Ms. Hellwig

USCIS customer support

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I tried calling the cusomer service number and I actually got through to a person fairly easily. I posed the question of how come petitions that were received after mine were getting approved and mine hadn't yet. (I put it in a more polite way than that). I was told all she could tell me was my application is still within the posted processing dates, it is not past yet, and that's about it. She did not know what NOA1 or NOA2 was. What exactly are the requirements to be a customer service rep with the USCIS???

I then asked who could help me and she suggested I make an appointment with an Immigration Officer through "InfoPass" on the USCIS website. None of the available options address this issue. The website says call the customer service number. What a run around.

It is more sit and wait??? It will probably take at least three months for the posted processing dates to be through my date of November 19th.

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Filed: Timeline
So I tried calling the cusomer service number and I actually got through to a person fairly easily. I posed the question of how come petitions that were received after mine were getting approved and mine hadn't yet. (I put it in a more polite way than that). I was told all she could tell me was my application is still within the posted processing dates, it is not past yet, and that's about it. She did not know what NOA1 or NOA2 was. What exactly are the requirements to be a customer service rep with the USCIS???

NOA1 and NOA2 are pretty much VJ terms. They're not USCIS terms. NOA1 and 2 are "Notice of Action," also known as an I-797. USCIS will be more familiar with "Notice of Action" or "I-797."

I then asked who could help me and she suggested I make an appointment with an Immigration Officer through "InfoPass" on the USCIS website. None of the available options address this issue. The website says call the customer service number. What a run around.

It is more sit and wait??? It will probably take at least three months for the posted processing dates to be through my date of November 19th.

Unfortunately this is how it works, especially at CSC right now. You're still within their 6 month goal, and probably still at least a good month away from being approved. It's these last weeks that are the hardest, I know. Hang in there though. It'll happen soon.

Edited by mox

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks. I just have to remember to be patient.

I was just getting so excited seeing others getting approved that I was sure that I would be getting something soon. I jumped the gun.

Unfortunately, patience is NOT one of my many virtues. :innocent:

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's one of the downsides of having the forum/timelines to see when others are approved before you as well as the USCIS website which some people check on a daily basis for updates...

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Thanks. I just have to remember to be patient.

I was just getting so excited seeing others getting approved that I was sure that I would be getting something soon. I jumped the gun.

Unfortunately, patience is NOT one of my many virtues. :innocent:

I can totally relate. I was an absolute nervous wreck, and got to the point that it was painful to see other approvals, especially the ones who had filed after me. And there's no shame in just avoiding this forum for awhile. Sometimes it just gets to be too much. But hang in there, it's gonna happen! :thumbs:

Hehe - I've been there too - 150+ days is *far* too long to wait for NOA2 imho...

Patience never used to be a virtue of mine... I've developed it a lot though going through this process ;) Just keep telling yourself that no matter how long it takes, you will get there eventually and if you want something enough then no matter how long it takes, you'll get there in the end :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

well this is just crazy ..I do not know what they do in CSC excatly I am sure that they just forget some cases somewhere and as long as you do not take action and you will wait there but I guess you should get the right person when you call them because they alot of diffrent cases and I am sure they do not know excatly what every cases I guess you should do RFE tricks as someone do and they get results ..seriosly I hate CSC but still nothing we can do it will come soon or later just pray and pray ..

well this is just crazy ..I do not know what they do in CSC excatly I am sure that they just forget some cases somewhere and as long as you do not take action and you will wait there but I guess you should get the right person when you call them because they alot of diffrent cases and I am sure they do not know excatly what every cases I guess you should do RFE tricks as someone do and they get results ..seriosly I hate CSC but still nothing we can do it will come soon or later just pray and pray ..

The incidence of "lost" files is very, very low. In fact, I can't remember a single incidence of a case being lost after NOA1 was issued. And I can only remember 1 case of the petition being lost before NOA1.

One other thing to consider is that with regards to CSC, the rate of approval within 6 months is extremely high. Very VERY few cases go past 6 months.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I figure its more like a pile of cases gets assigned to employee A, employee A then goes on maternity leave, transfers positions, gets promoted, whatever. Then it takes a while for the cases from employee A to get redistributed where they get moved to the bottom of the pile.

Ms. H;

My girlfriend also filed through CSC back in October and she does not have a NOA2 as yet. She called USCIS and the operator was very rude to her and told her to just wait and that they have a lot of petitions. She said to help with her fustration she don't even log on anymore. She'll just wait for an e-mail. Keep the Faith baby girl. One love.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I beileve CSC is working on I-130 approvals right now so the K1's are being processed a bit slower. This is what happend to the CR1 filers back in August-Nov. There were NO cases being processed and only K1's. Now its the reverse. its bascially the luck of the draw. Depending on when you file if you are filing within the time frame that your service center is processing your type of file. This is why in many cases K1's can take just as long as CR1's to get to the very end (visa in hand). once u are approved you will breeze through NVC and get to the embassy quickly. We will probably end up having the same month for interview date as you and you are a K1 and I am a CR1...Just how it works sometimes.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

I beileve CSC is working on I-130 approvals right now so the K1's are being processed a bit slower. This is what happend to the CR1 filers back in August-Nov. There were NO cases being processed and only K1's. Now its the reverse. its bascially the luck of the draw. Depending on when you file if you are filing within the time frame that your service center is processing your type of file. This is why in many cases K1's can take just as long as CR1's to get to the very end (visa in hand). once u are approved you will breeze through NVC and get to the embassy quickly. We will probably end up having the same month for interview date as you and you are a K1 and I am a CR1...Just how it works sometimes.

That's the same thing I told my girlfriend.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.