L & P

getting harder everyday

27 posts in this topic

hi all......don't worry I am just venting again........i try to keep busy and I am still working but it is getting harder everyday :crying: i am obsess with USCIS site which i check a minimum of 5-10 times a day. Even if as a manager in the UK for the NHS I am very busy with my work....it actually starting to influence on the way I work...i have family coming over from France on Friday for a week so It might help but any other kind of advice would be very much appreaciated ....my SO who is the USC give me all the support he can but our process been going on since April 2007 ( file got lost in post) .....Can i get any advise on how to cope a little better ?

(F)

thanks

Here is a point- would you feel better if you'd give up and break with your lovedone? Haha,got ya! i bet you wouldn't, so the point is we're not in a nice position, but we're waiting for an extraordinary thing to happen. That's why we need to stay strong and to face the time. Think of what would have been if you'd never meet your fiance? I'm afraid to even think about it. I would probably never find out what is it like to be that happy.

So, cheer up. Your lite at the end is getting closer.

:yes:

.png

UURI.jpg

Humm, how we made it through our 15 months... he bought 2 webcams and mailed me one, so that we could see each other. He'd leave it on when he went to bed so he could see me til he fell asleep. His lunch break happened to be when I was waking up with the time difference, so he was my alarm clock, and we'd talk for a while when I woke up. Then my lunch break was when he'd just gotten home from work so I'd call him... and then we'd put on the webcams when I got home, which was usually around midnight for him. Some nights, too, instead of the webcam we'd talk on the phone til we both fell asleep. He had a plan where he could call unlimited anywhere in France and North America, so leaving the phone on the entire night til one of us rolled onto it and it shut off wasn't an issue.

I'm a creative type so, for special days, I'd make a scrapbook page and mail it to him. I also scrapbooked photos of his 2 visits, and momentos that I saved from them. Any jokes we made up online or on the phone I'd scrapbook sometimes too. Then when he was missing me he'd look through it... sometimes when he missed me he needed to distract himself, sometimes he needed his fill of good memories instead.

For the times that I needed to distract myself, I have a stamp collection... thousands and thousands of stamps to be organized. :lol: Love it! I like making graphics online, too. Exercise is always good too, some form of that, maybe with some headphones and music to keep your mind from wandering. Basically find hobbies that fit you and that you can put all of yourself into, so that the next time you look up it's like oh wow that was two hours!

You'll get through it!

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

just happend to read this thread after having a bad day at work...

sometimes i just want to quit and get it done with....i can't concentrate at all... and just had a discussion with my boss today about how much my work sucks...

i am not the person that just does thinks so that they are done... and i hate it that i got to the point to hate my job... It is useless to look for another one at this point... And i am doing my best not to complain and just hang in there...but people here know how hard it is...Some days are worse than others...

i want this to be over so bad...and be where i belong...next to my baby...

Trying to concentrate on happy thoughts....like...he is coming to see me in 17 days.... :)

and after that maybe it won't be that much longer.... :star::star::star:

I129-F sent: 03-17-2008

NOA1: 03-24-2008

NOA2: 06-04-2008

Interview: 07-10-2008 - APPROVED!!!

Going back home: 07-23-2008 yaaaaay

Court house wedding: 10-09-2008

AOS sent: 10-16-2008

NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP: 10-22-2008

Case transfered to CSC: 11-07-2008

Biometrics: 11-12-2008

EAD an AP approved: 12-23-2008

AOS approved: 2-27-09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
hi all......don't worry I am just venting again........i try to keep busy and I am still working but it is getting harder everyday :crying: i am obsess with USCIS site which i check a minimum of 5-10 times a day. Even if as a manager in the UK for the NHS I am very busy with my work....it actually starting to influence on the way I work...i have family coming over from France on Friday for a week so It might help but any other kind of advice would be very much appreaciated ....my SO who is the USC give me all the support he can but our process been going on since April 2007 ( file got lost in post) .....Can i get any advise on how to cope a little better ?

(F)

thanks

Greetings,

I know what you mean about it getting difficult to concentrate at work. I have had to set goals for myself through the day. I tell myself when you finish this task then you can check the USCIS site again. It helps that I am able to speak with Vinera each everning and we usually excange letters several times a week. As you can read on our portfolio my petition was received at CSC and then missclassified and sent to Chicago so I've been fighting that whole battle. I have made 4 trips to Ukraine since January 2007 but I'm out of vacation until July 1. I believe that you have to make some type of agreement wihyourself that you can live with that will keep you from becoming totally consumed with though of getting your loved one here. I do try and remember how blessed I am that I have met someone so wonderful and that I could be alone with no conclusion to being single in the near future. I remember the times we have been together and realize that realitively soon we will be together for the rest of our lives! I try to fill my thoughts with only the positive and not allow the anxeity to gain a foothold!

hang in there, we're all pulling for you!!!!

