caramella

i need help

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Everyone has to go through AP.

Administrative processing is security checking the fingerprints you gave and checking your name (that it does not match up with a criminal or terrorist name). And if you have technical profession, they check this also.

The Embassy sends back the fingerprints and your name to the Department of State (DOS) in USA. The DOS then sends your information to CIA and FBI and other departments. It is the waiting from these departments that takes so long.

When all the security checks are done, the case goes back to the Embassy. The Embassy calls you and then you get your visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i dont have no record criminal, and history is really clean and clear, just i have degree of technical computer. so this problem or somthing?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Understand....everything has to be investigated.

Name check example:

Syed Mohamad Khan - a very common muslim name. It will be checked in different orders:

Mohamad Syed Khan

Khan Mohamad Syed

Syed Khan

Mohamad Khan

Khan Syed Mohamad

Do you see? They will check the name backwards, forwards, inside and out.

So if you have a common muslim name...Expect to wait.

And yes, even your computer technical degree will be checked.

But don't fret too much...we all have to wait in AP, just like you.

Timeline
Everyone has to go through AP.

Administrative processing is security checking the fingerprints you gave and checking your name (that it does not match up with a criminal or terrorist name). And if you have technical profession, they check this also.

The Embassy sends back the fingerprints and your name to the Department of State (DOS) in USA. The DOS then sends your information to CIA and FBI and other departments. It is the waiting from these departments that takes so long.

When all the security checks are done, the case goes back to the Embassy. The Embassy calls you and then you get your visa.

Nutty, quick question:

Do they send all this stuff back and forth electronically or via snail mail? i was under the impression the fingerprints were electronic for some reason...?

Just wondering as i'm hoping for the best, preparing for the worst...

Thanks, (F)

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Nutty, quick question:

Do they send all this stuff back and forth electronically or via snail mail? i was under the impression the fingerprints were electronic for some reason...?

Just wondering as i'm hoping for the best, preparing for the worst...

Thanks, (F)

hz

I believe every Consulate is different. My husband went through AP for a year and two months and we were never alerted to anything being sent back to the U.S. AP is really a black hole of NO INFORMATION. There is absolutely no way to predict how long one will be in AP. As I said before, I was told by my Congress Rep that because the FBI's system of doing these background checks is so archaic that is what is making the process so long.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Timeline

:crying:

the crazy thing is that i sent my sister that brief article about the FBI still having 29,800 pending name checks dating back to 2005...

she used to work for New York Justice Department, and she responded that 10 years ago, the NYPD alone, could process over 100,000 name checks in 1 year. that was 10 years ago.

it is just crazy.

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I have a question. Do they do any security checks before they approve an I-130 at USCIS?

Also, I knew a woman who got her K-1 visa through Amman and she recieved her visa 5 days after the interview. It makes me wonder how they can process someone so fast and then take forever on others.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

I have a question. Do they do any security checks before they approve an I-130 at USCIS?

Also, I knew a woman who got her K-1 visa through Amman and she recieved her visa 5 days after the interview. It makes me wonder how they can process someone so fast and then take forever on others.

ive seen many muhhamds passing thru and flying outta there too i dunno like i said some consistency would be nice from the embassy - but this is God's plan so I agree with it. It is frustrating though

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Do no feel bad, everything will happen in the right time. AP is nothing to get impatient about, enjoy increasing communication and remembering the good times, your time will come soon!

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.