Jeraly

You know you're living in America and not the UK when...

208 posts in this topic

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

There is a place down the road from me called Ventongimps which has always amused me...

We drover through Toquerville in southern Utah which amused us :lol:

I have some instances of an "Aunt Fanny" in the family tree...

There used to be a chain of sweet shops here called Fanny Farmers.

Knowing the UK meaning of the word fanny just changes things completely for me! :lol:

And you think that fanny in the US meaning is ok for a sweet shop?! :o

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

You know your dealing with Americans and not British people when they are actually friendly in the TAX office :yes:

Ha ha! You went today? Aren't they lovely in the London IRS office? When I went, and owned up to not filing for over a decade, the guy behind the counter gave me a stern look, turned to his colleague and said, "Okay Mike, we got another one. Get the cuffs." And then he proceeded to help me get all the forms going back to 2004, and talked me through them.

I (L) the London IRS guys!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

There is a place down the road from me called Ventongimps which has always amused me...

Knowing the UK meaning of the word fanny just changes things completely for me! :lol:

Well, Fanny is actaully a name sometimes used for a woman here (not recently tho) so the sweet shop was named for the woman who started it, Fanny Farmer. :lol:

But can you imagine someone farming fannies? Oh the bizarre images that conjures!! :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
You know your dealing with Americans and not British people when they are actually friendly in the TAX office :yes:

Ha ha! You went today? Aren't they lovely in the London IRS office? When I went, and owned up to not filing for over a decade, the guy behind the counter gave me a stern look, turned to his colleague and said, "Okay Mike, we got another one. Get the cuffs." And then he proceeded to help me get all the forms going back to 2004, and talked me through them.

I (L) the London IRS guys!

Yeah, they were sooo nice. I can't tell you what they did, they were so helpful that they made me promise not to tell anyone :innocent:

And I went yesterday, on their busiest day of the year. :star:

The UK Wiki

There was a Mr P Enis in our telephone directory in england

LOL

Tony

I worked with a Mr P Enis!

My mother recalls a guy in the local phone book when she was a kid named ####### Checker -- not so much a name as a vocation, methinks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Why are you guys talking about dirty names xD

I'll contribute anyway :P

My coach in high school, no lies, maybe could even find him online: Harry ####### Cox.

He went by #######. I bet he thought long and hard about that one, which one of those two options is BETTER. Oh poor guy :(

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: Timeline

I used to work with a lady named Joan Vinall-Cox. I couldn't believe that she didn't seem to notice. :blink:

I also used to work with a lady named Barb Boodhan. She had huge boobs, so we used to call her Boobs Bardhan when she wasn't within hearing distance. I was terrified I'd actually call her that to her face. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I used to work with a lady named Joan Vinall-Cox. I couldn't believe that she didn't seem to notice. :blink:

I also used to work with a lady named Barb Boodhan. She had huge boobs, so we used to call her Boobs Bardhan when she wasn't within hearing distance. I was terrified I'd actually call her that to her face. :lol:

lol

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

lol

MEGA-lol! :rofl:

Well, Fanny is actaully a name sometimes used for a woman here (not recently tho) so the sweet shop was named for the woman who started it, Fanny Farmer. :lol:

But can you imagine someone farming fannies? Oh the bizarre images that conjures!! :lol:

:rofl: Yeah - it was a name used here a long time ago as well but still!!

Why are you guys talking about dirty names xD

I'll contribute anyway :P

My coach in high school, no lies, maybe could even find him online: Harry ####### Cox.

He went by #######. I bet he thought long and hard about that one, which one of those two options is BETTER. Oh poor guy :(

LMAO!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::lol: :lol:

Mr Tits-Pervert anyone?

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

... you get a refill in your coffee cup or a refill with the soda at no extra charge (shame on UK companies).

... you buy KFC ....... !! Mash gravy and not chips !!

How do you think I feel being in Kentucky?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.