Lancep

Where is the "black hole" between CSC and NVC???

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Of course, in 60 days it could have gone from the CSC to the NVC by Pony Express.

No, CBR, there is no confusion. I'm an attorney, as I said in my original post, and have been in direct personal contact with the Director of the NVC and the CIS Ombudsman. The K1 petition was filed 9-7-07. The NOA2 was issued 2-4-08, so today is the 59th day since approval. Unless a Congressman or Senator can apply pressure, which mine are trying to do, no one at USCIS or the NVC will show any interest unless it's been more than 90 days.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Contact the Obudsman at email cisombudsman@dhs.gov They will research it out for you pretty quick within a week and get to the bottom of it. This is rediculous. Their website is http://www.dhs.gov/cisobudsman

Im serious they helped me with an issue and got action quick once I sent them the inquiry. They monitor the USCIS to make sure they are doing their jobs correctly and help applicants who have problems with the USCIS. They responded to me and got action within 10 days. My case was approved a few days later. How come yours sits on a shelf and others go straight through the NVC to the embassies. Mine went through the NVC in 48 hours and before they notified my it was sent to the embassy in Kazakhstan it wal already delivered there to the embassy. Good luck and I feel for you. IT BS!!! :blink:

Edited by djaedi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I wonder if distance has anything to do with the time, which I imagine it would to some small extent.

The distance from the VSC to the NVC is around 200~ miles, which is a couple hours tops.

The distance from the CSC to the NVC is around 3000~ miles, which is quite a trek, either by plane or truck.

If you want to test them out, try maps.google.com and use Portsmouth, NH as the END and Laguna Niquel, CA or Saint Albans, VT as the BEGIN...quite the difference I must say!

Well this is almost irrelevent. Maybe the differnce in istance should add 2 days to the time. The difference is of policy and procedure,VSC sends them out to the NVC within a day or 2. CSC will sit on them sometimes for weeks until they get a sizable amount of them (Fill a pallet?) to send all at once.

Bad enough CSC takes way longer to approve our applications compared to VSC then to add insult to injury they take their sweet time sending them to NVC.

Like another poster referenced, it appears one service center is definately managed better than the other. If a private business were to serve their customers in this manner, they would not last very long.

November 5, 2007 --- 1-129F sent to CSC

November 6, 2007 --- Package received at CSC signed for by V SEMEGI

November 14, 2007 --- NOA1 Date

November 19, 2007 --- NOA1 Hardcopy I-797 received in the mail

March 10, 2008 ---- Touched

March 13, 2008 ---- Touched

March 14, 2008 ---- Touched

March 20, 2008 ---- Touched ( I guess approved but no update on website or email?)

March 25, 2008 ---- Noa2 hard copy received in the mail Dated March 20, 2008

March 31, 2008 ---- NVC Received our File-- Assigned case #

April 2, 2008 ------- Package shipped to US embassy Manila

May 8-9, 2008------ Medical (approved)

May 20, 2008------- Interview (Approved)

May 29, 2008------- Visa Delivered

June 12, 2008------ Flight to USA -POE Chicago

"Calling an Illegal immigrant an Undocumented worker is the equivalent of calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Theoretically that may be the case but it still makes no sense! It would cost the same amount for them to send off each petition as it is approved or send off all for the week rather than wait 2 months for a pallet to fill up. What they're doing just adds insult to injury.

As already has been stated, it's a problem with the managment and structure of that office and because it's a government agency, we have very little say.

I'm with the attorney OP... i'd have biked it over by now!

We all pay the same fees and we should all have the same service. Simple as that.

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah that is more likely the case...if both offices were managed identically with no differences in procedure or quality of work, then I would assume things would be smoother. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I wonder if the NVC suffers from the same difference in management, since there isn't multiple locations of that office...just the one and only location.

