brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I filed and was approved back in early 2005 for my first K1; curious to see if what you say is true or not Jerry about us 2nd timers...Also, here's to havin' no RFEs!!! :thumbs:

Please don't join the conspiracy club. :star:

You have probably read the great synopsis thread from the USCIS adjudicator Huskerkiev. Both Kim and I posted a shortcut to it earlier in the thread. Here it is:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...dicator-q-and-a

Basically, once they pull a box of all K1-129F's they work through the entire box before starting their next box of visa petitions.

If mine is one of the slow ones, remember there are still outstanding petitions from Dec., Jan. etc., it it would drive me crazy to think that it was somehow personal.

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Please don't join the conspiracy club.

I'm not bro....not at all. Just curious :)

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

3/19/08 Met my lovely Olenka in Lviv, Ukraine

4/21/08 K1 packet sent to VSC via Express Mail

4/22/08 Packet arrived at VSC. Signed for by P. NOVAK

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/5/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail + TOUCHED

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

11/25/08 MY LOVE WILL ARRIVE!!!

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Jerry, Jerry, Jerry. Join us on the sunny side of life. :star:

The numbers still look very good for March, Jerry. Out of the 65 March VJ Vermont K-1 petitioners, 22% (14) have already been approved and within 60 days.

Additionally, of the remaining March VJ petitioners, 75% have not exceeded the 60 day goal as of today's date.

And most have a ways to go before exceeding 60 days. Almost 51% of all the remaining March VJ filers filed after the 19th of March.

And in the last 8 business days there has been 10 approvals for March filers.

So my glass is half full. :yes:

Brian

Ok now you're just starting to get irritating. :star:

As I already posted, I am beyond your 60 day window and counting. 'Not really expecting much anytime real soon, either. Finally, I am not a conspiracy type, so keep that language to yourself please, e.g. people can make commentary without others such as yourself bashing that commentary. They are expressing opinion and should be allowed to do so without other folk either directly telling them how wrong they are or inferring the same. The numbers don't lie and I have seen where those who have filed before are taking longer to receive subsequent approvals. It makes sense too I suppose; with the new IMBRA laws they have to do some additional checking, whatever that may be. And there's the "database" entry that must be made for anyone who has filed two or more petitions. I am aware of some exceptions, namely a friend of mine from CT who got an approval quite quickly despite having filed only 1.5 years ago. However those appear to be the exception, not the rule. He filed with VSC previously too, so the "checking process" was likely easier. My previous petition was with the TSC, so I suspect that VSC might need to contact them regarding that petition. Eh...dunno about that, but possibly, whatever. Anyway. Are those factors in my case? Who knows, maybe, maybe not. Half the fun when I have time to think about this stuff is playing the speculating game. :lol:

So keep your glass half-full, sure. Just be prepared live up to your words if and when your petition gets in the slow lane too. :bonk:

To desenchantee, let me know how it goes for you, I'd be interested to learn if you think that your previous filing might have increased your wait time or not. Also, sorry to learn that you experienced difficulty with a previous filing. Rough thing, that. Glad to see you have rebounded well!

Keep the faith to all!

Jerry

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I tried to edit the previous post with the following, but musta pressed a wrong button somewhere. Anyhooo...this should have completed the first paragraph:

Your assertions appear to be made largely off of data from the month of March, though in previous posts you have made reference to January and the like. Look Brian, noone is trying to rain on your parade, I'm certainly not. But the reality is a little different than you are attempting to portray it, that's all I am asserting. I base this on my previous governmental employment and experience with the USCIS, though I have never worked as an adjudicator. Mind you, I hope that my suspicions prove to be incorrect. I'd like that, I'd like to see the wait times decrease and as previously mentioned, I have taken more direct action than simply posting on these forums to affect that result. Not just for me either, but for everyone who will attempt the process in the future. That having been said, I don't see things changing anytime soon (e.g. the next year or two) and in the short term (e.g. the next few months), I anticipate a gradual slowing of the I-129F petitions in the VSC. This is an unemotional analysis of the situation as I currently find it; no "hope" of mine is playing into that equation. "Just the facts as they now appear" to borrow a phrase. ;)

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Also, sorry to learn that you experienced difficulty with a previous filing. Rough thing, that. Glad to see you have rebounded well!

You too :) Guess we all live and learn :yes:

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

3/19/08 Met my lovely Olenka in Lviv, Ukraine

4/21/08 K1 packet sent to VSC via Express Mail

4/22/08 Packet arrived at VSC. Signed for by P. NOVAK

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/5/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail + TOUCHED

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

11/25/08 MY LOVE WILL ARRIVE!!!