Gerald :star:

Sending you hugs hon (F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

i'm sorry to hear you're frustrated with the wait. i think it's great that your family will be visiting you. that should be a positive time for you :star:

i am getting through by keeping myself very busy. i find the busier i am, the less i think about checking the uscis site (though i do check it once a day), and the less i get upset about me being here and david being there. i'm trying to do all the things in toronto that i've always said i was going to do but haven't done yet. i figure i'll play tourist in the city where i live and have fun with my last 6-12 months here. i've even committed to climbing the CN Tower next week as part of a fundraiser. anything to give me exciting and rewarding goals.

as far as work goes, it is hard to stay focused. it felt like i spent most of january crying at my desk and not getting much accomplished. but again, set small goals for yourself and you'll get through in no time. i also find when i have lots on my 'to do' list that the days fly by.

hang in there and know that you can vent here anytime :)

(F)

thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hugs to all

thanks (F)

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I am so sorry for your situation. What happened? How did the files get lost? Are you back on track now or still looking for the lost files?

We are also Oct filer and haven't got our NOA2 yet. It has been very frustrating seeing the updated date has not been changed since Feb. We try to keep ourselves busy with work and as one of the members said above, the busier you are, the quicker time goes. Try to think of things u don't get to do once you move to the US and people u don't get to see often after you move. Spend some time on those things and people. We spend a lot of time on the phone as well and that helps a lot.

Hang in there. Feel proud that couples like us have stronger relationship. Once we go through this, we can handle other difficulties in life easily too.

K1

10/12/2007 - I-129F mailed.

10/15/2007 - Package arrived at CSC.

10/22/2007 - NOA1 in the mail!! Check cleared.

10/25 ~26/2007 - *Touched*

10/28 ~30/2007 - *Touched*

11/1/2007 - Touched!

2/27/2008 - Touched!!!

4/25/2008 - NOA2

4/28/2008 - Touched

5/8/2008 - Package arrived at NVC

5/15/2008 - Package leaves NVC

8/23/2008 - Received instruction packet from consulate

9/28/2008 - Received interview appointment letter

11/06/20078 - K1 interview PINK!

AOS

1/12/2009 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed

1/27/2009 - Biometric appointment letter for AOS and EAD

1/29/2009 - Hardcopy of appointment letter received

2/6/2009 - Transfer notice hardcopy received (on this notice it says receipt date was 1/21/09.. but we never receive any receipt for AOS/EAD/AP)

3/27/2009 - Received AP

3/30/2009 - Received EAD

4/21/2009 - I485 is approved.

4/27/2009 - received Greencard

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Ens,

First set of files were sent in April 07 and lost in the post. Unfortunately we did not know this site at the time and when we called USCIS to enquire in August they told us about back log and to wait. We filed again in October

(F)

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I will tell you that you should consider calling them because it has been a while and as you see even some december filers at CSC they got NOA2 so do not wait I would call and find out and share with us why it is taking this long ...

goodluck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

We've been calling every week and all we got is that we should not call until we are 60 days overdue. Our time frame is still considered to be in normal time frame in their opinion.

I will tell you that you should consider calling them because it has been a while and as you see even some december filers at CSC they got NOA2 so do not wait I would call and find out and share with us why it is taking this long ...

goodluck

K1

10/12/2007 - I-129F mailed.

10/15/2007 - Package arrived at CSC.

10/22/2007 - NOA1 in the mail!! Check cleared.

10/25 ~26/2007 - *Touched*

10/28 ~30/2007 - *Touched*

11/1/2007 - Touched!

2/27/2008 - Touched!!!

4/25/2008 - NOA2

4/28/2008 - Touched

5/8/2008 - Package arrived at NVC

5/15/2008 - Package leaves NVC

8/23/2008 - Received instruction packet from consulate

9/28/2008 - Received interview appointment letter

11/06/20078 - K1 interview PINK!

AOS

1/12/2009 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed

1/27/2009 - Biometric appointment letter for AOS and EAD

1/29/2009 - Hardcopy of appointment letter received

2/6/2009 - Transfer notice hardcopy received (on this notice it says receipt date was 1/21/09.. but we never receive any receipt for AOS/EAD/AP)

3/27/2009 - Received AP

3/30/2009 - Received EAD

4/21/2009 - I485 is approved.

4/27/2009 - received Greencard

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
We've been calling every week and all we got is that we should not call until we are 60 days overdue. Our time frame is still considered to be in normal time frame in their opinion.

oh my goodness. how frustrating!!! especially given that you had to re-file! hang in there and i'm sure your time will come very soon. (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.