USA_a.gif

Timeline
Hi, djaedi -- Actually, I have the personal e-mail of the new CIS Ombudsman who was just appointed a few weeks ago, and the personal e-mail of his lead assistant, which I am not going to post because they probably already hate me. I did get an immediate response by phone and e-mail, but pretty much just the standard "Up to 90 days is not unusual." I have sent two detailed follow-up e-mails that have not been responded to, but I can only hope that they are doing something. I have attacked this from so many different angles that you would not believe it, but unfortunately getting the attention of the USCIS and NVC appears to be a very tough nut to crack. I have been entirely polite and respectful, as has everyone who has responded to me, but so far I have no confidence that anyone even knows where my petition is.

Timeline
Hi, djaedi -- Actually, I have the personal e-mail of the new CIS Ombudsman who was just appointed a few weeks ago, and the personal e-mail of his lead assistant, which I am not going to post because they probably already hate me. I did get an immediate response by phone and e-mail, but pretty much just the standard "Up to 90 days is not unusual." I have sent two detailed follow-up e-mails that have not been responded to, but I can only hope that they are doing something. I have attacked this from so many different angles that you would not believe it, but unfortunately getting the attention of the USCIS and NVC appears to be a very tough nut to crack. I have been entirely polite and respectful, as has everyone who has responded to me, but so far I have no confidence that anyone even knows where my petition is.

Man you are getting screwed.. :blush: ....Have you tried a personal call and email to your local congressman? I would be burning up the phone lines everyday until I got an answer. I know its not really any help to you but I feel so bad for you. Up to 90 days is not unusual? That is rediculous. I don't believe they wait for a whole pallet of stuff to fill up to mail them. That would even be more unfair. How can others be so quick going through the same process and yours not be? Have you tried the DHL trick just to see if any packages have been delivered or are on the way to your country's embassy? (DHL trick by Kidbrooklyn here on VJ) I can't imagine too many packages going there. Other countries yes but yours I doubt it. Have you checked with the embassy your case will eventually go too? I never got any help from the NVC when I called them, didn't even have an NVC case number assigned and it showed up at the embassy before I was even contacted by the NVC telling me they sent it. I got their notice two weeks after it had already been sent. Call the embassy and talk to them and even if they don't have it some embassies are nice enough to watch for it and email when they receive it. Sometimes they will even email you the packet 3 materials instead of waiting for snail mail. Our embassy in Kazakhstan was very quick to email everything we needed and even an interview date at the same time. Saved us weeks of waiting for the mail. I know its hard but don't give up and keep doing what you seem to be doing. Trying everything. Eventually it will happen and hopefully the rest of the process will go faster for you. Please let us all know how things progress. We are here for you to keep you encouraged. Man I wish I could make it happen for you. I will definately pray for you. Man my heart is with you. Keep your chin up and don't stop doing whatever it takes. Ciao my friend! :thumbs:

Timeline

WOE UNTO YOU if you ever get caught in a snafu like this. I was just told by the all-knowing CIS Ombudsman that: (1) My petition was received on October 31. WRONG. It was received on September 7, as stated on both the notice of receipt and the notice of approval. The October 31 date appears only on the USCIS website. I immediately called about this error when I got the notice of receipt and was told not to worry about it because the official notice was correct. (2) The CSC is now working on petitions received on September 9. WRONG. This is the "party line" stated on the USCIS website, but it is off by about two months. (3) I was told on March 27 that my petition was still at the CSC. WRONG. Both I and my Congressman have repeatedly been told that my petition was sent to the NVC shortly after approval on February 4. A puzzled caller from the CSC told me on March 27 that "it appeared" from her screen that my petition "might" still be at the CSC, and she would "try to locate" it and call me back in a day or two (which, of course, she didn't). (5) My petition is still well within normal processing times. WRONG. It has been 63 days since the notice of approval. The all-knowing CIS Ombudsman didn't appear to see any incrongruity in telling me that my petition was received on October 31, the CSC is now working on petitions received on September 9, and my petition was approved on February 4. What an amazingly incompetent system.

