Delicia

Getting Senator intervention

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You are within the timelines, so sadly nothing can be done at this time. I talked to my congressman about this and the DAY it is over processing they can take rapid action. Until then... you're stuck waiting.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

That is the answer I was looking for, and also the confirms what I was informed by the Senator's office. It really has nothing to do with this '6 month' period that I keep seeing thrown about. It has everything to do with the USCIS processing dates as posted on their site. Unfortunately, that is running more like 8 months rather than 6.

Thanks.

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Timeline
I am not trying to be rude. I'm just saying, there is a lot of processing yet to go through. The I-130 is only the beginning, then NVC, then waiting for the interview date itself. . . .

Thank you Capt Obvious! (P.S. Doesn't really matter if you were intending to be rude or not, you were. )

My blog

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I am not trying to be rude. I'm just saying, there is a lot of processing yet to go through. The I-130 is only the beginning, then NVC, then waiting for the interview date itself. . . .

Thank you Capt Obvious! (P.S. Doesn't really matter if you were intending to be rude or not, you were. )

Listen, I apologize that you were offended. But you have been intentionally rude, and that is much worse.

You are within the timelines, so sadly nothing can be done at this time. I talked to my congressman about this and the DAY it is over processing they can take rapid action. Until then... you're stuck waiting.

Very concise. . .very true.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I do not mind being rude.

It was 7 months, thank you Nebraska, before my paperwork was touched.

Whole process took just short of a year.

And nothing any Senator etc could do, just normal USCIS F Upped processing.

Get used to it.

Now nearly a year waiting to remove conditions another 15 months to go. Naturalisation, how long!

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I wish I had a punching/kicking bag with USCIS written on it to send you Delicia.

It wouldn't speed things up, obviously, but it might help you expend some frustrations.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I submitted a letter to my senator today (Jon Kyl) asking for his assistance with my petition in light of the I-130 processing dates going backwards at CSC. I submitted (along with other documents that his office requested from me) a copy of my spreadsheet as proof that the USCIS posted processing dates are bogus. I see several I-130s approved with original filing dates of December 2007 as well as the vast majority of November 2007 filers having received adjudication. There, on the face of it, seems to be no logic to USCIS posting that they were processing through Sept 5, 2007 in March 2008 and now in April 2008, advising they are processing through August 19, 2007. I figure if I wait long enough and disregard the year, they will backed up into October in no time! There really is nothing more I can do about my silly situation other than this.

If the Senator decides my case is not worth pursuing at this time, so be it. If he does, cool. In the meantime, I definitely need a break from this forum and everything else immigration related, because, I am just burned out and have become numb.

Day: 176 :ranting:

Edited by Delicia

My blog

Filed: Timeline

Sweetie - I feel for you. GOOD that you are contacting your elected officials. I personally don't give a ####### if you're within timelines; those elected representatives are there to serve YOU for pete's sake, and it's good that you are sending them all this information sister. Those bureaucrats need to know "The People" will not just sit back and wait for their lazy selves to do the job YOUR TAXES pay for. Be strong, as strong as I know you are. (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wrote to both Senators offices here, and both are helping me in our case. They are in constant contact with me and the embassy.

if one rep doesnt work try them all, some deal better with immigration some dont. They do come in handy to help get answers we cant but you just need contact the right one and keep trying

Akram & Donna

[/i]

Habeby............. Ana Bamoot Fek!!!

انا بموت فيك

[/u][/b]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
i guess i just live in the wrong state for any help at all .......they are now processing oct.......i filed in aug receipted in sept and no help from any congressman or senator ........... :angry:

That's terrible. I assumed that Oregon reps would be more helpful since they have fewer immigrants than other states. In California every inquiry took 4-6 months while Washington has been faster. (Of course, they've never been able to do anything b/c of the name check, but at least they confirmed the case wasn't lost).

What kind of info have they given you? Have you received any letters back from them? I usually get a letter 6-12 weeks out stating that they got the inquiry and then a response 6 weeks to 3 months after that.

Have they responded in any way?

Summer 2001--we met in Manzanillo, Mexico

10/02--129F submitted (We had 1 RFE)

7/03--Interview in Ciudad Juarez

2/15/04--Married

4/2/04--AOS submitted

8/23/04--Interview in Chula Vista, CA (approved pending name check)

5 EADs, 3 APs, multiple Senators' inquiries and infopass appts, 2 AOS biometrics,

and one move to Seattle later...

3/3/08--AOS Biometrics renewal in Seattle

6/9/08--10 year green card arrived in the mail. My husband is no longer in immigration limbo and is a realio, trulio permanent resident! It says he's been a resident since 04/17/2008.

1/17/11--Apply for Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I do not know if this will help, but I called my Senator (Texas) not more than 30 days into my process, and he himself called USCIS. His office was very nice, and all I had to do first was complete the two forms he required (first is general provacy act, and second was pertaining to a an immigration matter). I faxed them a detailed letter as to my situation and why I felt compelled to ask for his assistance. The quote from his staff was (The Senator would be pleased to help you in this matter, and will contact you when he hears from USCIS" When he did contact them, he got the usual processing time blah blah blah answer, but 5 days later I was approved. Coincidence or not, we'll never know. Hang in there, best of luck, and go for it. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain! Be a P.I.T.A. if you have to! :devil:

Mark and Lada

Charlotte/Volgograd

US/Russia

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

US Entry : 2008-07-15

Marriage : 2008-08-31

I-485 Filed 10-16/2008

I-485 Approved 1-11-2009

I-751 Filed for K2 8-2-2010

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I wish I had contacted our senator earlier. This is a huge wait and totally inexcusable. I laugh about our timeline but then I'd cry. We applied in the middle of 2004. Yes, I said 2004! We received notice of USCIS approving my I-130 at the end of December 2004. Then I was informed that it would take over 900 days for my file to be fully approved from start to finish. Over 900 days! Upon hearing that we stopped freaking out about sending every document in the second it arrived at the house requesting such and such to be filled out and more money sent in. We probably slacked for a total of one year as we then planned to stay in Canada and see where the US immigration thing led us. We didn't get out hopes up.

