PinayAko

California Service Center Filers

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I keep seeing threads and comments from people who are understandably frustrated by the process and missing their significant other, but I also get the sense that some had unrealistic expectations to begin with. Having made use of the very helpful resources and information here at VJ, I anticipated a 4-6 month wait for NOA2 when I applied - obviously I'm hoping for an approval after only 4 months (which would mean I get approved next week... as unlikely as that seems) but I realise that it's far more likely to take nearer the 6 month mark.

I anticipated a minimum of 8-9 months to get my visa, with the possibility of it taking up to a year.

It may not seem fair but that's the reality of the situation for people filing through CSC.

The good part of all this is that a relationship that can survive this process makes a strong foundation for whatever else life throws at you.

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I keep seeing threads and comments from people who are understandably frustrated by the process and missing their significant other, but I also get the sense that some had unrealistic expectations to begin with. Having made use of the very helpful resources and information here at VJ, I anticipated a 4-6 month wait for NOA2 when I applied - obviously I'm hoping for an approval after only 4 months (which would mean I get approved next week... as unlikely as that seems) but I realise that it's far more likely to take nearer the 6 month mark.

I anticipated a minimum of 8-9 months to get my visa, with the possibility of it taking up to a year.

It may not seem fair but that's the reality of the situation for people filing through CSC.

The good part of all this is that a relationship that can survive this process makes a strong foundation for whatever else life throws at you.

I agree. I wonder sometimes if people find it more fair for VSC to be processing at a much slower rate? It was very depressing to see how quickly some applications were approved at one end of the country vs. how slowly they were being processed at the other. I had to ultimately do a reality check, and not get caught up in the swirl of VSC excitement or CSC depression. I was a vj member (and lurker) before I sent my application in. I saw the timelines for the service center I was filing at. I KNEW WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY I FILED. Since that time my expected adjudication date has fallen by a month - so I should be very happy with my situation - based on what my expectations were going in. What really changed (and initially caused me the greatest depression) was to see that some fellow filers were getting approved very quickly based on no reason other than geography. I finally couldn't even read the January filer's thread because it seemed to me to have become is a "congrats" thread for filers from a parallel universe. When I found myself becoming jelous of other people's happiness and good fortune I figured that I was not thinking rightly.

So I try to focus on my individual journey with Olga, which is not about the VSC, nor the CSC but with my quest to finally be with the woman I love. I have met some wonderful people on this quest that have helped me a lot. I am confident the day will come, but I don't waste the emotional energy to hope that next week, or the week after the CSC will eliminate the inequities between the two centers. I am perfectly capable of driving myself crazy, but that's no fun. After a rough first month and a half, I got off the rollercoaster, and find I'm much happier over all for it. The seperation still stinks, and I shake my head at the obvious inefficiencies at the CSC when compared to the other center; however, when I really look at it the timlines when I filed, the CSC has not broken it's "promise" to me. I really hate to admit that :lol:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Nicely put blake! :yes:

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Still it sometimes seems unfair.

Especially when people who filed later are being approved first. I thought it was supposed to be done at the same pace (when compared to volume). Guess not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I agree it does not seem fair ....we passed the 180 days at the week end and today is exactly 6 months since our file was received at CSC and I can say it is really getting harder everyday :crying: my SO will be trying to call CSC to try to get some answers before I get a breakdown :bonk:

It is better not to judge on Vj timelines .......my estimated date is passed by 1 month and 1 day now

(F)

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Sarah and I have talked about this, and I have to agree with Blake, is we're focusing on our journey through this. She will be visiting for a month in September, and then I'll be back there for Christmas. We're focusing on those dates, and what we plan to do, and keeping the visa on the back burner in our minds.

It's very discouraging thinking that the time line is so long, but keeping in mind the "big picture" it's but a drop in the ocean. And also I agree that it definitely sets a positive foundation for a relationship...both are working toward the same result, and it's not just one person doing all the work! Keep your faith in knowing that it *will* end and you'll be together.

K1 Visa Process:

I-129F Sent : 2008-05-23

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-05-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-10-01

NVC Received : 2008-10-03

NVC Left : 2008-10-21

Consulate Received : 2008-10-24

Packet 3 Received : 2008-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-11-10

Packet 4 Received : 2008-12-04

Interview Date : 2009-01-13 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-11

AOS:

Date Filed : 2009-04-14

NOA Date : 2009-04-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-04-30

AOS Transfer: 2009-05-06

Approval / Denial Date : 2009-08-07 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Greencard Received: 2009-08-21

ROC:

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-07-22

NOA Date : 2011-07-25

Bio. Appt. : 2011-08-25

Approved : 2011-10-21 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Green Card Received : 2011-10-26

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I agree it does not seem fair ....we passed the 180 days at the week end and today is exactly 6 months since our file was received at CSC and I can say it is really getting harder everyday :crying: my SO will be trying to call CSC to try to get some answers before I get a breakdown :bonk:

It is better not to judge on Vj timelines .......my estimated date is passed by 1 month and 1 day now

(F)

You guys really have gotten the pointy end of the stick. Seeing all those touches with no result must have been exceedingly frustrating. If I were in your position, having waited so long, I can't honestly say I'd be holding myself together as well as you have.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.