doodlebugg

So does it really suck when they get here or what?

429 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow. These marriages sound 4 times harder than others. I think if I had to live by all of these tips and rules my ME/NA husband would have divorced my a$s a few days after the wedding. Or the other way around. Not sure. :P

Where do you guys find the patience and understanding?

Does it ever get significantly easier?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY DO YOU WRITE SOME OF YOUR THINGS ABOUT YOUR HUSBAND THAT SHOULD BE A SECERT BETWEEN A HUSBAND AND A WIFE? i mean writing ur troubles in some website !! and let starnge people read and comment it...

whatever!

yazied

Because we are Americans. One thing my husband learned fast was that just about anything he told me I was going to tell my mom, my grandma and my sisters. We are all going through a huge life change and it helps to have people who are dealing with the same issues as you are. At least in my case when I try to talk about problems my husband shuts right down so it's pointless. At least this way we have some idea that we're not alone.

*waiting for flames to fly*

exactly what i was really trying to say. lol

Furthermore to add to this, I am Jordanian and so is my husband and neither of us have an issue with it so it's not just Americans that do this.. I don't consider what I said on here to be a secret in any way shape or form. If anything, it will help other couples adjust and understand their husbands point of view. My husband has no issue with my posts here and I think most women here can say that.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

you gotta admit some women come here and REALLY spill the beans though, jp. i do not think a lot of husbands would appreciate it. (like hayati is saying)

and from my personal experience my husband does not appreciate me telling my GFs on the phone about any issues we have.

i don't think amera was insinuating only americans do this. *shrug*

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Wow. These marriages sound 4 times harder than others. I think if I had to live by all of these tips and rules my ME/NA husband would have divorced my a$s a few days after the wedding. Or the other way around. Not sure. :P

I don't think that it is MENA marriages that are harder than others but anytime you have marriage with 2 completely different backgrounds it will be hard to adjust to each other. Throw in the fact that you many have met online and had long distance relationships, it will only make it harder.

It actually does get easier if you can BOTH learn to compromise, if its only one person compromising then I don't think it would work out.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Bridget, my best advice to help with the upcoming transition is for BOTH of you to be patient with each other and open about your feelings. Know that he might take some of your "helpful advice" as complaining about him and I am SURE that someone asking you 500 questions a day will drive you over the edge of a cliff. I truly wish you both the best of luck and a lifetime of happines. :D(F)

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

you gotta admit some women come here and REALLY spill the beans though, jp. i do not think a lot of husbands would appreciate it. (like hayati is saying)

and from my personal experience my husband does not appreciate me telling my GFs on the phone about any issues we have.

i don't think amera was insinuating only americans do this. *shrug*

Oh I totally agree, many spill the beans. But that isn't what this thread is about so I see no reason to start trashing it. On the contrary this thread is to help women here find ways to help their SO's adjust.

My point about the Americans wasn't to Amera but actually it was to Hayati. My point was even someone like himself (Jordanians) don't have an issue with this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

wow this is one interesting topic!!!! lol i learned so much even though my husband is the USC..... i dont know how hard it will be for me to adjust but im pretty familiar with the culture i ve had american friends thru out my life basically so im good with the language.....i think getting my liscence in pharmacy is going to be hard and will face problems coz i wear hijab!! Also will miss family and having my gurls night out but i can always make friends there .. i already made a few friends online whom im planning on meeting up with insha Allah but seriously i can sooo make it with only him in my life!! he is my best friend :luv: . I think having to depend on him is not an issue for me i like it :D

when my husband was here for 3 weeks -longest ever been together like physically :(- i noticed im such a neat freak and i wanted everything to be put in a perfect way i didnt know that about myself before i wasnt like that in my single life LOL . Specially with washing the dishes... i take forever and i wd have to smell everything making sure no bad smell :wacko: he got irritated from that and i got irritated from myself too!! LOL i put in mind when i get there i have to calm down and take it easy and let him have some control since its his country n its only for the frst couple of months until i know my way around things insha Allah... but i think i will have FULL control in the house; im not saying he cant help but i sure will tell him what to do coz he doesnt have a clue lol i already learnd how to deal with his stubborness ... just let it go his way then he realizes i was right so we go back to my way :devil: i dont even have to argue anymore lol oh God he is still the best thing to everrr happen in my life!!!! i dont care what happens in this world i wanna be with him and only him and no problems wd ever come between us -hopefully lol- he is more than worth it!! i still thank God for this gift every single day.... (L)

Jenn--- im sorry but what does STFU stand for :blush:

lyrics.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
so my fear is falling in troubles cuz i am so tempered.. i mean fights.. and i dont feel scared of any1... i hit any body.. and i dont care if ur 8 ft tall... lol...

well that's gonna be fun to see how that turns out in the usa. :pop:

Lol....thats what I was thinking. Perhaps jail time for violence would change him.

WHY DO YOU WRITE SOME OF YOUR THINGS ABOUT YOUR HUSBAND THAT SHOULD BE A SECERT BETWEEN A HUSBAND AND A WIFE? i mean writing ur troubles in some website !! and let starnge people read and comment it...

whatever!

yazied

Do you honestly believe that the wives in your hometown don't talk?

Lets just say that the good in my husband far outweighs any difficulties we run into. And yes, once we adjusted to each other it is so much easier. I wouldn't change one thing about what we have gone through together. Each difficulty makes us that much stronger and in love.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

i am so sick of this,,, all those girls talking about mena men as they are devils .. .... i am really so upset...

why do i give a f* care to this? i shouldnt even read it!!!!!

A 1000 MiLeS jOuRnEy BeGiNs WiTh 1 StEp.

coollogo_com_85561955.gif

thDSC04457.jpgthcutehabibiti.jpgthDSC04482.jpgthDSC04476.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/mejwez

i spent 15 months and 13 days without my wife.... enough said

http://www.4shared.com/file/87165041/271184eb/__-__.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
i am so sick of this,,, all those girls talking about mena men as they are devils .. .... i am really so upset...

ireland-wave-goodbye.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

ireland-wave-goodbye.jpg

:rofl:

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

ireland-wave-goodbye.jpg

:rofl:

:thumbs:

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
:wacko: who's saying they are devils? you have a hot temper there, buddy!

Well he's said we're saying it or saying they change, but as of yet no one has actually said anything like that :)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.