7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hello to everyone. I am engaged to a man who currently lives in Iraq. I am getting ready to file my K-1 visa forms, but was unexpectedly laid off of my job a couple weeks ago. I found another job for the time being, but took a substantial cut in pay compared to my former job. I believe I may need to consider a co-sponsor now, but am having a hard time finding someone to do this for us. Is there anyone who has been through this that could give me some advice? I am devastated that this has happened, but thought maybe there are some "other " ways to find a co-sponsor that maybe I am not aware of. Please help and thank you in advance for all of your time.

I am sorry for this bump in the road. As you will see there is a bump in the road many times on this journey and it is a heart wrenching one at that. But we will get our fiances/husbands so we do it.

Ok, I used to think only family can sponsor. But this is not true at all, as in the post below from reply of another person in your situation:

QUOTE(john & jean @ Feb 13 2008, 06:21 PM)

All is not lost. Any USC or LPR can cosponsor for you.

Do you have any friends or relatives that can do this? They will not have to give any literal financial help so it is really nothing that you are asking for but look for any relatives that may be able to help.

If all else fails I would consider even a 2nd job for the time being while financial issues are still active in the process. I mean after the case is at the embassy level if you quit its not going to hurt the case much. Meanwhile you may even get a better job by then so for temporary purposes, it may be hard but its an option.

The whole point is the USC has to be able to support the person they bring so they are so tough about it. Why don't you think about every person you know and trust who is a USC or legal permanent resident and see if they are willing to be co-sponsor and let them know you will not be asking for any literal financial help. I know people who did that before, and they had no literal burden.

Make some phone calls and talk to family. Also calculate how off you are from the poverty guidelines. It may be a little amount you need and can cover on your own with a 2nd part time job.

Tammy (F)

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Here are the guidelines. Its not too hard to cover if it is only the two of you.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1655010

Best wishes,

Tammy (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
I am sorry for this bump in the road. As you will see there is a bump in the road many times on this journey and it is a heart wrenching one at that. But we will get our fiances/husbands so we do it.

Ok, I used to think only family can sponsor. But this is not true at all, as in the post below from reply of another person in your situation:

QUOTE(john & jean @ Feb 13 2008, 06:21 PM)

All is not lost. Any USC or LPR can cosponsor for you.

Do you have any friends or relatives that can do this? They will not have to give any literal financial help so it is really nothing that you are asking for but look for any relatives that may be able to help.

If all else fails I would consider even a 2nd job for the time being while financial issues are still active in the process. I mean after the case is at the embassy level if you quit its not going to hurt the case much. Meanwhile you may even get a better job by then so for temporary purposes, it may be hard but its an option.

The whole point is the USC has to be able to support the person they bring so they are so tough about it. Why don't you think about every person you know and trust who is a USC or legal permanent resident and see if they are willing to be co-sponsor and let them know you will not be asking for any literal financial help. I know people who did that before, and they had no literal burden.

Make some phone calls and talk to family. Also calculate how off you are from the poverty guidelines. It may be a little amount you need and can cover on your own with a 2nd part time job.

Tammy (F)

dear tammy,

thnx for your sugeestions, and your optimism....it has been a long road already, and we are just starting! Needless to say that me being american and raised in a christian house, my family has not been too supportive of my relationship with my fiancee. It is unfortunate how fear has turned so many to discriminate and hate those they dont understand, and my family is no exception. I love him though and hope that my loving persistance and patience with their ignorance will eventually help them to see the wonderful man i love in the true light he deserves. In the meantime, this has proven to make difficult my attempts at securing help and support from them....so maybe a second job will do the trick. I would be willing to flip hamburgers while standing on my head with a clown nose on if that is what it takes (however i hope iti doesnt come to that...lol) thnx again ......:)

Jujubee! Girl I see you joined today! Please come to the MENA forum! You will be right at home! We all know what youre going through honey. I sent you a personal message, please read it.

Tammy (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.