Lady Pinder

Advice please?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi - not sure about you going over there, but from my experience, just because your partner was denied previously, does not mean he will be denied coming to the UK again. They will hold him up, but as long as he shows definite ties back to his place of residence, intention to live where he lives and for you to be there with him, a return ticket, a job back home, anything...he will be allowed in. Just have all the evidence...they only refuse if they suspect that he wont leave, and your partner must be sure to show that he will return. They may curtail his permission to stay here until the return date on the ticket, and will check he returned, but as long as you are legit, you will have no major probs.

And don;t try the Ireland route or anything else that is dodgy....if you're caught, you'll both be in a lot of trouble...be up front and honest, and dont be nervous - you;re not doing anything wrong, as long as he leaves!

(By the way, EU citizens dont get stamped, so there is no record of EU citizens comings and goings, unless you've been naughty - Treaty of Rome...)

There is absolutely nothing dodgy about going in through Ireland. They may track you, but you certainly don't get the 3rd degree at customs going via Ireland as you do going directly into Britain. I have done this several times...when you go into Ireland tell them you are flying on to the UK. I've never been asked any further questions other than if I'm flying out through Ireland or UK. When you fly into the UK from Ireland you do not go through British customs as it is considered a domestic flight. I didn't write the laws of Irish/British travel, and it has in my experience always been a quicker and more pleasant route of travel than flying directly into the UK.

wtf-picard.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.