♥Sora_9_Dam3a♥

It's Friday!! It's Fridayyyyyyy!!!!!

101 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
You know what bugs me the most is that this has all gone so smoothly up until just now as far as his coming. My kids have been happy with anticipation and are pretty cool about it all. We've discussed issues that have come up and have talked about being open in communication when problems arise once he's here, etc. I NEVER expected this problem and I'd love to bring up bigotry at our monday night family meeting but then if I put the spotlight on it then they'll just resent him. Kids this age are more into who accepts them amoung their peers rather than what is ethical...to a point. I hope this isn't going to be a bigger problem.

The fact that they've all met to discuss this is really embarassing and now I have to wonder if the whole town isn't talking about me. All the smiles I've gotten since wearing hijab are probably a front. I'd move in a ny minute if I didn't think it would rip my kids' hearts out to leave their freinds and burn resentment towards their new stepdad. UGH.

Plan your own meeting and ask them if they would like to come over and meet in person to rid of the (fears), cake and ice creams should do the trick. Its the parents not the kids.....

maybe later but right now i feel like telling them all to go fk themselves.

that's just awful bridget! why dont you offer them parents your assistance of pulling the stick out of each and everyones A$$es!

I sure hope they come around for the childrens sake.

on a sidenote, i keep getting phonecalls from these places telling me that im getting a courtesy call cause my car warranty is about to expire :blink: it's been expired about 5 years now, they call my home, my cell, my work and my husband 's cell :angry: this is so annoying! and its not like i can tell them to stop calling cause its a recorded message, so i dont know how to stop it, this has been going on for a few weeks now :unsure:

Change your cell number and as far as your home phone, get dial up and leave the pc on. It works for me. :blush:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what bugs me the most is that this has all gone so smoothly up until just now as far as his coming. My kids have been happy with anticipation and are pretty cool about it all. We've discussed issues that have come up and have talked about being open in communication when problems arise once he's here, etc. I NEVER expected this problem and I'd love to bring up bigotry at our monday night family meeting but then if I put the spotlight on it then they'll just resent him. Kids this age are more into who accepts them amoung their peers rather than what is ethical...to a point. I hope this isn't going to be a bigger problem.

The fact that they've all met to discuss this is really embarassing and now I have to wonder if the whole town isn't talking about me. All the smiles I've gotten since wearing hijab are probably a front. I'd move in a ny minute if I didn't think it would rip my kids' hearts out to leave their freinds and burn resentment towards their new stepdad. UGH.

Plan your own meeting and ask them if they would like to come over and meet in person to rid of the (fears), cake and ice creams should do the trick. Its the parents not the kids.....

that's just awful bridget! why dont you offer them parents your assistance of pulling the stick out of each and everyones A$$es!

on a sidenote, i keep getting phonecalls from these places telling me that im getting a courtesy call cause my car warranty is about to expire :blink: it's been expired about 5 years now, they call my home, my cell, my work and my husband 's cell :angry: this is so annoying! and its not like i can tell them to stop calling cause its a recorded message, so i dont know how to stop it, this has been going on for a few weeks now :unsure:

Change your cell number and as far as your home phone, get dial up and leave the pc on. It works for me. :blush:

or maybe i call Dr. Kevorkian, he could assist me with helping eliminate these people..lol :lol:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello, hello, hello, my lovies!!! today is going by fairly quickly--i was very giddy and excited all day...couldn't sit straight, and i would cry tears of joy every once in a while--lol--yes, even while i was on the subway--what else can i do or think about for one whole hour??? lol...i got home a little past 4 and chatted with my hubby for about 10 super quick minutes--he seemed to be in a rush, but wanted to ask a few questions about jobs we applied for and the likes...his mother has been with him in the city for the past week so she could spend time with him before he travels..he'll be leaving for the airport at 5:30am his time, insha Allah--which will be 11:30pm my time (EST)....so i'll be calling him at that time to wish him a good trip, insha Allah...

thank you all so much for your well wishes!!! thanks sarahaziz and hislittlemasriyah!! i pray that your day will come sooooon and we'll all jump for joy together, lol!!!

i pray that all our hubbies come safely insha Allah!!..

oh, haha....on facebook, i got an invitation for "Hug An Egyptian Week"--lol--it starts on Saturday, April 5th and ends on Wednesday, April 9th...what a great week for hugging Egyptians!!! lol...

hope everyone's friday is going well!! Bridget, i'm sorry to hear about the "meeting" :rolleyes: --just give them time and they'll realize on their own that they're wrong...

