghana and I wouldn't want to use my debit card for fear of any fraud or accidents. I'm just looking for guidance and specifics on what was done. I figure a one way ticket is really cheaper. And I know some people have had to get transit visas, although, I'm flying direct I'm not sure if Bassi will fly direct. Any help or info would be great.

Thanks.

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
My husband flew through Senegal. He didn't need a transit visa through Senegal and he flew on a one-way with South African Airlines. Everyone says RT are cheaper, but I don't know where they were finding those deals because for me, it was just cheaper to do one-way. I shopped around for prices on the flights that flew out of Senegal and South African had the best deal for us. I made all of the reservations on this side and they had me fill out and fax a credit card authorization form to the main HQ here in the US.

Oh yeah, it was an electronic ticket so he only had to show his ID in Senegal since it was already in the system. I did send him a copy of the confirmation email that was sent to me just in case they tried to hassle him.

We're coming in to NY and I think it'll be cheaper to buy a one way too. Did you use a travel agent? Is it possible to buy the ticket online in Africa? I used vayama to buy my ticket and their price was cheaper than the Delta price online for the same itinierary. Should I buy it now? I feel afraid to, really. Unsure of timing.

I've been shopping for a RT ticket for myself to travel next month to Nigeria. I also found the same flight and itinerary for a Delta flight on Vayama. Odd how they can do that. I'm probably going to purchase mine from Vayama. I know you can purchase a ticket from Africa on NAA, at least until mid May when they stop flying out of there. You have to send a copy of the credit card front and back and your id to your SO in order for him to board the plane. I don't know about the other airlines.

Good luck!

09/03/08 - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

09/10/08 - Picked up visa

09/20/08 - Arrived in the US - WHOOOOHOOOOO!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

Timeline

I called Delta because I am restless and trying to keep myself busy. A OW in August is about $1400 and next week sometime (if he remembers) Inusah is going to find out how much it would be if he bought the ticket in Ghana.

They did say you can buy it over the phone.

Click for full timeline

Timeline
I called Delta because I am restless and trying to keep myself busy. A OW in August is about $1400 and next week sometime (if he remembers) Inusah is going to find out how much it would be if he bought the ticket in Ghana.

Odd, when I feel that way, I take a nap. :blush:

I keep thinking that buying a ticket at the last minute in Ghana should be cheaper because they want to get rid of those empty seats, you know what I mean? But that could be wishful thinking. I think we have to go in person, cause I want to pay in cash. I wasn't planning on using a credit card. But if I have no other choice, I suppose I could.

AOS

Timeline

Odd, when I feel that way, I take a nap. :blush:

I keep thinking that buying a ticket at the last minute in Ghana should be cheaper because they want to get rid of those empty seats, you know what I mean? But that could be wishful thinking. I think we have to go in person, cause I want to pay in cash. I wasn't planning on using a credit card. But if I have no other choice, I suppose I could.

:lol:

I think that it would be cheaper to buy the ticket in Ghana too. But you don't want to wait too long. If you buy it in Ghana you can definitely use cash. The Delta rep said the ticket may be cheaper if it was bought in Ghana.

Click for full timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.