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

adair, I don't think brian was trying to irritate you. He is making a choice here to remain positive...like many of us. You stated yourself that the only thing certain about this whole process...is the uncertainty. ;)

Yes, there are those, like you, waiting for long periods of time and it's a shame. Many of those waiting have either received RFE's or were stuck in namechecks or database hits. A few are the result of a uscis error. Yes, it's unfair. But it is what it is. That's why we have a voice and that's why we use it by contacting our representatives. Good for you in doing so. Whether change is immediate or not, at least it's one more voice added to the cause. I'm certainly with you there.

As far as statistcal data... you can't really base anything as 'fact' when it comes to the numbers. The uscis number show a consistent increase in visa's over the last decade. That's all we know for sure. Times are changing fast. We have to consider there are new officials as well as lots of new staff. I, like Brian and others here, choose to believe they are headed in more positive direction...not the other way. Time will tell. We have to also consider that the database driven searches and name hits may come up more frequently as the DHS tries to better it's own process.

According to these same stats that show the 'general' picture... VSC has a long history (years) of being much quicker than even 60 days and that does not fall off seasonally. The work visa's seem to slow it down a bit about this time of year and, of course, those dreaded fee hikes, but it picks up again once those are cleared up. The H visa's could very well explain the difference in how quickly January's approvals went through to the 2-4 weeks more it seems to take now.

Last years influx threw the numbers way off, they weren't prepared and admittedly mismanaged it, Unfortunately, it also seemed to hold those last quarter filers with any kind of 'rfe' or 'hit' up even more. We can speculate all we want but the uscis are the only ones that know why that's happening. It does seem to be clearing out now. I hope that means you are on your way soon.

Yes, we feel fortunate to be able to file with VSC. I'm also glad that Russell is not from a 'higher fraud' country and that we wont get stuck in AP for years like those poor folks over there do. There are tons of things that can happen. Things beyond our control. Things that will disapoint us. Why should we live in even more misery now just in case that happens to us? Just because you choose not to let it consume you doesn't mean that you don't understand the realities off he process.

I've waited many, many years to share my life with this man. We've had enough pain and misery to last a lifetime. We've opened a new chapter with this petition. So, even though we are well aware that there are more obstacles to face, nothing is gained by worrying about what 'could' happen and nobody is going to rain on our parade. It's hard enough already.

The chances are very good that we will be approved within a couple months time. Yes, it could be more... it could also be less...

My glass remains half full with Brian's. Life's too short and difficult enough without worrying about the what-ifs. ;)

Optimism doesn't set you up for more dissapointment ...unless you let it.

Have a good weekend folks... Happy Mother's Day to all!

*lookin through rose colored shades*

Edited by KimandRuss
timeline.jpg

Kim and Brian I am with you guys my glass remains well and truly half full and no one can take that away from me. Sure I have my bad days just like I have my good days. This process will lead to me spending a long and wonderful life with Alan whether it take 3 months or 3 years the outcome I can be sure of. I do however have to admit that my glass of chardonnay continues to slip way below half full on a regular basis today, luckily I'm a classy bird and bought a box!!

Adair we filed almost around the same time and I'm still waiting too. Swing by the January, February and March threads and you'll find people who are still waiting. I'm from the UK and my SO has never filed before, I wouldn't have thought I have a similar name to any badies and I've never been in any trouble myself. Our package was put together well and everything was included as far as we are concerned. Its just the game. We either play by USCIS rules (of which seem to be few and far between) or we don't play at all. Personally attempting to second guess this process would drive me insane and thats why I choose to do it my way. I hope that your suspicions are proved wrong too and your receive your approval soon.

Best wishes to all the April Filers - I hope your enjoying the sunshine

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Bex do you mean literal sunshine ? because Scotland is unusually sunny and it is great! and my football team are playing in Manchester on Wednesday I want to go so bad :D .

I always told my SO that I wanted to be there for Christmas, we of course filed in march (forms were lost) and then April, I will have my fingers crossed I can spend Christmas with him in the States, 60 seems a little quick for an i-129F , but if 60 days was my approval, I would be absolutely ecstatic, but then have to remember an Approval isnt the end of this journey, and what is it they say, it's the journey who makes you who you are.

Like Bex said , this leads to a new life and like everytime I see Steven after long intervals you cant explain that feeling, just thinking about seeing him at the airport , and knowing I am not going to have to say goodbye at the airport , just thinking about it makes me all gooey inside! (I am such a girl) :D

I also wouldn't trust VSC's timelines.

One would think $455 would buy you semin decent service, or atleast pay the wages of one guy to do your entire form for you :D

Bex do you live near Manchester?

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

I meant REAL all the way ... can you believe we have so much sunshine in the UK at the moment. I'm actually getting a REAL tan!! Whoop Whoop! I think if you want to go to Manchester then you should definitely go - ROAD TRIP!! Its going to be a bigger commute when you are in the states! I live about 2 hours drive away from Manchester in the very lovely and super safe Nottingham :D ...really its nice ...