Well, my hubby moved to the US in November 2006 due to a job change as his plant was closing in Canada, so we followed him since we couldn't afford to maintain two households. I'm a stay-at-home mom and we have a 4 and 3 yr old together as well as my 11 year old son from a previous marriage. I don't know about you, but being away from my husband for 1 1/2 to 2 years and the kids not seeing their dad is NOT an option. Especially when we have done nothing wrong other than think we had the right to move to the US where my husband and our two children are citizens. Stupid me lol. And here I still sit. I had my interview at the Montreal Consulate in late February and had to resubmit documents and still no word. Tomorrow my hubby is calling his senator. I so wish we did this years ago. It might have saved alot of head and heartaches.

And for those who wonder....I am natural born Canadian, don't have a criminal record (actually I did volunteer work for 16 yrs with victim services to help victims of crime), I've never been deported or refused access to the US, and my family background is from a standard european country that is not on anyone's restrictive list. My husband is a former marine from the Gulf War, he's an engineer with a good job, he owns our house in the US and we've been married for 5 1/2 yrs, together for 7 yrs. Oh, and I used to work at non-profit organizations to help the community in which I lived. So ya, I can see why my application is taking so long. :blink: I must be a detriment to society LOL

Pretty sad when the first and only rule I ever break is a big one like being in the US to preserve my family due to incompetence. I don't get it.

Edited by gemilina

Timeline

Gemilina: I understand your feelings completely. Pretty much the same thing happened to me and my husband when I tried to immigrate to Canada... 2 years later and no progress from CIC, we gave up and now live apart while trying our luck with USCIS.

Regarding the Senator: I received a letter from mine yesterday just advising that he was going to make in inquiry to USCIS and would let me know when he had received a response. It's been less than 1 week after I submitted my letter, so I am not complaining about how long it took him to respond and send an inquiry to USCIS. He obviously accepted my argument that the posted USCIS dates were garbage. Jon Kyl's office seems to be very efficient. Too bad McCain's office completely blew off all my communication with his office as did my House Rep.

My blog

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I wish I had contacted our senator earlier. This is a huge wait and totally inexcusable. I laugh about our timeline but then I'd cry. We applied in the middle of 2004. Yes, I said 2004! We received notice of USCIS approving my I-130 at the end of December 2004. Then I was informed that it would take over 900 days for my file to be fully approved from start to finish. Over 900 days! Upon hearing that we stopped freaking out about sending every document in the second it arrived at the house requesting such and such to be filled out and more money sent in. We probably slacked for a total of one year as we then planned to stay in Canada and see where the US immigration thing led us. We didn't get out hopes up.

Well, my hubby moved to the US in November 2006 due to a job change as his plant was closing in Canada, so we followed him since we couldn't afford to maintain two households. I'm a stay-at-home mom and we have a 4 and 3 yr old together as well as my 11 year old son from a previous marriage. I don't know about you, but being away from my husband for 1 1/2 to 2 years and the kids not seeing their dad is NOT an option. Especially when we have done nothing wrong other than think we had the right to move to the US where my husband and our two children are citizens. Stupid me lol. And here I still sit. I had my interview at the Montreal Consulate in late February and had to resubmit documents and still no word. Tomorrow my hubby is calling his senator. I so wish we did this years ago. It might have saved alot of head and heartaches.

And for those who wonder....I am natural born Canadian, don't have a criminal record (actually I did volunteer work for 16 yrs with victim services to help victims of crime), I've never been deported or refused access to the US, and my family background is from a standard european country that is not on anyone's restrictive list. My husband is a former marine from the Gulf War, he's an engineer with a good job, he owns our house in the US and we've been married for 5 1/2 yrs, together for 7 yrs. Oh, and I used to work at non-profit organizations to help the community in which I lived. So ya, I can see why my application is taking so long. :blink: I must be a detriment to society LOL

Pretty sad when the first and only rule I ever break is a big one like being in the US to preserve my family due to incompetence. I don't get it.

Is it a name check thing? Why would it take that long? We've been AOS pending since 2004 due to the name check, but we started with the fiance visa (that was approved in 8 months). With the I130 do you have to do the name check prior to approval? THat's just crazy!

That's so terrible.

Summer 2001--we met in Manzanillo, Mexico

10/02--129F submitted (We had 1 RFE)

7/03--Interview in Ciudad Juarez

2/15/04--Married

4/2/04--AOS submitted

8/23/04--Interview in Chula Vista, CA (approved pending name check)

5 EADs, 3 APs, multiple Senators' inquiries and infopass appts, 2 AOS biometrics,

and one move to Seattle later...

3/3/08--AOS Biometrics renewal in Seattle

6/9/08--10 year green card arrived in the mail. My husband is no longer in immigration limbo and is a realio, trulio permanent resident! It says he's been a resident since 04/17/2008.

1/17/11--Apply for Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.