Timeline

WOW!! :blink::wacko: That totally sucks!! I totally agree with you!! The whole thing is a freaking unfair system. To some it goes smoothly and others it doesn't? Everyone pays the same amount of money and should get the same service. You are way out of processing timeframes for an approved application. Totally F$#($king rediculous!! Imcompetent is a good word. I wish I knew what to do for you other than trying to show up on the CSC doorstep or NVC whichever and raising hell. I really feel for you. Please don't give up!! Did you contact the embassy to see if just by chance its already made it there? Probably not there but just wondering. WOW even the OMBUDSMAN didn't do it for you. Can't believe they even have the wrong date on your application. Man I am so sorry and I hope and pray this will get cleared up soon and you will be on your way to being together. Keep up the pressure on everyone at every department!! Let us know!! :angry:

Timeline

djaedi, I did contact the embassy in Warsaw but have not heard back. My best guess is that it's still at the CSC. I suspect that Untrained Gerbil #1 approved it on Februray 4 and sent it to Untrained Gerbil #2 for final processing and mailing, whereupon Untrained Gerbil #2 saw the erroneous Oct. 31 receipt date and put it in the wrong pile. But who knows? Maybe Untrained Gerbil #2 took to it to the bathroom to read on the toilet, accidentally peed on it, and flushed it rather than admit his mistake. I'll post a final update if and when this mystery is solved. What is disappointing is the inability of the CIS Ombudsman or a Congressman to simply get a straight answer like "It's sitting on the desk of Untrained Gerbil #2 in Room 224 at the CSC and will be going in the mail to the NVC next Monday." Instead, even they get the standard party loine of "It can take 90 days," which simply means "We have no idea where it is and aren't going to start looking until it's been lost for at least 90 days." They seem to have no appreciation of the fact that these petitions represent REAL PEOPLE to whom snafus like this are devastating.

Edited by Lancep

Timeline

Well, I finally got a meaningful call from the CSC after calling the emergency line once again. The woman was extremely nice and said that my file is indeed still there. She said that I am the most persistent human being she has ever seen (hey, I'm an attorney!) and that I have attacked this from so many angles that the file has bounced all over the place during the past few weeks as they try to respond to all of the inquiries. But she did say it is approved and that she is sending an e-mail that it must go to the NVC ASAP. She had a convoluted explanation as to why it is still there – things get shuffled to the wrong officer’s desk, what is called the CSC is not all one building, things get put into the wrong crate for shipping, etc., etc. She did say that this problem is not all that unusual, and my Congressman's office said they have heard the same thing about multiple inquiries actually causing delays. It appears to me that whatever I’ve managed to accomplish with this has been done on my own – I don’t think my Congressman efforts carried near as much weight as me bugging the CIS Ombudsman to death, calling the Director of the NVC, and leaving repeated messages on the CSC emergency line.

Timeline
Well, I finally got a meaningful call from the CSC after calling the emergency line once again. The woman was extremely nice and said that my file is indeed still there. She said that I am the most persistent human being she has ever seen (hey, I'm an attorney!) and that I have attacked this from so many angles that the file has bounced all over the place during the past few weeks as they try to respond to all of the inquiries. But she did say it is approved and that she is sending an e-mail that it must go to the NVC ASAP. She had a convoluted explanation as to why it is still there – things get shuffled to the wrong officer’s desk, what is called the CSC is not all one building, things get put into the wrong crate for shipping, etc., etc. She did say that this problem is not all that unusual, and my Congressman's office said they have heard the same thing about multiple inquiries actually causing delays. It appears to me that whatever I’ve managed to accomplish with this has been done on my own – I don’t think my Congressman efforts carried near as much weight as me bugging the CIS Ombudsman to death, calling the Director of the NVC, and leaving repeated messages on the CSC emergency line.

WOW man, I am so happy to hear at least they found it. I know its not good news that its still there but at least you can take some satifaction that it is found. Honestly I think they will rush it now and I believe what you did and all you did has made it happen. Way to be persistant. You did it Lance. I hope things get moving quickly for you now. :thumbs: Did your embassy say anything about emailing you packet 3 docs when they receive the case? Wasn't sure if you had asked them about that. It may save you more time in waiting for snail mail. The embassy in Kazakhstan emailed us both Packet 3 docs and an interview appointment for 13 days later. It went fast and my girl will be here on the 21st of April. The lady at the embassy said email saved us 3 to 5 weeks of waiting on the mail. Just a thought since you had to wait so long already. Take care and keep in touch with the progress. :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.