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Timeline

Never been to England before, it should be fun when I attempt to find my way to the London embassy !

When I was in the states, that is when I realised how much of a tan I didnt have!, there was even a guy selling DC maps at the subway who said to Steven "I know your american" and then looked at me and said "but where are you from" I didnt even speak :blush: .

I also was attacked by mosquitos, we never see mosquitos here, I went to the pharmacist and he said "omg, didnt you have protection" but Steven never even told me they have a crazy ####### mosquito thing in Maryland!

No more will I stand out against the tanned americans!, not until I speak anyway, there were alot of "whats" on my first visit.

What is everyones favourite thing about the USA? or your SO's country, or your own. Or all 3!

I fell in love with Ice Cream cake!, when I had my first one in The States I was amazed, alot of "a Cake, made out of...Ice cream, no way" !

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Never been to England before, it should be fun when I attempt to find my way to the London embassy !

When I was in the states, that is when I realised how much of a tan I didnt have!, there was even a guy selling DC maps at the subway who said to Steven "I know your american" and then looked at me and said "but where are you from" I didnt even speak :blush: .

I also was attacked by mosquitos, we never see mosquitos here, I went to the pharmacist and he said "omg, didnt you have protection" but Steven never even told me they have a crazy ####### mosquito thing in Maryland!

No more will I stand out against the tanned americans!, not until I speak anyway, there were alot of "whats" on my first visit.

What is everyones favourite thing about the USA? or your SO's country, or your own. Or all 3!

I fell in love with Ice Cream cake!, when I had my first one in The States I was amazed, alot of "a Cake, made out of...Ice cream, no way" !

My favourite is chilli dogs, hot dogs which chilli meat on the top, yummy.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline

I agree with the chilli dog thing, they are great!! And what about hamburger helper??? A meal fit for a king I tell you!

P.S. We got touched again today :)

K1

04/05/2008 - I-129F Sent to VSC

04/10/2008 - I-129F NOA1 Received

07/20/2008 - I-129F NOA2 Received (106 Days after filing)

08/08/2008 - Packet 3 Received

08/09/2008 - Packet 3 Sent

08/12/2008 - Medical

08/25/2008 - Packet 4 Received

09/04/2008 - Interview - Approved!!!!

09/08/2008 - Visa Received

09/12/2008 - US Entry (EDI-JFK-PIT)

AOS

09/27/2008 - AOS Packet Sent

10/02/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-765 and I-131

10/20/2008 - I-485 Transferred To CSC

10/28/2008 - Biometrics

11/28/2008 - I-765 and I-131 Received

02/03/2009 - I-485 Card Production Ordered

Removal of Conditions

11/06/2010 - I-751 Sent to VSC

11/08/2010 - I-751 Received at VSC

11/09/2010 - NOA for I-751

11/15/2010 - Check Cashed

11/17/2010 - NOA Hard Copy Received

12/07/2010 - Biometrics in Pittsburgh

Citizenship

11/06/2010 - Filing Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I agree with the chilli dog thing, they are great!! And what about hamburger helper??? A meal fit for a king I tell you!

P.S. We got touched again today :)

I am so looking forward to the food there, its so yummy, lovely salads and the fruit is to die for. congrats on the touch too.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Good morning folks. :)

Graham, how exciting to be touched so much! :lol: I hope that means good news for you soon! :)

Hoping to see lots of VSC approvals the next couple days. We're overdue! ;)

Have a great start to your week friends.

timeline.jpg

Timeline
Graham, how exciting to be touched so much! :lol: I hope that means good news for you soon! :)

I just love getting touched!!!! :lol:

K1

04/05/2008 - I-129F Sent to VSC

04/10/2008 - I-129F NOA1 Received

07/20/2008 - I-129F NOA2 Received (106 Days after filing)

08/08/2008 - Packet 3 Received

08/09/2008 - Packet 3 Sent

08/12/2008 - Medical

08/25/2008 - Packet 4 Received

09/04/2008 - Interview - Approved!!!!

09/08/2008 - Visa Received

09/12/2008 - US Entry (EDI-JFK-PIT)

AOS

09/27/2008 - AOS Packet Sent

10/02/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-765 and I-131

10/20/2008 - I-485 Transferred To CSC

10/28/2008 - Biometrics

11/28/2008 - I-765 and I-131 Received

02/03/2009 - I-485 Card Production Ordered

Removal of Conditions

11/06/2010 - I-751 Sent to VSC

11/08/2010 - I-751 Received at VSC

11/09/2010 - NOA for I-751

11/15/2010 - Check Cashed

11/17/2010 - NOA Hard Copy Received

12/07/2010 - Biometrics in Pittsburgh

Citizenship

11/06/2010 - Filing Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.