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Timeline

or maybe i call Dr. Kevorkian, he could assist me with helping eliminate these people..lol :lol:

I hear they are gonna let Uncle Jack out soon. He will *hook* you up.....I promise. :lol:

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Wishing your husband a safe trip home, Sora! :energy:

Bridget, I just dont know what to say to you other than Im sorry you have to go through this #######. This is supposed to be such a joyous time for you. (F) (F) (F) (F)

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi everyone! mireya its good to see you (been wondering how you were) and sorry to hear things are still stuck! :(

bridget: LAME people. lame, lame, lame, lame!!!!!!!!!!

sora: congrats on tomorrow! :energy:

Edited by sereia

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

♥Sora_9_Dam3a♥

I am so excited for you, I want all details of your reunion. I am again on some kind of cough surp high, so if this sounds crazy, let it go. lol One day I will feel all better :wacko:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

CONGRATS SORA FOR U!!! BRIDGET, THIS IS TOUGH BUT YOU KNOW YOUR MENA SISTERS ARE HERE FOR YOU. AND IF THEY HAVE HUG AN EGYPTIAN DAY THEY MUST HAVE HUG AN MOROCCAN DAY!!!!

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-16

129F NOA1 : 2007-03-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-07-30

Interview Date : 2007-09-06

Visa Received : 2007-09-17

US Entry : 2007-10-15

Marriage : 2007-10-20

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Bio. Appt. : 2007-12-21

Interview Date : 2008-03-12

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-04-02

Approved : Yes

Greencard Received: 2008-04-13

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Approved Date : 2008-01-28

Date Card Received : 2008-02-01

You know, I can kind of understand the trepidation on wanting their daughters in a house with a man that they don't know. I mean unfortunately sexual crimes are abundant these days and how do they know he's not an offender BUT I would hope that they all know ME enough to know that my judgement is in line. I guess that's what hurts too .... the fact that they don't think enough of my judgement to feel safe. It's not like I sat down with each of their husbands to interview them, you know? How the heck do *I* know that any of their husbands aren't sicko's other than the fact that their kids *seem* well balanced?

I have to stop thinking about this or it'll make myself sick.

You should write a letter and include that. You should also remind them of everything you've done for and with their children and how much you care about them. Tell them how much it hurts you to hear this news and that you would much rather them talk to you about their fears instead of holding a meeting without you to discuss the unknown. It was unfair and cruel what they did. Send each parent a copy of the letter and tell them you would like to come to a solution since the girls are such good friends.

I think it would be a civil way to handle it while also showing them that you are upset by it but want to work something out. It would also be a good way to show your girls that things can be handled in a calm manner even if it is something that you aren't happy about.

I wish you much luck in this

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My Friday at work is over. I had to work from home because my ex hasn't held up his end of paying for daycare, so daycare wouldn't except my daughter and I had to pick her up.

Jackie~As for that "surprise", not gonna happen. I guess it wasn't in Allah's plan. Which is a good thing.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a great weekend. I'm so excited that all of our men are coming home. Lots of fun this weekend. ;)

I'm gonna try and make it to the slumber party. I'm gonna try and keep my daughter busy.

Label.jpg

.png

mybabygirl-1-1.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

So happy for you Sora. Bet you are bouncing off the walls. And you deserve it. My best wishes to the both of you.

Bridget.......

I hate to say it, but I have parents come straight out and tell me when Ahmed comes their child will no longer be allowed at my house. So, I simply told them why bother waiting, keep them home now. It worked. You have to take a stand to bigotry. You say it does not bother your children? Right now, probably not. But, I think the suggestion of having an "open house", or some type of gathering for the friends and neighbors to meet him and get acquainted would help. I think people get sterotyped, and we have to show them this is not the case. The cake and ice cream sounded like an excellent idea. Nothing fancy, just an introduction party to meet the neighborhood.

If you are from a small town like me, good luck. I have been here 17 years, and because I was not born here, I am still an outsider........lol. I just don't let that stop me. I do what I want to do. I mind my own business. And I always figure when I hear a rumor going around about me, that means they are leaving someone else alone.........lol. I have broad shoulders.

The only one who can ruin your happiness is you. After all this time, why would you want to do that?

Sora, again, congratulations. Bridget, hang in there.

Take Care,

Sue

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

for any interested in what the devil (me) looks like, check here

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1726934

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
for any interested in what the devil (me) looks like, check here

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1726934

I checked it out.....boy was i way off the mark :lol: . Very good pictures by the way. You look great! :thumbs:

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.